Chapter 17: The Hunt Begins
140 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing a scream behind me, and moving as fast as I could toward the first floor, when I finally made it down to the first floor I heard loud footsteps.

It seems to me, or it would be much harder to go back than to get out of the academies. It was May's indiscretion.

Soon a wall appeared in front of me I carefully placed my hand in it and began to pour mana into it.

After a few seconds a small magic circle appeared and a small and narrow door appeared.

Without thinking long I went through it, right behind me the door closed.

After walking across the road for about 2-3 minutes I came out of the middle of some trees, I don't know how they did it, but, it's a novel so that's okay.

Finally breathing fresh air I thought, although there are many to choose from so if you're not careful you can easily lose your life.

So first we have to choose the easiest ones.

Like the last time I found another place in this city, although the city is quite considered safe, but the dark water here is much deeper than other places.

From some high-ranking nobles to the most twisted bastards who jumped to the side of the demons.

Even one of the most notorious adventurers is a puppet of the demons.

I need the weakest groups now.

There's one in the middle of the city there in terms of danger I can tell it's the highest level.

Most of the weaker groups are located in the outskirts of the city, but they are still quite stealthy. If you don't know special information, it's unlikely you can just catch them.

I have a target in mind, but there will probably be one or more sign level 2s.

Although the reaction is fine, but the strength and speed is not, in the main priority should change the reduction in the type of torso. If possible also boots.

Gradually approaching the place of my raid I hid nearby pretending to just flock.

Although there are many differences from the ground, if I don't look closely it feels like I'm back on the ground.

The mask is fine, and so are the other objects mentally opening the system menu I went into the store and started looking at items by torso type.

Starting at 4000 and ending with a very large number of zeros....

At the moment the torso type gear the least cost 8000 and that's a lot, I don't know if it's level 2 mark or not.

So I think after this fight I should buy it.

Looking ahead a building appeared in front of me. At the top with brightly colored lettering was written 'Luck'. It's not hard to guess what this place is.

I had to sneak up on them very quietly, although the previous time I had launched a direct attack out of anger I still remembered those eyes.

It took me circling around the building to finally find a place to sneak in.

It was the back door, but there were two guards with guns. Firearms aren't that strong here, but combined with magic you can even make some pretty good ones.

They had simple weapons with magic enhancement.

Using the shadows I reduced my presence and crept up on them. It wasn't difficult, at one two they were already lying down, and I entered the building with my dagger ready.

This place is dirty too, they make people go into debt after which they threaten. A classic tactic, if customers can't pay back, they go in for heavy artillery in the form of intimidation. It even goes as far as kidnapping and selling. This place also cooperated with that other place I destroyed.

Walking through the corridor I met people with guns, although I avoided most of them. There are those who had to die to pass on. Exploring and waning, I reached a luxurious place where the VIP guests and managers of the place sat.

I should have been watching, but time was of the essence. As these bodies could find, standing in the secluded spot I began to move backwards forwards making sharp jerks.

I needed a special effect to be guaranteed to kill the one with the level 2 sign. For almost 5 minutes I finally got the special effect and immediately burst into the room. There were people inside, but I didn't feel particularly strong. Probably not a level 2 sign here.

Immediately started mopping up since I was already in a state of special effect it wasn't difficult.

After killing everyone, there was only one left with a level 1 sign. He was the only one here.

The special effect ended, I jumped up to him. His speed wasn't as fast as that girl's in the virtual fight.

He intercepted my dagger a few times, but another blow, the dagger went into his leg.

His speed slowed, so he couldn't keep up with me at all.

....

Breathing heavily, he knelt down and looked at me.

"Where's your manager with the level 2 sign?"

I wanted to know where he was so I could kill him as soon as possible.

Since my mana was slowly depleting.

Because he didn't want to talk, I struck again.

"He..... Downstairs.... In the basement....."

"How many people are there and how do you get there?"

"There...you can get in through the stairs on the right side of the room, no people there... I know he's the only one there...,"

After watching him for a few seconds, I stabbed the dagger right into his neck.

Without thinking long, I left the room and went to the right. Finding the stairs, I quickly went down.

........

There was a dimly lit place where the light was very turgid. There were cells, inside the cells were people sitting tightly bound.

In one of the rooms was a girl, her dull golden hair covering her face. She huddled in a corner of the room and shook faintly.

A man stood across from her and said something, his shirt stained with blood.

"See, I told you....."

He approached the girl, which made her shudder and shrink even more.

"I told you your father would bring you to me himself...,"

He moved closer again, squatting down, he pulled back her hair revealing a crying beautiful face with blue eyes that had lost their luster.

This action made the girl begin to tremble more.

"What do you think? I invited you kindly, but you rejected me..."

The man smiled wickedly showing his teeth.

"Please....."

He heard a barely perceptible voice pleading with him, his smile grew even wider and there was excitement in his eyes.

That's what he loves most about how someone gives up and starts begging him.

"Hahahahaha.... Isn't that funny, you were a noble and brave girl then, and now look at your kind....Hahahahahah."

His laughter echoed throughout the room and even came out of it.

But suddenly his laughter stopped abruptly and he looked away, he didn't hear the door open and close, but in a dark corner of the room he saw a man standing in black with a mask on his face. There was a strange red pattern painted on his face.

Goosebumps ran down his back and he felt and heard nothing. It was as if this man had been here all along, watching him.

His heart frantically forgot and he felt a crisis...

4