Chapter 11
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My champion you have gotten off to quite a disappointing start, I mean you have already lost 2 of the pixies that I graciously allowed you to generate and control and you yourself have even perished though I guess it's better that your did than another of your summons. However all up it is quite unacceptable." I remain bowed however her response sounds like she requires a proper explanation of my activities rather than her actually not accepting them.

"Lady of the Lake the disappearance of the pixies is a regrettable circumstance however it's due to the direct meddling of one of your contemporaries. I believe it should be Loki. Which whilst I may be of some minor intelligence I don't have the ability or the practice to best such as he in a game of words and wits especially when he does not even follow through with it and is quite ready to lie and deceive even such as me."

"Hmm that is at least understandable and what of your death?"

"That sadly is simply my own failure in hand to hand combat something which shall need to be rectified in the future with extensive amounts of training and can really only be rectified in that manner as of now. My apologies for not being up to par on such skills."

"At least you are able to own up to your own failures and adequately assess opponents whom are out of your league at least in this instance. I give this excuse making session a 5/10, you could have done a lot better such as coming up with a better excuse for your death that you actually believed however at least you did not try and lie to me." She sounds oddly proud at that almost as if me not lying is the better part. I think with such a low rating she'd be more disappointed especially with the fact that she choose a champion who has done so poorly.

"O Lady of the Lake shall I proceed with summoning the creatures now or do you have something else that you wish to talk to me about?"

"Oh it's quite alright you may proceed with the summoning of your new batch of creatures and then I shall go and have a little chat with Loki whilst Lady Luck is present. Though I doubt I'll be able to recoup the 2 pixies that you have lost it may be possible."

"As you command O Lady of the Lake." I walk over to the statue and kneel at the rim of the pool of water. Then slowly touch the rim the glowing screen shows up again this time only one free pull is able to be used. The paid one is greyed out and needs 2000 golden monster crystals to activate I'm genuinely not sure what the difference between a golden crystal and a regular crystal is. Anyway I should just press the daily free one there are 3 small balls of light that form in the water, 6 small balls form over the ground and one larger one over the ground.

The 3 balls hovering in the water begin to form into another 3 nymphs whilst the small balls form into another set of pixies. I wonder if that's what I'm going to mostly be getting from now on then nymphs and pixies? At least the larger ball of light turned into something new and quite interesting.

"Oh are you a dullahan?" I ask the creature that appears in front of the fountain it's a knight with a head wreathed in flame glowing in it's hands. I wonder why it has that with it?

"Yes milord I am indeed a dullahan." The sound seems to come from the top of the dullahan rather than from the head that it's holding in it's hands. I look closer at the armour of the dullahan it's quite interesting it's completely black and it seems to almost absorb the light around it. Wait a second is this dullahan a female? Wait that's not really that surprising I mean the only distinguishing feature of them is being humans without a head. 

Anyway back on the armour it appears to be some kind of metal from it's sheen but it's not like any that I've ever seen before.

"Now that you have done your summoning what orders do you have for the day? I'd like to hear them so that I may tell you if you should continue with your current path or change course drastically. After all you have not had much if any practical experience in ruling a estate let alone a castle so at least this I should mentor you on."

"I believe the two most important things for the current path is firstly setting up both a well and a water purification such that I can sell purified water to other users for some small amount of material of some kind or another depending on what is needed. The second is creating a moat around the castle to designate the true extent of territory that I shall call my own."

"Why on Dinutolumitus would you consider making a moat so early on in the development of the castle? Surely it'd be redundant as you'd need to expand it so many times to properly include everything?"

"No O Lady of the Lake, the point is to section the primary residence which includes the castle away from everything else that isn't going to be immediately useful in the near future as well as turn the castle into a sanctuary away from everything else that isn't going to be needed for it's own survival such as the well that will need to be created. The problem is anticipating how large that area of cleared space is going to be. The downside of course being that we aren't really situated on too high a ground compared with the surroundings but that'll have to be dealt with at a later date somehow or another."

"Your plans seem acceptable for now though I do think they are quite short-sighted I shall let you blunder this much as it should not impede your ability to complete the first big quest though it may put you behind the other castle owners though that is to be expected due to the large amount of pixie's that will be generated." She then clicks her fingers and then takes a step back through a swirling vortex disappearing as she makes contact with it.

0