Chapter 10
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sit up from the floor, "Oh that's a surprise I thought I'd at least have a sore back from the floorboards but even my wound seems to have fixed itself up properly. Who knew that having a new body would do that." I look around the room the pixies seem to be dashing around the room sweeping whilst the boggart looks at them grumpily.

"What else did you think a new body would do leave the injury behind?" One of the pixies dashing around says.

"Ehh? I didn't m- Oooooh." The realisation of the situation just hit me I guess that after suffering the injury and everything yesterday my body went into shock and collapsed yesterday. I guess I couldn't even make it a full day without taking a life threatening injury in this world without any protectors in this world to look after me. Then again that's just my bad luck I could have pulled something helpful and just didn't.

Actually wait how in the hell does she expect me to be able to clear a monster wave in 6 days with mainly pixies? Is the banshee that strong that it can protect all the land around here from said monster wave? Or is there some rules which I just don't know about? Maybe the Encyclopedia will tell me but well by the time I've found it I'm sure that I'll have wasted all the time that I have to prepare.

The rules of hospitality maybe? I mean I was technically in the wolves territory and the night and everything. But the monsters should be invading from outside of it. Do the pixies even care about the rules of hospitality and do they actually enforce those rules? That's the wider fae courts I'm not sure that pixies really do all that stuff. But I guess we'll see with them.

"Are you all busy due to the coming of The Lady of the Lake today?" I say as I stand from the ground the pixies actually seemingly listening intensely to the boggart and well that's the only thing that I can think of that would truly worry them. 

"Yes now get outside and out of the way and let us clean up milord," The brownie says as he wizzes past with a mop "Though I don't know why you let that blasted banshee stay here she's messed up the entire floor with the dust that she brought in."

"Now, I'm sure if you asked her politely she'd clean up the dust herself she likely wouldn't want to be a bother after all." 

"Ohh of course she wouldn't and that's the problem." Oh well guess I'll see if she's floating around outside or such and moping around it seems like she might have been trying to clean up before and somehow only made it worse. As I step through the door I can see her drawing circles on the ground muttering under her breath, well more under the clinking of the chains that seem to have been wrapped around her. Those are definitely new I guess she was really getting in the way of the boggart and brownie if she has those on her I wonder where they got them from though.

"Are you okay Frauline?" I say as I come out of the house.

"Y-y-y-yes I'm q-q-qu-quite al-al-al-alright, milord." The chains seem to have become more ephemeral around her as she sees me and speaks up. Perhaps they are a part of her rather than something separate that the boggart and brownie used to tie them up. I wonder what they could signify? Also I'm sorry you two for thinking that you'd do such a thing.

"Well them Frauline please come and join me at the statute we may as well wait for the Lady there especially since we'll also be out the way of those busybodys inside once we are there."

"I-iii-iit-it is as you say milord." I watch as she stands up from the ground the chain wrapped around her fading even further though becoming more solid where it sits around her shoulders. She begins to float over to me and I turn away and begin walking to the right of the castle. 

The lightly glowing pink statue comes into view with the small pool of water floating around it.  From a distance this would all be such a nice sight. Especially with the nymphs playing around in the water behind the statue. Though I guess the sea trow does take away from the whole beautiful picture of it all but well it's intrusion can easily be forgiven especially since in the foreground there is an even bigger nuisance which is the stones and fish carcasses which seem to be littering the beach. I guess I'm going to have to move them. 

After a few minutes of just standing there  watching the water a door appears in the middle of the water. "She's coming." I call out and a crash happens from inside the room. I guess they knocked something over. I wonder what it could be. Ah well they'll all be out here in a few minutes and once she's gone I can ask them about it. The door begins to slowly open and behind it is just a swirling vortex. I guess that's just how portals look in this place or maybe that's where she lives I mean I would have thought there'd be decorations and such then again maybe she just isn't the type to be interested in those things.

The lady appears from out of the portal just stepping out of the void of nothingness onto the water. Well I guess that kind of answers that question since I couldn't see her through it. Should probably have thought about that part to be quite honest. Her beauty remains still the most stunning thing that I have ever seen, and it still gives me the heeby jeebies and razes every single hackle on my back. 

"Welcome back to my humble abode O Lady of the Lake." I say as I bow to her.

0