Chapter 9
294 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprisingly I can indeed sleep in this form. To be honest it’s not like I felt tired to begin with, but more like I can sleep for as long as I want. Very useful if by chance in the future I will have to spend some time being unable to do anything productive. Like a time skip or something.

Anyway after getting up I went to see Momonga who was playing around with the mirror of remote viewing to let him know that I’m leaving with Albedo as I planned. He was a little grumpy that I’m leaving unprotected and other problems with my decision, but gave me green light anyway.

I spend some time looking for our resident succubus and to my surprise found her actually at the entrance of the tomb waiting for me in her armour and weapon. She wore a her armour, Hermes Trismegistus which consists of helmet that covered her entire head, including her horns, along with a black armour. In spite of this, it fits very closely against her body, which not only makes her feel dangerous but also adds a certain amount of sexiness to her overall appearance. In her hands she holds a battle-axe that is actually a component of armour that she wears.

“My lady, I was waiting here as instructed. My I ask the reason for the sudden need of hunting animals?”

I just smiled at her question. It seems that she doesn’t know that her master is awake. Let’s not let her know for now as she will most likely freak out and it will allow me to troll her a little.

“I want to assess the power level of the being living nearby. It will also help in regard of possible civilized natives.”

She seems to understand what I mean and nods her head knowingly.

“I see.”

After that little exchange we went to the nearby areas. Great Tomb Of Nazarick land on the grasslands, but there is a forest nearby. We went there and started exploring while paying attention to not go too far while hiding our aura and power so that beasts and monsters will see us as easy prey.

We walked around between a trees of different kinds and as I looked I noticed some trials, most likely belonging to beings living in the forest. With that I decided to venture the way that those were leading towards. As we were walking the group of wolves attacked us. The look similar to those I’ve meet before and were easily taken care of. In close combat I am damn strong as hell due to my classes and abilities. Even Touch one said that I’m scary with this build of mine.

After the fight Albedo noticed the souls that tried to run away, but were sucked into the blade and as I predicted started freaking out. Her eyes opened wide and after a few seconds stared yelling.

“Yes! We have waited for so long! Let’s hunt more my lady for him to grow stronger.”

Well, her background is that she is turbo loyal toward him and the funniest part is that we never gave that being in the sword a name. Ulbert said something about ‘death has no need for names’ or other chunni shit of his.

After that we walked around the forest some more during which both I and Albedo took care of a few more beasts like bears, boars and of course wolves. We even found some lizardmen footprints, but decided to not go that far and leave it for later.

During that I also confirmed that even if I’m not the one to land the killing blow the sword will take the soul of the dying being anyway. Seems useful.

I look at the sun to determine the time and saw that it should be somewhere around 3 pm. Then I scanned my surroundings with magic along with my perception and decided that we should get back. We ventured a little too far that anticipated.

It seems that our idea was correct because I’ve got the telepathic message from Momonga that sounded urgent.

‘Atsune, come back you are needed. I’ve found something interesting happening.’

After it I immediately responded. It sounds kind of urgent with him more authoritative tone. He never admits it, but when serious he starts talking with more official and commanding tone. That’s one of the reasons why he was chosen as guild leader.

If it’s nothing urgent I’m going to get myself drunk if possible. I deserve some fucking relax.

Although it’s not something I do often I like to sometimes get myself drunk to forget about problems, stress and other things. It’s not that I like alcohol in general, but it helps relax. Well, if you don’t know if your next day is going to be your last it becomes a habit at some point and you no longer care.

We got back to Nazarick and went parted while I immediately went to Momonga’s office after checking his location.

After opening the door and getting in I saw the skeleton at the same spot I saw him before leaving the Tomb. He watched the mirror before looking at me and said.

“Oh you are back. There is a village under attack and think it will be a good opportunity to assess the power level of those living in this world.”

I shrugged at his proposal. I have nothing to add to this and it actually seems like some good opportunity to add more souls to the sword.

“Sure, why not.”

After hearing my response he turned to Sebas whom I didn’t notice due to how silent he is and said.

“Tell Albedo to meet us there.”

And without waiting for a response he opened up a gate. It is one of the spells that generally mages can cast. Unfortunately as I am not a caster I cannot use it. It is very amazing spell to be honest for purse utility and travel.

Oh well, with that in mind I entered the portal after the guild master.

 

15