Chapter 6: The Consequence of Uncontrolled Anger
187 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dark room, the only source of light came from a hologram projected on the wall. The hologram depicted a room with a huge window, and a pair of gray eyes followed the projection.

A man entered the room and, at his command, more people arrived. They were holding a child and a middle-aged woman. The man ordered them to be released and then left the room. However, after he said a few words, something seemed to happen outside the window. Suddenly, the window became covered in blood and, a few seconds later, it cracked. A man in black burst into the room and made a sharp movement toward the man in charge.

The man in charge, waking from his stupor, raised his fist and reflexively struck the man in black. However, the man in black quickly dodged his fist and countered with a dagger. The fighter did not react, and the dagger went straight into his chest. The man in black quickly struck a few more blows and stepped aside, looking at the fighter.

In the darkness, the pair of gray eyes narrowed as the person manipulating the device rewound the hologram back to the moment when the dagger appeared. However, they found nothing.

"Why did you let him in out of curiosity?" the person asked, averting their eyes to the side.

"Yes, sir. When things got out of control, I took the video and ran out of there," a hurried and trembling voice replied from outside.

"Tsk..." The gray eyes looked again at the hologram.

After killing the fighter, the man in black attempted to move toward the child and the woman, but a small dagger flew at high speed from the side of the broken glass. The man in black dodged the dagger, which bounced back. Immediately, the door behind the child and the woman opened, and a middle-aged man with a thin sword entered. He pointed the sword at the child and looked at the man in black.

The man in black sprang toward the swordsman and attempted to push the child and the woman away. However, the dagger flew out of the window again, and the swordsman jumped in front of him, intending to use his sword. The man in black parried the dagger and blocked the sword quickly and accurately. The swordsman was about to strike again, but the man in black disappeared with a whistle and reappeared behind him. The swordsman instinctively covered his neck with his hand, where blood was coming from, and fell to his knees. The man in black turned around and stabbed the swordsman in the back with his dagger, then disappeared toward the window.

In the darkness, a pair of gray eyes turned to the side and a voice was heard: "Is there any more...?"

The speaker's interlocutor responded with a shiver in his voice: "Sir....this....this....that....that I...managed to take...before I left..."

"But, sir...he also killed a man too..."

Clearly annoyed, the gray-eyed man responded, "How clumsy you are! And what shall I say to Sir Helias...."

The gray-eyed man suddenly stopped talking, as if realizing something.

"Oh, you heard something you weren't supposed to hear." In an instant, a gray light flashed, and the decapitated corpse fell to the floor with a sound.

The gray-eyed man looked at the hologram and, drawing it closer, examined the mask of the man in black. There was a mysterious red pattern.

"And who are you!?"

...

I have corrected the spelling and grammar errors, broken the text into shorter paragraphs, and added appropriate punctuation marks. I also removed unnecessary repetition of words and phrases. Additionally, I reformatted the text to make it more visually appealing. Let me know if you have any further feedback.

Back at the academy, I sat down on the bed in my room. However, my right hand was still shaking. It wasn't because I had killed someone for the first time, but because I had unintentionally killed an innocent person.

As I chased after the last person, my anger blinded me, making me confident that I could kill and save the hostage he had taken. When I attacked him, he parried the blow, and I directly pierced the innocent man's chest.

I didn't know how to handle a dagger, and I was lucky that the special effect worked, automatically blocking the two previous attacks. With the special effect of the boot, my speed increased, and I was able to kill the swordsman.

Briefly falling into a stupor after killing an innocent man, the assassin took advantage of the moment and attempted to slit my neck. In a crisis moment, the special effect of the hat was activated, and everything around slowed down. Coming out of my stupor, I felt my speed increase. In an instant, I hit him several times, and the slow world closed in.

Sitting there, I wanted to forget about killing an innocent and slaughtering all those disgusting people, but I remembered those widening eyes. "Я... I know it could and should have happened... I have to control my emotions, or it will lead to much worse results than what I want...."

This evening, I realized three things. First, the power here is not in the group or money, but real power. Second, maintaining rationality is essential in any bad situation. Lastly, because of my rash actions, innocent people might get hurt.

When I didn't want to do anything, I burrowed into bed and tried to sleep. I was mentally exhausted, and the scene kept going around in my head, preventing me from falling asleep. Eventually, I couldn't sleep until morning.

One of the highest places in Rabe's academy belongs to the director of academies, Emmilia Naimeron. She was sitting in her office, reading a book when a vibration came from her wrist. Turning her hand, she saw a report stating that one of the teachers had temporarily left the academy yesterday and returned in six hours. Calling up the teacher's information, she raised an eyebrow and closed the book, resting her chin thoughtfully.

When I woke up from my nap, I finally felt better and got up to go to the training room. I tried to understand how to use the dagger instinctively by making a movement with it, but I had no experience with daggers or combat. Suddenly, my wrist vibrated, and I opened the hologram to see a letter inviting me to the principal's office.

"Haaaaah..." 

4