5 of 5: Turtle
233 6 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quindy starts sitting down to pee right away, as Dr. Kerr said. Fae also starts anxiously examining faerself every time fae takes a bath, to see how the changes are progressing. Thursday, Vincent tells them that he’s decided he likes Jack better than his old name or any of the other ones his parents or Skynet suggested, so he’s going by that now.

Not much has changed yet with Quindy’s body when Stella comes over to visit the following weekend. She’s full of questions that Quindy doesn’t feel like answering.

“Yeah, I’m going by Quindy now,” fae says, taking the easiest question and hoping Stella will forget about the hard, embarrassing questions. “I asked Zoe for a big list of all the names beringer go by and I liked that one best.”

“Quindy is a pretty name,” Stella says, and Quindy feels warm and fuzzy. “And you started your body changing at the doctor’s office a few days ago?”

“Yeah, not much is happening yet. The doctor said it would take a few weeks to finish.”

“Do you want to start wearing different clothes?”

“I haven’t really thought about it?” Quindy remembers the tight white pants and a loose black shirt that Mx. Herschel wore when fae came to visit. “I figure I can keep wearing whatever I want. But maybe I’ll wear tighter pants sometimes when I don’t have anything for them to pinch.”

“You’ll probably want different underwear and a new swimsuit to fit your new shape.”

“Yeah, that makes sense. I guess Daddy will buy me some when I’ve finished changing?”

“Sure thing, Quindy,” Daddy says. “A month from now should be about right. You’ll be more or less finished changing, and Stella will be visiting again and can help us shop for things.”

That sounds like a boring way to spend a day when Stella is visiting, but Quindy supposes it’s necessary.

After a few more prying questions from Stella that Quindy deflects, they play Evacuation! until Daddy has finished his overflow of work and says he’s ready to go. They go uptown to the science museum, which Quindy hasn’t been to in a couple of years. They’ve got an arthropod zoo now, with lots of cool little critters in little terrariums, and a new mosasaur skull, and lots of other neat stuff.

After they eat lunch and go home, and play Against the Darkness for an hour to let their food settle, they go swimming in the apartment complex pool. There’s more kids and grown-ups swimming today, but after the crowds at the water park, Quindy doesn’t mind. And fae happily thinks that in a few weeks, fae won’t need the swimsuit top. Maybe fae will be wearing a skintight swimsuit bottom like Stella, too. That would be nice. Although maybe Daddy will want faer to keep wearing this swimsuit until fae grows out of it.

Daddy and Quindy’s apartment isn’t as big as Mommy and Stella’s townhouse, so when Stella comes to visit she sleeps in Quindy’s bed, which is big enough for both of them. Daddy was talking about buying a sofa bed for her to sleep on when they’re older; they’ll soon be too old to sleep together like they are already too old to bathe together, but he doesn’t say anything about it tonight. Quindy and Stella take turns changing into their pajamas in the bathroom and lie down. They talk about the neat stuff they saw at the science museum until they get sleepy and first Stella, then Quindy drop off to sleep.


Sunday morning, they all go for a walk to a small park a few blocks from Daddy and Quindy’s apartment. They they play games for a few hours until it’s time to fix supper. Daddy lets Stella and Quindy help get stuff ready for cooking, like washing the vegetables, though he doesn’t let them chop stuff or work on the stove just yet. Mommy arrives when the soup is almost done.

“Hey, Quindy,” she says. “I hear you’ve got a new name and pronouns.”

“Yeah,” fae says shyly. “I hope you like them.”

“I love you, so of course I’ll love your name. It’s sweet and lovable like you.”

They hug, and then Daddy and Stella are bringing the bowls of soup to the table, and they all sit down and eat.

“So you got the shot to start changing your body on Tuesday?” Mommy asks.

“Yeah. Nothing’s really changed yet, though.”

“It won’t take long. I bet you were really brave when they gave you the shot.”

Quindy nods uncertainly, and Daddy confirms Mommy’s supposition.

“Want to know a secret?” Mommy says, theatrically whispering toward Quindy and Stella with her hand between her mouth and Daddy. Daddy rolls his eyes.

“What?” Quindy asks.

“When your daddy got the shot to make him into a parr, he yelped like a teacup terrier.”

Quindy and Stella giggle.


A couple of days later, peeing gets messy enough to justify sitting down. And over the next few days, Quindy notices faer nipples and aureoles fading away into faer background skin color. The little puffy mounds behind the fading nipples gradually shrink until they’re level with the rest of faer chest, which is putting on a thin but noticeable layer of subcutaneous fat, but it takes longer for faer vulva to fully form and kind of swallow up faer shrinking penis. But the more the changes progress, the better fae feels about it. This was the right choice.

By the time Stella comes to visit again, the changes are pretty much complete. Daddy, Stella and Quindy go out shopping, and Daddy buys Stella a couple of things too, although the trip is mostly to get new underwear and a new swimsuit for Quindy, and some new pants, too. Some but not all of Quindy’s pants and shorts have been getting a little tight in the hips.

Daddy gets one of the store employees to measure Quindy around the hips and and down the leg, and then they find a couple of packages of girl/beringer type panties of the right size. The swimsuit takes a little longer to find. Quindy wants a plain red one like the red boy swimsuit fae’s been wearing, but they don’t seem to have any in stock; the only solid colors they have are green and yellow, and the only red ones are kind of a rusty color or a light red that’s almost pink, with different patterns on them. Quindy finally decides on the solid green one.

Pants take the longest time of all. Quindy tries on a bunch of pants and shorts that look nice and are supposedly the right size but are too tight, too loose, too long or too short before finding a week’s worth that fit right. Then when fae thinks they’re about ready to go, Stella asks, “Do you want to try on some skirts or dresses too?”

Quindy is about to say no, but fae thinks about it for a minute instead. Then fae says, “I don’t think I want to wear any, but I’ll try one on and see how I feel in it.”

“Good lefevre!” Stella says, and Daddy smiles. “All right, the skirts are over there...”

Daddy mostly just hangs out and watches while Stella and Quindy go through a rack of child-size skirts. After a few minutes they find a neat one with cartoon lizards, snakes, turtles and alligators printed on a white background. “I like this one,” Quindy announces. “At least to look at,” fae amends. “I’ll see in a minute if I like wearing it.”

“All right, let’s head back to the changing rooms,” Daddy says.

Quindy goes in the little room with the skirt, takes off faer pants, steps into the skirt and pulls it up to faer waist. It comes down to about mid-calf. Fae looks at faerself in the mirror. Fae likes the way it looks, but does it feel right? Fae isn’t sure. There’s a cute little turtle just below fae’s waist on the left that seems to be looking faer in the eyes through the mirror, saying, “Give it a try.”

Fae steps out of the waiting room. “Just one skirt,” fae says. “I’ll wear it a couple of times at home and make sure I like wearing it for hours before I wear it to school, and if I still like it after that I guess we can buy some more.”

“Yay!” Stella cheers.

“Well, if that’s the only skirt you want, I think we’re done here for now,” Daddy says. “Let’s get something to eat and go home.”

After Daddy pays for all the clothes, they go by a diner on the way home and eat burgers and fries and milkshakes. After they get home, Stella encourages Quindy to change into faer new reptile skirt, and fae agrees, also changing into a new pair of panties at the same time. Fae wears the skirt until bedtime. The longer fae wears it, the more comfortable fae gets in it.

When Mommy comes over to pick up Stella on Sunday evening, Stella tells her about the skirt, and she asks Quindy to show her, so Quindy gets it out of the dirty clothes hamper and changes into it again. “Oh, that’s really cute!” she says. “I like the little turtles especially.”

“I like the turtles best too,” Quindy says.

After supper, Mommy and Stella go home, and Quindy changes into faer pajamas. Fae is feeling good about faer new body and faer new clothes and faer new name. Maybe fae will want a different body eventually, like Daddy or Hadley, but fae feels like this will be good for a long time.

 

This week's recommendation is Lost Splendor by Felix Yusupov, an autobiography of a Russian noble who played a crucial role in the conspiracy to kill Rasputin.  Some scholars think she was a trans woman, others that he was a crossdresser; read and judge for yourself, but I found it a fascinating read either way, though it was sad how her family browbeat her out of dressing as a girl.

My 219,000-word short fiction collection, The Weight of Silence and Other Stories is available from Smashwords in epub format and Amazon in Kindle format. (Smashwords pays its authors 80% royalties, vs 70% or less at Amazon.)

You can find my other ebook novels and short fiction collection here:

17