Chapter 23 I Need not your Faith
57 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ledley is dead," Rico said, gazing out at the ocean from the hall lost in thought. "So many things have happened."

In a daze, he heard Ledley’s weird and funny voice again, chanting his name in front of the temple gate.

Outside the temple, all heard the last words of Ledley, declaring to all the Sanye people that Yesel, would be the king of wisdom in the second generation of the Kingdom of Hiinsa. The moment Yesel put on the crown of wisdom, all the Sanye people knew what was going on in the temple. The old king had passed away, and the new king was crowned.

Rico cast his gaze over, looking at the people surrounding the two sarcophagi crying about their unknown destiny, for they were the descendants of the sinners, and he said lightly.

"So noisy. Shush!"

After saying the word, he saw a force directly acting on the bodies of these people, affecting their blood from its original. The crying stopped abruptly, and they could no longer make a sound. They were even terrified to find that their bodies had also changed - the vocal organs disappeared completely, the hard shell began to soften, and two tentacles grew on their heads. Compared to people, they were more like a bug or a soft shell shrimp. They could only kowtow towards the temple, praying for forgiveness from the gods.

Everything stopped, and they became a species different from ordinary Sanye - a species more suitable for living in the sea than on land. They were punished by God and deprived of the right to speak. They would not be able to set foot on land in the future and could only inhabit the deep sea.

Rico turned to Ledley and addressed Yesel, the second-generation king of wisdom with a stern gaze. "It is time for you to go, Yesel. Take your people from the Divine City to the mainland and build your own kingdom there. Let this be the last time we see each other."

That voice, like Ledley power of kingship, was directly imprinted in the minds of all Sanye people.

This voice had even erased the memory of the location of the Divine City from the minds of all people, making everyone suddenly unable to remember its name. Once they left, they would never find their way back.

With Ledley passing, Rico completely lost interest in the establishment of this kingdom and didn't want to pay attention anymore.

Yesel looked at God in panic, wondering what had cause this.

"Great God?"

"Why is this? Did we do something wrong?" asked Yesel.

Rico stepped off the stage and looked at everything Ledley had made for him, his voice echoing in the hall, empty and indifferent, no longer displaying the tolerance he had for Ledley.

"Yesel!" he called out.

"Everything I give you is only because you are the descendants of Ledley, not because of yourselves."

He paused: "He is my eldest son."

"You are not."

"This is the Divine land I gave to Ledley. It is a paradise for me and him, not for you."

Yesel knelt forward and crawled in front of Rico, hastily speaking, even exclaiming and begging God not to do this.

"God! Don't you need us anymore? We are devout believers who believe in you and are the first life you created!"

Rico let out a chuckle. "Without God, you can survive just as well. Everything is the same as usual, just don't bother me again. I don't need your worship, let alone your faith."

At last, the aloft God uttered words that Yesel would never forget, like a roaring bell echoing in his mind.

"It is your business to believe in me, not mine."

Yesel walked down from the pyramid like a lost soul, and suddenly what his father had said not long ago echoed in his ears.

"The road to becoming a king is more than just gaining power. It's also about losing."

The agreement between God and the King of Wisdom only existed between God and Ledley and ended with his passing.

God's love only existed to the first king of wisdom, Ledley, the eldest son of God was only him, not other Sanyes.

Yesel summoned all the people of the Divine City and announced his decision to leave with everyone.

"I am your new king," he declared. "Yesel, the Wisdom King of the Kingdom of Hiinsa. I have inherited the power and ideals of my father's the last King of Wisdom and am the heir to his will."

"We will go to the motherland and build a new Divine City. We will follow in the footsteps of the King of Wisdom and God and create a future that belongs to us on the other side of the sea, the great place of origin."

Yesel finished speaking, and all the Sanye people below knelt on the ground in despair, thousands weeping together.

As they mourned the loss of their king and the apparent abandonment by the gods, a heavy sense of despair weighed upon the people. But Yesel knew he had to bring a glimmer of hope to his people. Stepping off the platform, he made his way into the crowd, lifting up the downtrodden and looking deep into their eyes.

"Listen to me," he said softly, his voice filled with both sadness and determination. "God has not abandoned us. We still have a place of origin, a land promised to us. There, we will find boundless space and a vast coastline to breed our life stock's. Our language, our wisdom, and the gifts bestowed upon us by God are still with us. Though we must leave now, we will return one day, forgiven and with renewed strength. Let us go to the other side of the sea and build a brighter future, one where we honor our past and look forward with hope."

By the sea, tens of thousands of Sanye people left their homes and went deep into the ocean, accompanied by their wisdom and power to control the dense population of ancestor fish, Toothless. They would arrive at Yesel City first, and then set off from there under the sea, towards the legendary place of origin promised by the gods. No one noticed the small group of Sanye who had been banished to the deep sea, the descendants of Ens and Bune. They were called the people abandoned by the gods. They could no longer speak and could not use the words of God for eternity. Tentacles grew on their heads, and they communicated by touching them. In the deep sea, they multiplied and formed another branch of the Sanye people.

'The Hymn of the King of Wisdom Ledley': 'The Final Chapter'

The early king of wisdom ended his glorious and illustrious life in front of God due to the betrayal of his son and the death of his queen. He passed the throne to his youngest son, Yesel, along with his vows and agreements with the gods. However, the gods were furious by Ledley’s death and disappointed by Sanyeren's crime of betrayal and murder. God took back his promised land, and all the people were driven out of the land. The gods erased the location and memory of the Divine land in their minds so that they would never be able to return to the paradise that was promised to them. Even if they were to reach the Divine land, they could only linger on the sea forever and could not enter the shores of the island.

Click Here

Up to chapter 32 on Patreon!! 

0