Chapter 8
299 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Now, it’s time for the ritual of fidelity”

Said Albedo while looking at the sheathed sword by my side with stars in her eyes. I swear, if I didn’t know about her background I would probably consider her mental due to the intensity of her glare at the weapon, but knowing it I can say that she is without a doubt.

Well, you lay in the bed you make or something like that.

Do I regret that we made her into a fanatical ex-general of the guy in the sword? No.

Do I regret making her only loyal to him while her loyalty to me is only by extension? Yes. This makes her unpredictable and everything depends on the entity whose name I don’t even know.

Like, Ulbert! What has gotten into you to make a literal personification of death and nightmares sealed into the sword? I want to go back in time just to smack myself and him in the face. I regret drinking that day before logging in so badly.

The only good thing is that Pero was outvoted from participating in the creation of any npc that wasn’t his sole idea. I can only shudder at what that perv would have done.

“Do you have anything to add?”

Momonga’s voice shook me out of my thoughts. It seems that once again I blanked out to my surroundings while thinking. It’s a very bad habit to have. What if I was attacked during that? Dangerous as hell.

Oh, It seems that Sebas, the head butler came here as well.

Anyway, back on track. I can’t really tell in front of them all that I wasn’t paying attention. I saw that all the guardians are looking at Mare and decided to risk it.

“I fully agree with Mare.”

Saying that guardians are surprised would be an understatement. Momo seem to not mind at all. Just what did I agree with? Thankfully the resident succubus came with a rescue.

“My lady. You think that smearing Nazarick’s wall with dirt and filth is a good idea?”

Oh, I see. Now how do I reason such a think? Time to bullshit.

“We don’t know how strong beings in this world are, so we need to hide in case if they are stronger than us.”

The guardians nod their heads not interrupting me.

“It is a good idea in general, but it has a flaw there is a high chance that a being strong enough to be a threat can fly and that would make this solution useless.”

Demiurge then asks respectfully.

“Then what should we do, my lady?”

I looked seriously at him as if to say some greatest secret and when pressure reached the peak I said.

“Nothing.”

The look on their face is damn funny. Even Momo has his jaw wide open.

“We can’t do anything about it. Nazarick was never meant to be hidden.”

I explained and due to a lack of counter for my logic they didn’t say anything.

“Albedo, tomorrow we will be going to explore the area near the tomb.”

Her eyes lit up brightly like some flashlights. I think she would be good at being a lantern in this state or a light source in general.

“Yes!”

That is her overzealous response to my order. Knowing how smart she is supposed to be, she most likely realised what I mean by that. I mean it's not that hard. Suddenly arriving with that sword, deciding to go tomorrow to hunt and explore nearby. Not to mention the fact that I decided to go out alone where it is very unusual for me to be this reckless.

The only logical conclusion is that the being in that weapon whose name I don’t even know, had woken up already.

While Momonga teleported out using the ring I instead used my racial ability to become unnoticeable. It’s not as good as an invisibility spell, but if I keep quiet and some distance away from the npcs, they shouldn’t be able to notice me.

‘Atsune where are you?’

I heard Momonga’s voice inside my head thanks to telepathy. He instantly realised that I hadn’t teleported along with him.

‘I decided to stay hidden to see their reactions when we are not around.’

As a response to this, I only got ’umu’. I bet he didn’t think about this and is trying to look cool and wise again.

I stood some distance from the guardians to not be noticed, but still close enough to hear them.

“That was so amazing!”

Said Mare while being a cute trap like always.

“Yeah! Such charisma, this posture and tone of master Momonga. Not to even mention lady Shinigami who was just standing menacingly.”

Answered his excited sister Aura who is practically jumping around.

Then our local flashlight-wannabe couldn’t hold herself any longer.

“That’s exactly as you said Mare! Ah, that cold look in the eyes and expressionless face. I keep imagining her sitting on my face when my lord is…”

At this moment every guardian stopped paying attention, because Albedo is well, herself. Also fuck you Ulbert for winning the bet and forcing Tabula to make her into ‘horny on main’ for both me and that guy.

After a few minutes she recovered then proceeded to talk about plans and order them around. Somehow the talk ended up at the topic of children at which both Cocytus along with a shining succubus where fantasizing. The insect boi about being an uncle while she more about the process of procreation that actual children.

When that was happening I decided to leave. I’ve had enough of bullshit and weirdness today. It’s still night anyway so I should go to sleep. Wait, can I even sleep and do I even have to? Let’s find out.

16