Chapter 47 – Act 3!
255 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–––––––––––––––

PART 1 – Blizzard Guild Conversation!

–––––––––––––––

In a large guest room, Harand was with 2 of his children and his right hand. - “What do you think of Roxana?” - Harand asked as he crossed his legs and fingers.

She is selfish and greedy! She has no loyalty to the nation and certainly wants to rebel against the royal family!” - Said his eldest son, Peter Boulfim.

I agree with Peter, Roxana grew strong too quickly and was blinded by talent and arrogance, maybe one of those women around her did something, you know how easily swayed children are.” - Said Fadir Moostrad, Harand's right arm.

His second son, Uldir Boulfim kept quiet, but it was obvious that he agreed with the previous two.

We don't know much about her relationships, but leaving the likelihood that she's being manipulated, we have to think of a way to get her on our side. A very talented young lady whose strength has already surpassed mine, she is very close to Rank S!” - Said Harand, which shocked them.

I know that she is strong from her fight against the Zhuge family's child, but that doesn't make sense!” - Fadir said, frowning in astonishment.

The place was silent for a while, until suddenly Uldir spoke. - “Father… what if your current strength has something to do with the things that Rank A and above monsters are leaving?”

What do you speculate?” - Harand was curious.

Roxana while giving her apologies, spoke vaguely about these boxes that monsters drop when they die, even showed some plans that would be national secrets and that many nations would fight wars to obtain, I believe she wants to tell us something about that and maybe … have something in those boxes that can increase our forces.” - Uldir said calmly.

That would explain why the Royal Family is even more desperate after these things. That would also explain the changes in Renner!” - Said Harand with a cold look looking in one direction, through the magic, he could feel the presence of his son.

I was also amazed that young Renner has grown so much, the last time I saw him, he barely qualified as Rank B, but now, I believe even I would have a hard time facing him.” - Fadir said calmly.

Isn't that all, the girl with the green eyes, Mayara your name?” - Harand thought and Fadir said. - “Daughter of the Florvan family!”

That same one, I did my research on her and the others around her before the catastrophe, as far as I know, she was pretty average, but if you noticed, she has large amounts of Mana and along with that, I feel the power of the Spirits in her and not a low-level one.” - Said Harand narrowing his eyes.

There's that girl with golden hair, not the bard, but the swordswoman, I don't remember information about her having a Paladin as a woman, not to mention that the holy power exhaled by her is one of the greatest I've ever seen and I studied in one of the Major Monasteries of the Temple of Light, even the greatest Paladins or the Bishop himself could not match!” - Said Peter swallowing his saliva.

Harand had a cold look and then he waved his hand and something was there, one of the boxes dropped by the monsters, he's been collecting a lot of these lately, he collected several dozen, he opened a few at first but since the Royal order, he didn't also this.

"What are you going to do?" - asked Peter curiously.

“… let's wait, I need to talk to her and know her plans, if she's being manipulated or not because she's young, or if she's just a coward, we'll find out tomorrow and… Killer Frost will act after we make our decision!” - Said Harand who then waved his hand, insinuating that they could leave.

–––––––––––––––

PART 2 – Talk with the Father-in-law!

–––––––––––––––

The next morning!

"A Lion with a Purple Mane, these are rare, but it doesn't look like this one has fully matured." -Said Harand with his arms behind his back as he looked at Roxana interacting with the puppies.

I was lucky, I almost killed the adults.” - Said Roxana laughing bitterly and pushing these giant puppies away!

Roxana, I'll be frank with you! If you refuse to help the nation, I will have to revoke everything you have achieved so far, that is the authority I have!” - Harand said with sharp eyes, Roxana stopped and looked at him.

You know I won't allow that.” - Roxana said calmly and getting closer, both can feel each other's strength and Harand knows that his chances of losing are high, his only chance of victory would be to drag out the battle until Roxana runs out of strength.

But the problem is the beginning, the explosion of power of a Berserker is too much to handle, even more being of the same Rank of power, not to mention that Roxana has attributes superior to hers, this already puts her at a great disadvantage in a direct confrontation .

"You are afraid?" - Harand asked as he turned around and started walking, Roxana looked at him and then followed him, laughed and said. - "No!"

So why limit yourself here? Help the nation and you will receive great positions!” - Said Harand seriously.

Father-in-law, have you ever played an RPG game?” - Asked Roxana sighing lightly, Harand frowned and said. - "No, but I've heard of it."

In a game there is the Level System, something like what we have, we can't see it, but whenever we kill enough enemies, we feel our form suffers from a very significant boost, especially in advancing our heritages.” - Roxana said and Harand nodded.

"And in RPGs there's something called a kill bounty, strong monsters leave behind treasure chests with all kinds of bounties, this was seen before in Dungeons, which wasn't uncommon, but... recently it's become frequent outside them too." - Roxana said and Harand was quiet.

The world is changing and the struggles we face in the future will only get worse. An indication of that are those things that monsters drop!” - Roxana said showing one of the boxes that she hasn't opened yet. - “In games there is a little joke before you face a powerful monster or some very complicated event, the game will give you many resources like potions, long buffs, good equipment and much more, all knowing what will come next and I believe that this be an indication of it!”

So you're avoiding supporting the nation you live in because of a game?” Harand frowned and Roxana continued. - "I admit that you are very patriotic my father-in-law, but I will not put the lives of your son or others I love at risk for benefits, I will not sacrifice myself for the royal blood or the useless nobles trapped in the capital!"

This world is changing and as time passes the invasion will only get worse, I wish to reach S Rank as fast as I can and I have neither the time nor the inclination to waste my time on this! As we are technically family, I will give you a piece of advice, stay here and join me, we will get through this together and when the catastrophe passes, we can resolve what comes next, because if you go to the Capital, I guarantee you that you will you will regret it for the rest of your life… well, your short life!” - Roxana said intensely and Harand frowned.

The boxes… does this have to do with your increase in power or my son’s?” Harand asked.

"… Yes!" - Said Roxane. - “What came out of the boxes for such a result?” - Harand asked with even more intense eyes.

There are many different types of resources that come from crates, the rarest being potions from skill books, but I believe the rarest, which have only come from S-Rank monsters so far, are cards!” - Roxana said calmly.

"Cards? Like this?" - Harand was surprised and confused.

There are Cards that increase someone's talent, the skills you were born with, for example your son, your talent has risen to match that of Rank S or above, your strength, mana pools, and more have been buffed slightly and he got a much more incredible inheritance during his advancement. That wasn't all, because among these cards, there are those that help you go to the next level without having to spend weeks or months facing monsters!” - Said Roxana, a lie, in fact, the cards exist, only that so far none have fallen from the monsters he killed.

You mean… there are treasures that can go against the rules and improve our inborn talents?” - Harand asked in disbelief.

"Yes! That's not all, there are chances of an inheritance treasure coming, you should know that among my women there is one called Kassia, a commoner with an average talent.” - Roxana said and Harand nodded. - "Kassia is that beauty with long golden hair and exhaling tons of holy energy, one of the rewards that came from an Abyssal Champion that I killed, was the blood of an Archangel, which could give a powerful angelic lineage to its consumer and I delivered for her."

“…why the commoner?” - asked Harand curiously.

I see no use, even if I were to get stronger by consuming everything for myself, what's the point if the people I love can die with 1 or 2 hits from these freaks? I am also only one and my energy reserves are limited…” - Roxana hesitated but held out her hand and soon flames erupted. - "This was something I received, I didn't want to accept it, but they insisted and so I gained the power to generate and manipulate flames!"

When he saw this, Harand knew that his chances of victory were already erased, with Roxana being able to manipulate the fire element that is opposite to hers, his advantage was gone and along with Roxana's abnormal physical power.

So your lack of desire to help the royal family is due to your greed?” Harand asked.

It's not greed or ambition, all I want is to live beside the one I love and without being stepped on by the authority of others and for that we need strength, a lot of strength! The Royal Family wants to monopolize all of this and likely when this is over and if they remain standing, they will suppress those less loyal or even annihilate them as they rebuild humanity.” - Said Roxana and Harand was quiet, but soon said.

Do you believe that the resources you have are equal to what the Royal Family can achieve?”

Roxana looked at him and said. - “You know, from the boxes, the most important factor is luck! I have an artifact that increases my fortune, why do you think you're hearing this from me first and you've never laid your hands on something like this before?”

“… are you telling me that it can interfere with luck, a power that even Gods are incapable of?!” Harand felt like laughing.

No, I'm saying that I have an artifact that increases my luck, making me several times luckier than the average person, so the chances of something good coming my way are much higher!” - Roxana said smiling slightly.

"And even? Can I see such an artifact?” -Harand's eyes sparkled and Roxana laughed, not answering, she's not an idiot, because she doesn't have something like that!

If I joined you, what would I do?” Harand asked coldly.

With the strength of another A/S Rank at my side and half a dozen A Ranks, our range of influence would increase and with the princess, we will be able to gather other forces scattered around, it's not like they can field an army against us. hunt amidst all this chaos, we can then take a city and fortify it to the fullest, erect great walls and prepare the land for planting, as this accursed infection will surely plague us for a long time.”

With more manpower and people capable of fighting, it would be good to start a more active hunt for aberrations and initially make the excuse of not helping the royal family, as we are helping them, annihilating the powerful aberrations scattered around that may come to join the enemy army and do even more damage, with that we will accumulate more resources and with my luck, we will be able to develop more A/S Ranks and even some S Ranks!” - Said Roxana smiling.

Harand listened to this, wondering what to do. Even though he put on all this patriotic facade, Harand is a greedy man, who are not born in Reiter Kingdom, he only became Duke here for several reasons.

He has many doubts and hearing that he can get more strength from these boxes, he was hesitant whether to just hand them over to the Royal Family who even in the midst of such a confrontation, was ordering such things to be handed over, surely what Roxana said must be true and the royal family found out about it sooner.

Many doubts were in his mind, he didn't know which side to take.

–––––––––––––––

PART 3 – Opening Boxes!

–––––––––––––––

Harand made his decision late in the afternoon, he brought all the boxes to Roxana and said. - "Open them, if what you said came comes, I will accept your proposal!"

Hearing this, Roxana was taken aback, then she smiled, but internally she thought: Fuck!

But with nothing to say, Roxana began to open the boxes in the warehouse, where the food began to come in large quantities, which Harand noticed was a larger quantity than when he or his people opened.

So for the first time he saw a large pile of potions, Roxana glanced over. - “Mana Recovery Potions, Stamina, Healing… we have other utilities here, but no special ones.” - Saying that, Roxana continued, it turns out that there are many boxes and people have been organizing everything.

So for the first time yet again, Harand saw some books appearing and when he personally went to see their contents, they were common skill books, but there were some very rare ones among them, one of which he coveted quite a lot and took without hesitation, Roxana didn't care. bothered her, she glanced around, wondering if she'd find anything useful.

The highest Rank available was A, showing that the gifts are good, but nothing that attracted her attention, not least because many passive skills that strengthen the body are useless to her, since she cannot learn it unless she is of Rank S.

The active ones, Roxana thought having them, would be a good arsenal, as many would be modified by her Class, but it turns out they were pretty disappointing and could change her combat style a lot.

Practically she wants more skills, only the ones presented to her don't catch her attention, showing that Roxana is a very boring girl when it comes to something like that.

The boxes continued to be opened, until in an intense golden glow, something was floating, 1 golden card accompanied by 4 silver cards, Harand's eyes shone brightly at this sight and Roxana was the one who took them and took a look.

The Gold Card was a [Skill Card(S~SS)], the silver ones were leveling cards. - "What are?" Harand asked seriously, almost taking Roxana's hands.

Smiling she said. - “Unfortunately it is not a talent improvement card, but this golden one is a skill card, there are chances that you can get some inheritance like the one I told you yesterday. The silver ones are for leveling up!”

Harand's eyes gleamed and Roxana handed him over. - “Know that whatever comes from this letter will be random, it could be something that will help you a lot or it could also be something like… Divine Cooking!” - She added.

"OK!" -Harand didn't care and just asked how he used it, understanding, he didn't hesitate to use it, Roxana realized that what Renner said was true, her father is very impulsive when it comes to getting stronger.

Harand closed his eyes, Roxana walked away while he received his new ability, where soon Roxana was the first to feel the change.

Bang!

A rumble came from Harand's body, who opened his eyes and smiled, what changed in him? Roxana just felt that he seemed to have a lot more mana than usual, so it must be some passive ability that increases his mana.

What you said has been proven to be true, I will be by your side!” - Said Harand returning to a calm countenance, he looked at the leveling cards, but kept them, he is already of a very high level and is very close to Rank S, leveling up now will not help that much, he can use on some subordinates who are close to advancement, having a few more of A or B Rank will be very helpful.

(Note: Harand is above Level 60, which is obvious, but because he is no longer S Rank, if you calculate a little according to Roxana's advances, the increase in attributes is huge, so surely the sum would give +150 in at least 1 attribute somehow, the answer is no! Class Stars is of utmost importance, this gives a base points, while advancements have a multiplier above Class Stars, i.e. Harand is talented , but let's just say he didn't have much luck in the first Classes and it wasn't until the 3rd Class advancement that he received something really huge that made him jump from standard A Rank to almost S Rank!)

(Note: That is, if you are Level 60 or above, you are at least Rank A/S!)

Roxana finished opening the other boxes, there were really many good things, including 1 Hero Improvement Card, which Roxana was smart to take, now she can decide if the items will go to her Inventory or if they will appear in front of her.

So before showing what came, she first puts them in her inventory and then takes them out, something very fast, her reasoning speed allows her to be so fast and nobody noticed anything.

So when an Upgrade Card came out, she didn't hesitate to keep it for herself and just showed the other leveling cards, saying something like: Too bad, but still, it's pretty good!

After that, with everything finalized, Harand said he was ok with joining her and that they would work together, no one would be below the other and with a very open mind, Roxana said they were family, she doesn't want to be a queen or anything. like, just living in peace with the one you love.

Then he started making some “phone calls” and even decided to lie to the royal family, saying about the strange movement of a large number of infected and together with Roxana, they are going to annihilate them!

The answer came quickly and they agreed.

With that done, the Blizzard Guild officially started moving, where 1/3 stayed in the fortress and the rest went to Latius City to support Pericles and the princess. Harand went there too.

As for Roxana, she got information from Harand's contacts, a few hordes of infected, some Abyssal Champions loose and stuff like that, she's going to party, Level 60 is within her reach!

……

The recipient of the Hero Upgrade Card is none other than Sahari, it's your time to shine!

She herself hasn't gained anything that significant in her advancement, but her swordsmanship has improved, not to mention her Aura, it seems to have reached Rank A!

Roxana now wanted to hunt as many A-Rank creatures as possible, as Cards can actually drop, it's not something only she and other players get as rewards.

But keeping in mind that she actually opened a lot of boxes since they started coming out and none came, it shows her rarity and she had 2 jackpots on getting the cards!

The only thing she's sad about is that she can't use them on herself, as it only takes 2 more levels to reach 60!

–––––––––––––––

PART 4 – 2nd Invasion!

–––––––––––––––

Roxana spent most of her time slaying monsters or raiding dungeons in search of valuable resources, she didn't even have time to breathe properly.

Her level reached 59, just 1 more and she goes to S Rank!

[Act 3 – The Second Invasion!]

A message came to Roxana, which she didn't think of, taking an item from her inventory and breaking it, soon magic circles appeared around her body and then she was teleported to the Fortress!

The moment she appeared there, cracks appeared in the heavens, different from the first day, this time they were portals that beyond the heavens, appeared on earth and in many other places!

SECOND INVASION HAS STARTED, EVERYONE PREPARE!!!!” - Roxana roared loudly and activated a device that sent the emergency message to the City of Latius and some allies made in recent months.

In the next moment, came the devilish laughter, only… it wasn't the Abyss that was attacking them… - “Demons?!” Roxana was alarmed by the sight.

But she didn't stop to think about it too much, enemy is enemy!

Soon her body burned in intense flames that approached S Rank, but soon Roxana entered her frenzy state and the Flames synergized with her, surpassed their limits even more and burned in a deep red.

Soon a sound of something rushing through the air at high speed rang out, as Roxana reached the largest portal in her vision, spitting out a swarm of strange bats, then she spurted everything she had into the attack that came, a huge pillar of red flames exploded, incinerating everything!

……

Hahahaha~ finally after 200 years, let's go conquer a new world!” - Flying in the skies with big bat wings, a human physique and long horns, a handsome man cackled.

A pity that the Abyss came first, but since Lord Lucifer wanted this world, it's not like it matters!” - An armored figure said with coldness and disdain.

Our scouts said we're going to a nation called Reiter? I hear a Baroness is here, I hope the Baron will come with us.” - Said a child-like figure.

The Baron has more important things to do, and don't compare our nobility with those mediocre freaks! If I were a creature of the Abyss, I would at least be a Baron!” - The man with bat wings laughed proudly, the others laughed too and…

Why is it hotter than usual?” - Said the confused armored figure, the others noticed and then…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!

A colossal explosion rang out as from one of the many portals the army was using to invade the human world, a pillar of crimson flames shot out for hundreds of meters before it began to split apart and scatter countless fireballs that scattered far and wide. and exploded tens of thousands of demons!

The 3 Demon Generals gaped as a good sum of their army was annihilated, where the ones that took the most damage was the flying demon army, one of the armies that the Demon World invested the most.

What frightening power, does a Demigod live among these humans?” - The child frowned, as he noticed that 2 Demonic Commanders were annihilated in that attack, which was still occurring, even though it had already started to dissipate.

"Let's take a look!" - Said the bat-winged demon advancing, but when they approached, the portal closed, the damage suffered was too much and the energy passage was too high, forcing its closure.

Where are the coordinates?!” - Shouted the armored looking for Blue Demons, comparable to the Archmages, but soon noticed that the Archmages taking care of that specific portal were killed in the aftermath of the attack, another reason the portal had closed.

–––––––––––––––

PART 5Miguel!

–––––––––––––––

Archangel Michael was frowning, he was confused as he evaluated the reports received from some Divine Messengers.

Abyss and Hell are attacking the same world?” - Miguel rubbed his temple, then looked at a real-time image of the massive planet suffering from abyssal erosion and now, demonic!

What is so special about this world that these two freaks would be interested? Not to mention it seems Lucifer is very interested in this world.” - Said Azazel with a deep look and a dark face.

This world is strange, recently something in it caught my attention, as a mortal was found possessing a diluted copy of my blood, I met with her and read part of her memoirs, it seems that someone is playing with this world and… I believe that Lucifer's interest in this particular world is this human girl.” - Said Miguel waving his hand and showing the image of Roxana according to Kassia's memories.

Does she have something special?” - Asked Azazel with indifference.

This girl apparently refused Lucifer's power, which made me interested in them, mainly I wanted to know what was capable of creating an almost identical copy of my blood!” - Miguel grunted lightly.

Azazel looked, then asked. - “Should we interfere? This world is doomed, there are two forces opposing ours, but maybe we can make a difference!”

Azazel, seek the name of this world!” - Said Miguel.

"The name? Well, the name of the world is… what is it?” - Azazel frowned as he felt confused.

It took me a while to realize it, I tried to investigate its name in the essence of this world, but I couldn't find it, I tried through the memories of some of its inhabitants, but we don't have a name either… this world has no name, this world has no conscience… that's really a world?” - Miguel frowned.

Azazel began to have greater focus and… - “Some Superior Entity is doing something, is it the Enlightened One?” - He asked doubtfully.

The Enlightened One does not interfere with anything unless something threatened the extinction of the Universe, even when Lucifer rebelled or sacrificed Lilith to be the mother of the Demons, he didn't interfere and I don't think he would do something like that…” – Miguel had it too many doubts.

To interfere with our notion and… create a strange world like this, only being above the Sublime Level, so… is another Enlightened-level entity doing something? Another like him exists?!” - Azazel breathed heavily, shuddering as he looked intently at that world without name and identity.

–––––––––––––––

PART 6 – Lucifer!

–––––––––––––––

"Interesting! Very interesting!" - Lucifer sitting on his throne, smiling as he looked beyond the void, a single world, he was the first to notice the strangeness, even the Lord of the Abyss being so uninterested in things, he did not notice this anomaly yet.

And just like Michael and Azazel, Lucifer came to the same conclusion, an entity at the level of the Enlightened One did something here, which indicates that the Enlightened One is not unique and if he is not the only one, it is possible to reach him!

Now this mysterious world must have the secrets to get to this entity, but that wasn't all, for delving deeper and using everything he had, he discovered other worlds in the same dimension, with identical rules and the same problems.

Dozens of worlds with no name or identity, what's going on here? Why are the Abyss, Hell and even Chaos attacking these worlds?

The most intriguing thing is that everything apparently started at the same time interval, something seems to manipulate everything, but what is the purpose of this entity?

Lucifer laughed, finding this very interesting, he liked this unknown entity better than the Enlightened One who just sat and watched while everything was destroyed!

5