9. Losing Self
3.6k 3 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you think?" Zain asked, handing two black daggers to Leila that had intrinsic runes engraved on the blade, giving them a majestic aura.

[Black Rose]

[Description: Two majestic daggers that hold the power of amplification. It can be used to amplify damage, magic power, and the user by 15% as long as the user has enough mana.]

[Limitation: The amplification percentage may decrease or increase depending on the user’s skill, strength, and aptitude. Amplification percentage is divided between damage, magic power, and the user.]

Going through the description, Leila couldn’t help but frown, revealing a slightly dissatisfied smile at the dagger’s description.

"It’s not bad, but there were definitely better ones than this. Why did you choose this one when this seems to be one of the weaker ones?" Leila reached out her hand to Zain, trying to return Black Rose to him, but Zain didn’t take it.

"For a beautiful woman, I’m surprised how dense you are, but it’s expected. You’re just a child who has recently stopped receiving breast milk from your mother. It’s not surprising that you are ignorant of many things." He raised his hand, reaching for her. "Let me show you something only we demons have that no one could ever possess. Something unique to demon royalty."

Leila's face turned red, but she didn’t resist. A feeling in her heart told her that this would benefit her. It told her not to let this opportunity be lost.

"Close your eyes."

She closed her eyes as Zain placed his index and middle fingers on her eyelids. A pink light shrouded his finger, contrasting the white light from before, but strangely enough, the pink light possessed a stronger aura. The pink light entered her eyes, disappearing as a change occurred in her eyes. Strangely enough, she could see clearly even when her eyes were closed.

After the sensation disappeared, he removed his hand. "Open your eyes and check the weapon’s description again. I’m sure you’ll be surprised."

She opened her eyes and followed his instructions. The blue screen that she was used to was no more. It was replaced by a pitch-black screen, as if demonic blood had corrupted the system.

[Black Rose]

[Description: Two ancient demonic artifacts that hold the power of amplification and the soul; It can be used to amplify physical and soul damage, magic power, and the user by 75% as long as the user has enough mana.]

[Limitation: The amplification percentage may decrease or increase depending on the user’s skill and aptitude. Only accessible to demon nobility.]

[Soul Bound: Leila, Princess of Demons]

"This? How can this be? How hasn’t this been discovered yet and destroyed?" Leila’s eyes widened in surprise, seeing a weapon she would have never expected to be on the human continent, especially with it being in the academy.

Humans and demons simply couldn’t coexist peacefully. If a demon was found, they would be killed on sight without any hesitation. Demons didn’t kill on sight like humans, but they captured them and would use them for their own needs, pleasure, or to turn them into demon slaves.

If a human discovered anything that held demonic energy, whether it be an herb, weapon, or creature, it would be immediately destroyed to erase the evil from this world. However, she found a demonic weapon inside the academy that was built for the sole purpose of raising powerful mages and swordsmen to protect this world. How could they allow a demonic artifact to be here?

"How-" Before she could speak another word, Zain silenced her with his finger.

"Do you think humans as weak as the ones in this academy are capable of seeing through this artifact? These daggers are not weaker than the hero’s weapon, the Divine Sword of Light. How could someone who hadn’t reached the peak of their own race see its true form and power?"

"Can you stop treating me like a child? It’s true that I’m ignorant, but I’m not a child. How could I know this much about demons and divine artifacts like you do? I wasn’t born into an aristocratic family but into a poor one. I’ve only recently become a hero, only to become a demon princess after entering the academy, but you expect me to have as much knowledge as you do?" Leila vented her emotions. She had gone through a lot in such a short amount of time. For an ordinary person, they might’ve gone crazy, but she was still sane, though upset.

Who wouldn’t be upset when one was given a chance to become a hero that represented purity and light as someone coming from a poor family only to awaken one day as the demon princess, the daughter of the demon queen, a young, beautiful Succubus? Her life, which should’ve turned out for the best, turned out for the worst.

She didn’t realize when tears started trickling down her cheeks, turning her eyes red. She was in an emotional state where her emotions wouldn’t stop overflowing. She didn’t care about showing her emotional side to Zain. It wasn’t like he would care if she did or not. Or did he? There were times that he acted like he cared, and other times he didn’t. She couldn’t read him, while she wasn’t far from an open book.

"Do you know that crying just adds to how cute you are?" He embraced her, letting her use his strong shoulder to cry on. This time, he didn’t give her a chance to move away. He wanted to care for her and make her feel safe.

"Can you stop? Why do you have to bully me so much? I’m not a girl. I’m not your woman. Why do you treat me this way?"

"Because-" Zain fell silent. He didn’t know why he didn’t simply kill Leila. Why change bodies? Why force her to be his slave? He had no true answer for this. He could say he did this because she’s cute or that it was because he wanted to trample on her innocence, but that wasn’t the reason. "To be honest, I don’t know."

"You don’t know? Is that your only answer?" Leila looked up at Zain, her saddened, teary red eyes sparkling from the sunlight. "You did all of this for no reason? You’ve ruined my everything just because you... don’t... know?"

"I…" He was at a loss for words. In her violet eyes, he saw her disbelief and sadness at his answer. This was the first time he had slightly regretted one of his actions, but his regret didn’t last long. Leila was still his and would be for eternity. She was only acting this way because of his answer and her emotional state.

"After giving such an answer, you’re at a loss for words. You ruined my life for no reason other than it being in your own interest. How could you not be a demon, someone evil who didn’t take others feelings into account?" She clenched Black Rose tightly in anger, causing her fist to bleed. She couldn’t understand Zain! He didn’t care about her or her situation.

He might’ve been a human now, but he was no different from an evil demon in human skin. His soul and heart were still those of a demon. There was no way he could understand humans, as he could never be one. A demon’s desire and interests were the only things that demons cared about. The only reason he showed the slightest hint of regret was because the small human side he had inherited had taken over.

"Calm down… You may hate this, but you should be assured that I’ll take responsibility for my actions. I’ll take care of you." He responded. "Aren’t you happy? You’re free from the heavy responsibility of being the hero and could live as my wife. You don’t have to worry about the affairs of humans or demons. Calm down, and I’ll teach you how to wield Black Rose."

Leila didn’t speak a word and placed her face into his chest, venting her emotions and soaking his clothes. But this wasn’t her main purpose; she was using this as a cover for...

"Die!" She thrust Black Rose forward with her entire strength, not daring to hold back against an enemy that was clearly stronger in every way. Her emotional state had fallen out of control. She was no longer in control of her body. She wanted to kill him.

Her dagger passed straight through Zain’s stomach. However, it was at that time that she realized something wasn’t right! Even when her dagger passed through his abdomen, she didn’t feel any resistance. There also wasn’t a droplet of blood. It was as if her dagger had passed through empty air.

The Zain who stood before her disappeared, turning into smoke, as the real Zain appeared behind her, facing her with a saddened smile. She had secretly attacked him. If it weren’t for his strength and speed being greater than hers, he might’ve died if not been severely injured. He wouldn’t let this go without punishing her for her betrayal.

At the same time, her face went pale as she felt the intense heat spread throughout her body, forcing her to her knees as she panted heavily. Her face was bright red, and her demon crest glowed a bright pink through her clothing.

Even after losing her strength from the effects of the crest, she didn’t give up. She struggled to stand as her legs could barely hold her body, but she went for another attack.

"Too slow."

Again, her attack missed, striking empty air. The demon crest’s effects increased, causing her bodily fluids to start trickling down her leg. Her body was incredibly sensitive, but that didn’t stop her. She rose to her feet again and went for a third attack.

"Even though you aren’t in control of your body, you’re still conscious. I’ll use this time to make you more accustomed to your body and unlock your latent talent for the dagger."

Leila couldn't understand Zain's words, as she wasn’t in the right mind. His words only added fuel to the fire, increasing her anger as she went for another attack.

Her mind had one purpose, and that was to kill Zain. Anything else didn’t matter as long as she killed him. She could be imprisoned and executed for killing the hero, but none of that mattered anymore. For someone who hated demons, she wasn’t far from one for ignoring everything else. In Zain’s eyes, she was perfectly fit for a demon.

Here’s a link to my discord for this novel and novels I may create in the future. On there, you can see the character visuals of all my novels:  https://discord.gg/MJXqaWkV9d

55