Ch 98 – Dual testimonies
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three of them returned to the staff building and met with Levia. 

“Sheesh, took you long enough. What were you three doing?” asked Nera, clearly annoyed.

“Just chatting. Hellen and Fushichin have some really peculiar hobbies and it was fun talking to them that we kinda lost track of time.” said Juniper. 

“Sure, whatever. Could we please go back to this case. I wanna find the bastard who did this.” said Nera with a grin. 

“We need to know what exactly happened inside the haunted cave. But there aren’t any footages that we know of” said Hellen. 

“Yeah. So, let’s listen to that testimony we got.” said Fushichin.

“Yeah.” said Juniper and nodded. 

The four of them found a separate room and started listening to the testimony. 

First was Shira’s testimony. 

The footage started with Shira on a chair and the detective walking from the phone and sitting in front of Shira on a chair.

“I started recording. Hello! My name is Uvan Kuznikov. I’m a detective from Squad A9 and am taking the testimony of this beloved lady here, miss” started the man. 

“Shira. Shira Arien. I’m a friend of Nyuna Natashan and Nami. The three of us went into the haunted cave and there, I lost sight of those two.” said Shira urgently. 

“Why? What were you doing?” asked Uvan. 

“We first entered the spooky art section. There we watched drawings of ghosts, demons and appreciated the work that was put into it. I went to the bathroom on the right side of the building, I believe. Then I went back and thought I would find Nyuna and Nami but they were gone.” said Shira. 

“Okay. Could you tell me the exact minutes?” asked Uvan. 

“I’m not really sure. I think it might have been 11:20 when I separated from them. I spent about, hmm…15 minutes away from them and when I came back where I left them, they were gone. I searched around and around and couldn’t find them. Being alone in that creepy place kinda got to me so I came out the way I came in.” said Shira. 

She took a deep breath and continued “At about 12:10, maybe 12:20, I met Nami. I asked her where Nyuna was and she said Nyuna wandered off on her own into the maze and she lost her there and couldn’t find her so she got out.” 

“I see. Then what happened?” asked Uvan. 

“We waited outside of the haunted cave until 13, hoping that Nyuna would get out and reach us on her own. But she didn’t come back.” said Shira. 

“Hmm. And you called the police?” asked Uvan. 

“Well, Nami and I told what happened to the others. Our instructor and managers told the park employees and then we searched for her for a while.” said Shira.  

“Hmm, so you waited on calling the police?” said Uvan. 

“I didn’t make that decision. At that time, we were all hoping that some misunderstanding happened and Nyuna was just busy with something. While searching, at around 14:20 I heard from Mimi, our sub vocalist that instructor Kim already called the police. And then you all came here soon enough.” said Shira. 

“Hmm, yes. So, you didn’t meet any suspicious individuals?” asked Uvan. 

“I…didn’t. I would have told you if I had any suspects in mind. But I really don’t and I don’t wanna point fingers at a person without knowing anything.” said Shira. 

“Right. Thank you for the testimony.” said Uvan. 

The video ended there. 

“Alright, how about the other video. Nami was it, her testimony.” said Fushichin. 

Hellen nodded and played the next video. 

The video started and the detective elegantly walked and sat on a chair in front of an idol with long curly brown hair and cyan eyes.    

“Detective Prerael speaking. Taking the alibi of Nami Asashi. So, start from the top. You were with the victim, right?” 

“Yes. me, Shira and Nyuna decided to spend time together at the haunted cave.” said Nami with seriousness.

“Ahh, and was Nyuna feeling okay at that time? Was there any reason she would depart from you two?” asked Prerael. 

“No, not much. She was as energetic and bubbly as usual. Ordering us around. But she was an unusually childish one, for a team leader.” said Nami. 

“Yes. And you are…what position do you take in your team?” asked Prerael curiously. 

“Sub rapper.” said Nami. 

“Hmm, I see. And you are…proud of your position?” asked Prerael. 

“Yes. Of course, I am. I’ve been with this team for long. I know how valuable even the smallest role is.” grunted Nami. 

“Okay. So, I heard that you and Shira were the last people to see Nyuna. Explain what happened, in great detail.” said Prerael.

“I went to the haunted cave with Nyuna and Shira. Nyuna was excited to see all the spooky stuff there.” said Nami. 

“When?” 

“At around 11. I don’t remember the exact minutes. Then at around 11:20 Shira left.” said Nami. 

“So, you were all alone with the victim?” asked Prerael. 

“She is not a victim. I’m sure she is fine. Anyways, I talked with Nyuna for a bit. About the future of the idol group and her favorite scary movie. We walked into a maze made of mirrors. It was quite freaky. I was honestly kind of scared. Nyuna kept looking at the mirrors, making weird faces and running around. Then a bit later, I noticed that she was gone. I couldn’t find her afterwards.” said Nami. 

“So, you just left then?” asked Prerael. 

“No, I shouted her name and asked a person or two whether they saw a girl with our stage uniform. But the people I asked said no and I couldn’t find Nyuna. After a while I decided it's better to get out from this maze and this haunted cave in general. At around 12 I exited then I met Shira and together we waited for Nyuna to come out and meet us. But we didn’t meet her.” said Nami. 

“And then you went and told the others?” asked Prerael.

“Yes. At around 13 I went with Shira and spoke with my other team members. We told them how we couldn’t find Nyuna. We searched and also someone called the cops and you guys came.” said Nami in a depressed tone. 

“Yes. We’re done with your alibi, thanks.” said Prerael. 

“You’re welcome.” said Nami. 

The video ended there. 

“So, you guys didn’t find anything from that?” asked Juniper. 

“Yeah. If it was that simple, Squad A9 already would have found out who the kidnapper or killer was.” said Fushichin. 

“Damn. Then what should we do next?” asked Nera with frustration. 

“We ask from people who were inside the haunted cave from 11 to 12 what they saw.” said Hellen. 

“And let’s also investigate the crime scene ourselves. Unfortunately, it’s already been a day but there might be some clues left.” said Fushichin. 

Hellen nodded and said “You’re right. We should get a better look at the crime scene. Then let’s question the suspects.”

0