Chapter 13
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So this is the tree that you cut down yesterday? It seems you are far weaker than I expected if it took you a whole day to cut this down." The Dullahan says. She then swings her axe into the tree and cleanly cuts off a section of the trunk. "With how fast you are I would have expected you to be stronger than this."

"I can't argue with that evaluation. Since I don't understand what strong is and what weak is like in this place." I swing my axe into the tree at the other end. The strike barely makes a proper scratch into the wood looks like I'm going to take a long time to do this again.

"Did you just make a dent into this tree without putting any energy into your strike?" A sense of pure surprise comes out from the dullahan. As if something just shattered her worldview completely.

"What on Earth do you mean energy?" I say whilst rotating my head to look at the dullahan.

"It seems I was fundamentally misunderstanding the issue, the realm that you came from doesn't have any energy to use to make oneself stronger or even break the laws bestowed upon the lands."

"So how does one train this energy precisely?"

"It depends on the type of energy you'd train, for me when I was alive it came from naturally absorbing the energy of the world through my breathing and using that energy to strengthen my body. Of course killing monsters released some energy but that would generally only give me a surge of strength to a specific level. But now that I am dead well it comes from killing other beings."

"I see so I'll have to find the way to gain energy that best suits me. But at least you can teach me some actual technique so I can use my physical strength properly in a fight."

"I shall take on this duty milord. But I do not think there is much purpose to you continuing to cut this tree down it's just inefficient if you do so. Perhaps you should instead spend your time lifting some weights instead after all without any type of energy to use for this matter you may as well be swinging into a stone with that axe."

"That'd be weak stone if I could cut into it with an axe I think if I did that I'd just blunt the axe head on the stone though?"

"Perhaps you are much stronger now than you were on your old planet from just travelling here."

"I shall trust your analysis of the situation Dullahan but I shan't leave you alone here nor shall I head back alone it's better for the both of us to be here so whilst I'm here I shall continue on with trying to cut at least this one out before you finish."

"Ahahahaha. Getting cocky from just a little praise are we milord." I just smile at the Dullahan and swing down on the wood again starting the angle cutting process. I must get stronger in this world no matter what and there is no point in not starting here!

 


After having cut the tree into small sections the Dullahan picks up the first section of the tree trunk near them and hefts it up onto one of their shoulders before hefting the piece next to it. "Well it seems that you failed though it's indeed quite a good effort to cut a quarter of the way through that singular section of the tree."

"Thank you for the compliment, I must ask you what would you prefer to be called? I mean I can't keep calling you Dullahan after all I'll eventually get another." 

"Milord I am Lady Authpier du Lac. Though you may call me Authos." Lady Authpier bows after introducing herself. "I should have introduced myself before doing anything else this is my mistake milord."

"Authos, it's not your fault, it is nobodies fault. I would not enjoy being told the names of all my followers immediately upon their summon I will not remember them thus it is a waste of time, I will get the names of those whom are immediately helpful to myself and I will need to keep in contact with such as yourself who will be training me in the immediate future or Pelis the current leader of the pixies."

"That is understandable milord, shall I continue calling you as such or do you have something that you'd prefer to be called."

"You may call me Rosen or milord either are acceptable names."

"Then I shall continue to call you as before milord." 

"As you wish Authos. Then shall we head back to the base now." I say as I pick up one of the tree trunk pieces and hold it as comfortably as I can in both arms.

"Milord perhaps you should take two to train your strength I believe you can do it."

"Authos, I do not think I should at least not on the way I would not want to run out of strength on our way back, as well I would prefer to be able to keep one hand empty at certain times."

"As you wish milord though you'll have to do strength training when we have completed this effort."

"I shall after I figure out how many more trees we shall have to cutdown to complete our necessary building efforts."

0