Chapter 8
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I turn back to face the pixie who now seems to be high tailing it into the distance whilst fading out of the area. Well that's not someone I want to piss off from the looks of it I mean they can either teleport somehow or shapeshift. "Well guess we aren't getting who they actually are out of them. I wonder whose ire I dragged so early on." Probably impotant but they can't be that important if they have already bothered looking around for me. Then again they could be that important and just have been in the neighbourhood. Well at least they aren't some kind of snow beast.

"Well that puts another damper on this outing. Why the heck is this world so dangerous even at the start I mean I know we are randomly in the middle of a forest. But you'd think there would be zones of weakness or something that we are dumped into."

"Milord this is a weak zone though that interloper can probably ignore weak zones and strong zones if they are one of the shapeshifters like Loki." I let out a sigh at that. Wait did one of them speak individually. I turn around and the other one is staring at the other as well.

"Okay so why did only one of you speak this time? Is that like not you entire schtick?"

"Yes that is our schtick. I have no clue why she would speak on her own like that." The other says in an extremely hoarse voice. Great possession? Or is it just that the other one swapped positions with that one? Could be anything really no point jumping to conclusions on that situation. Especially since there is not much I can do about it.

"Would you mind returning the original individual who was in that spot before you took over that position whatever you are that took over. If you aren't then I guess I'll just have to head back to my castle annoyed at you and whatever happened in general." The other pixie looks extremely annoyed at this violation of it's brethren's position.

"Could you have worded that any more loosely." The being pouts at what I've said but a small glow starts up around it.

"Yes, that could be worded far more loosely I was wording it as specifically as I dared to after all I do not understand precisely what you have done in this scenario or the long term ramifications that you actions would have regardless of how you tried to fix it. Especially since I'm not entirely sure that you understand what you have done."

"Geesus, no wonder she choose you to represent her you already speak like one of those annoying flying pests." The beings body flashes white and there are two identical pixies hanging in space next to each other.

"Hmph no he doesn't he's way more manipulative than us pure ones!" The double speak of the pixies has returned so that should be the one returned to the other.

"I hope you returned them properly now what exactly did I do to receive this honour whatever or whoever you are."

"You are just someone competing in the great game with my chosen one of course. What other reason could there be to meet someone such as you. I mean look at your pathetic form couldn't even defeat a lone wolf without suffering injury. Oh and your body look at how weak it is still, I don't even think I should have bothered coming here you clearly only have your tongue going for you." Well what else do you think an ordinary human from that world would have going for them it's not like I have any augmentations or any kind of magic yet after all.

"Then please don't come visit me or my territory again unless you have to. I'd thank you for it but that'd mean we'd be meeting again which I'm sure that neither of us would want to have any such scenario crop up." That should get them to bugger off for now at least and then I don't have to worry about them after all I'm sure that they have other things that they'd much rather do.

"Well you are boring indeed you truly do take after the Lady. All talk and no power." The two pixies bristle at that but I think this conversations over after all I have no clue how powerful the Lady of the Lake actually is and honestly I don't think this being has any idea about it either. After all I'm sure she has actual strength if she was strong enough to come into this game and stay in it through at least 2 of these rounds whereas I don't know about this guy at all and he's even hiding his true form from a guy like me. I mean how petty can you get.

"Come on let us return to the castle you two, I mean there isn't anything else for us to do here today it's too dark to screw around with moving that blasted tree and I'm not even going to try and swing at the thing and chop it into pieces. I mean it's probably more dangerous to do such a thing then to fight that blasted wolf was before this point." 

"If you say so my lord." The two pixies voice are still in sync, so everything with them is hopefully fine but I guess I can stop worrying about the fallout from whatever the game that he was trying to pull before the end of this blasted things. I guess I can be happy that at least that guys interreference is over for now and I can finally wrap up my injuries in something. I really need to learn how to cut down trees properly though.

0