Chapter 7
304 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was awakened from the sleep I had fallen into by the boredom of sitting here alone with nothing to do by the system's notifications.

+ 10 souls

Oh my, I didn't expect my wielder to kill something so quickly considering that this should only be the beginning and according to what I remember there shouldn't be any fighting and killing for a few days, but who knows.

+ 11 souls

 

+ 10 souls

Looking at the screen that appeared giving this information I came up with a thought.

Wait a minute, shouldn't I be gaining a few levels altogether with these souls.

However, before I could open my status to check the changes a group of beings appeared some distance from me. Generally they look like elves of various types from typical high elves being tall with pale hair to dark elves with darker skin and black hair. All, however, are dressed in those typical white kimono's that spirits have in the series.

I came closer because I don't really have anything else to do. And I confirm another trait I've only heard about. Compared to them, I feel ugly as fuck.

It seems that by the time I arrived they had split into smaller groups of about five and were quietly talking about something. Of course, the division is based on race and gender, so the female dark elves were in one group, etc. Personally, I would prefer if there were no divisions of this kind, because it would be an ideal opportunity for racist behaviour and destabilisation, but it is better to give them a free hand. After all, I can't lead them on every major issue for ever, can I?

When they spotted me they quickly turned in my direction and bowed.  Why do they... Ah, forced loyalty.

How long are they going to kneel like this? They've been doing it for a few minutes. I understand they are probably waiting for my permission or something.

"Stand up."

After saying this they all stood up and started to say something but by some miracle I don't recognise the language. Why? Then, fortunately, the system comes to my rescue and explains what is going on.

They speak a language known only by the dead. No one alive can learn it. Assimilating this language is a difficult process, so the host must be patient. The higher the level of the host, the faster it will happen.

Ok, I understand. Let me know when it's over.

In the meantime, the spirits have returned to their groupings and are talking to each other, but every now and then they glance in my direction to see what I'm doing.

Not wanting to disturb them and introduce a tense atmosphere I return to my throne and check my status.

name:

Akumu

true name:

Tareal Illitris

souls:

31 (40)

class:

Warrior (4/50)

Str:

13

Vit:

17

Agl:

9

Int:

5

Wis:

5

Quite a jump in stats.

I started to wonder about the amount of souls gained and compared it to the overall overlord storyline I remember.

The levels have a linear increase as I noticed. At level one it was 10, at level two it was 20 and now at level four it's 40, but it's not that from level two to level three I need to gain 20 souls, it's just 10. No matter which level I am at I need 10 souls for the next level. So, in theory, at level forty-nine I would need a total of 490 souls to reach the last level.

I am guessing it will be much more in the better classes.

It doesn't look so bad when it comes to getting them. I got three notifications, so probably my wielder killed three creatures and gave about 10 souls each. The only unknown is how powerful these creatures were. If it was a simple weakling it's great because I'll be getting souls in larger quantities from stronger opponents, but if it was some powerful dragon for example it's not good because it's too little.

All in all, system who is my wielder? I guess after that quake when he or she took me in hand you should know.

Soon a screen appeared in front of me along with a portrait. Evidently a woman with silver hair but that was not what caught my attention.

Apart from the huge tits, the fact that she looks a bit like unohanha yachiru scares me. I'm scared but also looking forward to it. Something like I feel a great desire to fight someone strong, I don't know quite how to describe it but something like that.

Anyway explanations. Born into a middle class family. Who cares. From a young age she was trained to be a soldier. I have a bad feeling about this. She is a paid assassin for a corporation but doesn't really like the job but has no other options. Fucking great. That's what I needed. All I can do is pray to the rng gods or something so she doesn't turn out to be a sick psycho.

16