Chapter 14
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Authos, I have to wonder which weapon are you going to be teaching me for the next week or so?" I say after we arrive back at the castle carrying the final parts of the tree. No large creatures had interrupted our journey in the forest much to my surprise and even more surprising it seemed like the one tree was about one part of wood.

"I shall have to have a look through the weaponry that we have to hand first, but some kind of spear or polearm are the most likely choices. But to a certain extent it will depend on the quality of what we have to hand after all we do not want your weapon breaking on a charging beast."

"I shall rely on your decision Authos, after all I have an extreme lack of experience in this area of expertise, especially if we consider the added variables brought about by the systems of this world being different as compared with my world."

"Milord whilst you wait for my return perhaps you can help out with removing that stone from the ground as we shall have to test your physical capabilities as well as try and set up a magical regime for you before we do anything else." I nod at that and turn to look at the work that was ongoing in the moat.

The work was going faster than I had thought it might, it was still equidistant from the castle, the water troll seemed to be trying to lift something on the right hand side but seemingly was unable to get a proper grip on it to do so. I guess that is what the Dullahan had noticed it is a shame that I can't introduce myself properly to the troll but the pixies are flitting around quite annoyingly and I'm sure it won't want it's name to be known to them. However I should definitely help these water creatures out.

The stone is fully uncovered but the troll just seems unable to lift it up out of the moat at this point in time. Perhaps it's too slippery to get it out I mean it looks incredibly smooth even through the murky water and it's shaped like a flat egg or one of those stones that is good for skipping perhaps a giant used it for skipping once. "Do you require assistance getting that out?"

"If you are offering help I shan't refuse it milord though it's only a matter of time before I get this Purification Stone out of the ground." Wasn't that one of the ingredients I'd need if I wanted to create purified water who knew they were so large, well I'm glad that we have stumbled upon one of them but what on Earth is it doing buried under ground here?

"Then shall I stand opposite you and we can try and lift it out and onto the side which has no dirt it can always be moved at a later time since it won't be used as a barricade but is going to be used as material for a building."

"As you wish milord." The troll replies, I slide into the water on the side of the rock opposite to him. I probably should have thought this through further but ahh well I can handle walking around in wet clothing for a while I mean it's a bright day I'll dry off. Probably.

After that realisation and touching the floor of the moat I grasp onto the bottom of the rock. The water in my mouth the troll in the same position. I quickly begin to strain to lift the rock after all I can't hold my breath for too long underwater. The rock quickly begins to come up from it's mound. I shuffle my hands around it to get a better grip on the rock. Bubbles rapidly leaving my mouth as I make sounds at the exertion under the water.

I soon stand up and begin to raise the rock above my head the far larger troll meanwhile is still trying to stand upright I'm honestly surprised it's only dug to this point. As the rock goes above my head I start taking a few steps in towards the small hill the rock was placed upon so as I can get myself more underneath the rock so that I can manoeuvre it more easily. Soon enough the rock is clear of me and I'm standing under it's edge the troll meanwhile is standing with his arms straight out ahead of him.

Now all we have to do is to place the rock on the edge of the moat to the right of me. "Now we shall start moving it towards the edge proper milord." The troll calls out whilst he begins to move the rock slowly I step sideways on the ground and begin to shift the thing to the edge of the moat the thing is surprisingly light or I have gotten far stronger than I originally was.

Soon my arm touches the edge of the moat and I begin sliding my hand towards the side that it's not on whilst shoving the rock. I hope the edge of the moat holds up and the troll does his part as well so it doesn't fall on me or anything. After a few more minutes of manoeuvring from the two of us the rock sits nicely on the dirt. "Thank you for your assistance milord I shall get back to digging out the moat now."

"As you were." I say and then move to pull myself out of the water. I'm glad I pulled someone with the strength of a troll I don't know what I'd have done if I didn't have such a guy around. I mean he's going to be integral to the construction of buildings in a timely manner since there aren't any large domesticated animals around to help shift items such as stones and even to a degree trees though I don't think he'll be that good to far away from the water.

0