Chapter 10
295 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes because of the sudden notification from the system. It seems I’ve slept for some time thou. Good to know.

I look at the screens that appear one on top of another right in front of me.

+ 12 souls

+ 9 souls

 

Damn. That’s a lot of souls.

Let’s see what my status looks like then. Maybe I have got a good amount of levels from that.

name:

Akumu

true name:

Tareal Illitris

souls:

121 (130)

class:

Warrior (13/50)

Str:

31

Vit:

44

Agl:

18

Int:

5

Wis:

5

 

Amazing increase to be honest. The stronger I am, the less dangerous this world will be for me and by extension my wielder. If I remember correctly this world is basically a playground for a max levelled players, but I’m not sure if she is one of them and if she is not an enemy of Ainz. If she is, it would be a problem because that guy is strong.

But what made me a little surprised was that I did not get any skill or ability. Normally in games you get one after a few levels, but here I got nothing. I mean I know it’s different, but well the system looks like some classic rpg to me.

Host will not get any abilities from the system

Eh. Why?

System doesn’t want the host to become over reliant. Levels give host stats and knowledge and instincts on the subjects about the class. Host has to create his own skills as well as abilities. For example mage class give user the possibility to feel mana, that sense gets better with each level. But it depends on host to shape it correctly in order to cast spells.

I see. It’s both good and bad. Bad because I wont be able to get power easily but good because it makes me more free from the constraints of the system and at the same time allows me to actually gets some actual knowledge and expertise on the subject.

What do I get as a warrior then?

The host gets some amount of talent in a matter of wielding weapons, close combat and a little bit of tactics.

Seems very useful.

I noticed that spirits started doing something. I can’t really see what but they seem excited about something. I might check it out.

After getting close what I saw was shocking. The ghosts now had some small constructs in their hands like daggers, balls and many more. Those items looked ethereal, partly transparent.

Once they noticed me a few of them came closer to me and started showing off their new things. Seriously, is seems they have gotten rid of that weird fear they had towards me. I have no idea how, but I’m not going to complain. Of course I cannot understand even a single word from the language they are using while speaking to me and after a few seconds they remembered that fact.

They showed me how one of them puts their hand into their chest and after a few seconds pulls out a semi-transparent tanto. She didn’t do anything else and just looked at me.

Let’s try, I reach my hand into my chest and somehow I feel it getting inside without a problem. There is nothing there, at least I can’t feel anything so let’s try imagining it. I imagined a longsword, but instantly I felt that it’s too much. So it’s not that I get something from inside me, but more like create it basing on some kind of energy. If longsword is too much then how about a short one. The feeling stopped, I grabbed something inside my chest and pulled it out.

In my hand I saw an ethereal short sword. It lacks any details, engravings, weights nothing and looks plain, but without a doubt can cut.

Other than that I feel empty. As if a big part of me was taken away and at the same time I can notice it regenerating slowly. It must be the energy that made that construct.

Then I got a sudden idea and held my sword so that I pointed at one of the ghosts holding some dagger. He instantly gets what I mean, comes to a good position and takes a stand.

With a deep breath, I made the first move, lunging forward to strike at the ghost. Our blades clashed, producing an eerie chiming sound as they met. The impact was strange, like slicing through smoke. The ghost defended itself with surprising agility, parrying my attacks and launching counterattacks of its own. Looking at his reaction it seems that it’s weightless only for me.

The spirits that had initially talked among each other gathered around to watch, their expressions a mixture of curiosity and encouragement. There is nothing to marvel we are just two amateurs having a spar, but it seems it means a lot for them.

As I exchanged blows with the ghost, I began to adapt to the unique dynamics of this type of combat. It wasn't about brute strength but finesse and timing. I realized that these ethereal constructs responded to my will, almost like an extension of my thoughts. It was as if the sword became a part of me, moving with precision as I envisioned each strike.

Notable fact is that I don’t get tired. It seems logical sine we don’t have bodies, but that means a lot. Potentially I can battle endlessly.

I experimented with feints, thrusts, and spins, gradually gaining the upper hand in the sparring match. The ghost, recognizing my progress, fought with even more determination.

 

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of ethereal combat, I executed a swift and well-timed strike. My sword passed through the ghost's defence, touching its translucent form almost cutting him. The other spirits erupted in cheers, acknowledging my victory.

+ 12 souls

 

+ 15 souls

 

+ 13 souls

The notifications started appearing right after the end of the fight. I began to slightly worry about it because there are a lot of them.

What the hell is going on?!

14