Chapter 11
298 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other side of the gate, we saw a peculiar scene. Inside what appears to be a small forest a group of some knights tries to kill two children. Looking at them I think they are siblings since they look similar. Attentive thing is how the older one despite the wound on her back is shielding her smaller sister from the enemies.

Of course, all of them stand still looking at us because entering with a big portal is not a subtle way of transportation.

All of their gazes are filled with fear. Girls are looking at Momonga scared of the big skeleton in robes while the knights seem to be more terrified of me.

I mean, if I remember correctly then spiritual beings like me can only be seen by some decent mages and even then you will be able to see only a blurry figure. The other thing is that the stronger the ghost the easier it is to see it. So looking at the fact that they obviously don’t seem to be mages and can see me as if I had a physical body in front of them doesn’t bode well for them.

In the end, they actually made a decently smart move. One of them started running away while the other two got ready to attack us as soon as possible to not give us any time. They know well that they are going to die here horribly, but still show some courage.

I first I thought they were some kind of bandits with decent-looking equipment, but now I’m not so sure anymore.

Without waiting Momo used a ‘grasp heart’ and killed one of them by crushing the heart of an enemy. This spell looks way better now than it did in the game.

Without waiting I used my speed to appear before the second one and slashed him in one swift motion. His body broke into two separate parts bursting with a fountain of blood which doesn’t splatter on my body or clothing. It just passes through which is very damn weird. I can interact with matter without a problem, but blood doesn’t touch my body.

The girls started screaming while the older one quickly covered her sister’s eyes. They honestly look terrified because of what we did to those two. I don’t really care about them, I’m way more interested in the soul entering the sword.

Since there were two here, it means that there are way more of them in the village right?

“Momo, I’m going first!”

Without even waiting for a response I run in the direction of the village. I think I saw Albedo in her armour walking out of the portal.

It’s the first time I am actually running in this body. Before there were only some short bursts during fights, but now is the first time I’m actually doing a long run. It’s an amazing feeling as if the world around me is going in slow motion, honestly, I have no idea how fast I am but without a doubt fast as fuck.

I wonder how it looked for them, maybe like a teleportation, disappearing suddenly.

After running for around a minute during which I went full sprint and of course, no visible tiredness I reached a village. I started hearing screams and smelled blood.

It was a small place, barely a few hundred citizens with no defences and houses made out of basic resources like wood and straw. But what mattered was that they were burning and I could see some bodies lying around the vicinity.

I ran deeper into the settlement and noticed those knights chasing after and attacking the villagers. They didn’t care whether they were men, women or children. I began to think that they were mind-controlled, but it was proven otherwise. A few of them noticed me and as expected from that sort of person they began to get excited because the beautiful woman showed herself.

That quickly ended once I appeared near one of them and cut his head off. Looking at the clear lack of response of my being from all the blood, dirt and all they most likely figured out that I am a spiritual being and got scared.

“A ghost! She is a ghost, run!”

One of them started to yell while running away from me. How dares he call me a mere ghost. Well, I don’t really care but I’m way higher in hierarchy than them. His desperate tries of running didn’t help him since he was so weak and slow. It actually ended up being good for me because they decided to group up while running away so using that I ran up to them and started swinging the sword. One lost his arm, another was cut in half, and a few lost their heads not to mention the good old slash on a chest that ended them. To sum it all it was fast, boring and easy. The first one actually survived and started begging for mercy, but bled out shortly after.

Then I ran around killed the rest of the attackers and rescued some villagers here and there. The village chief seems to be someone knowledgeable. He decided to gather everyone, treat injured and all. That was a more intelligent idea than I would expect from someone like him.

“You seem to be enjoying yourself.”

It was said by Momonga who went up to me along with Albedo.

She wore her armour, Hermes Trismegistus which consisted of a helmet that covered her entire head, including her horns, along with black armour. In spite of this, it fits very closely against her body, which not only makes her feel dangerous but also adds a certain amount of sexiness to her overall appearance. On the other hand, she is armed with a battle-axe that is actually a component of the suit of armour that she wears.

‘As befits a succubus.’

People got tense due to the skeleton appearing nearby most likely thinking that he is a monster.

“What are your plans now?”

He asked me what seemed to be a genuine question. He most likely didn’t think of that, did he? I shouldn’t actually comment on that because.

“I have no fucking idea.”

13