Chapter 12
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well that was something else." I mumble under my breath hoping that none of the others around can hear me. I mean why'd she rush off after just saying that? Actually more importantly what was she actually here for in the first place?

"Milord the Lady has given her blessing to your plan how do you wish to proceed with the completion of it." The sea ogre says whilst standing on the edge of the shore he looks quite pleased. I wonder why. Cause I definitely haven't given him any actual reason to be pleased with me.

"Well I'm going to need your help to decide on how far out the moat should start off at, we will have to make more of them further out later however so you can be quite conservative with your estimation. But you'll have about 4 days to dig it. Oh and do put the dirt on the side that the castle is on not the other side. That goes for the rest of you who can help with that too." I say to the crowd around me. "But do make sure to keep exploring the territory around us. I'll let you organise the groups and what as you like since I'm sure you will all have a better understanding of your capabilities then I will." I feel like I'm forgetting something and it's not the chopping down of the trees well I should deal with that as well.

"As you say Milord" The crowd choruses.

"Oh, Dullahan you are excused from the well digging since I'm going to need you to help me cut down trees and transport them."

"As you command Lord." I'm sure she'll end up following me, and I'll do a bit of dawdling and look at all the messages in the chats whilst the Dullahan gets their axe I'm sure my axe will be in the lobby right. It'd be quite rude to do that after all if my subordinates are working hard I should work myself to death! Perhaps not literally this time however that'd probably be preferable. But really what was it that I forgot to ask. Oh well if I forgot then it probably wasn't important. 

After arriving at the place where I fell asleep I see the axe handle lying behind the grey stone in the centre of it. I slowly walk over to it and pick it up. Ahh my nice axe that needs to be properly looked after and sharpened how I missed you. "You should probably get your own axe from the warehouse of this place. I'll just check and see if anyone wanted to talk to me through the great stone interrupt me as soon as you get back please." 

Now to look at these messages I may as well start with the Gods messages. 

[Unknown]
Good lord the world chat is terrible I mean how can you die on the first day if your troops can't even protect you on that day then you should just give up.

[Unknown]
Oh shut up, I almost fell off a cliff it's probably their own fault for getting cocky and nothing to do with the summons that they got.

[Unkown]
Yeah, this place is crazy so many monsters and what not you never know what's going to happen next.

[Unknown(You)]
You guys should get used to dying. I mean rather than non-replenishable subordinates isn't it better for the replenishable us to die? Then again I guess you can be cowardly and not sacrifice yourself for your subordinates if you wish.

[Unknown]
Why are you trying to be so manly? It's not like they are going to betray you even if you are a coward.

[Unknown(you)]
Manly? Why would one want to be manly? It's conservation of resources it's being economical. Anyway it's not like dying hurts that much, I've already done it once got killed by a wolf whilst cutting down a tree. Nothing manly about it.

[Unknown]
Seems you are a crazy money grubbing guy huh. But how can dying not hurt I mean it's getting cut?

[Unknown(you)]
Adrenaline of course you'll barely notice it cause most deaths will come in fights where you are doing stuff. Yeah I'm money grubbing I mean, if I want my true life to remain I have to be. Only through true strength can we survive. Anyway that's enough chit chatting from me I've got work to do.

[Unknown]
Go be a dumb moneygrubber then. 

I flip the channel over to the world chat and just watch it zoom past for a few seconds. Okay yeah there really is no point in ever going here I think.  I mean what is with this speed. There seriously shouldn't be so many people on it after all it's not like it's 7 billion people lurking in here and with how useless it's being I'm sure most would have stopped coming. 

"Milord I have returned it is time for us to depart." That interruption snapped me right out of that thought chain and that's a good thing I really don't want to get lost in it after all. That reminds me, of what I had forgotten to ask before, which of course is that I need someone to train me so that I can actually be useful to my subordinates. 

"Lets go then, after we are done with work today I think I should ask you to teach me how to properly wield a weapon Dullahan, I mean I definitely need to get stronger in terms of my awareness and ability to fight and such. I mean we are going to end fighting a whole host of monsters in around 6 days after all." I try and say it whilst looking at the Dullahan with my eyes as wide as possible. I mean isn't this how you do puppy dog eyes.

"As you wish, though I do not know if I'll be the best instructor for you milord."

"You simply have to try and if any of the others think they can do better they can always take over later."

"Then I shall try my best when we get to that point milord."

"That is all I can ask now let us go and bring the tree I cut down yesterday back to the base." I turn away from the Dullahan and begin the long treck 

0