Author’s commentary [vol 3] [part 2]
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fushichin 

The red headed rash detective is back in business. And yeah, he did a great job as always. He is definitely now way more honest with his feelings. And admitted that he cares for Hellen, I really love those lines, it really shows that he has grown as a person and isn’t afraid and trying to deceive others. As much as I liked deranged and aggressive Fushichin of the past, there was always an inkling that he was a mere bystander who always mocks and comments from afar while being afraid that he would muddy himself if he got too into the situation.

I’m glad that this attitude is slowly being cleared away. Plus, there are some really nice lines from him about how he follows where the wind blows but still just admitting that he didn’t want Hellen to face it all. Its sweet. And he said the thing! He said “I have no enemies”.

Hui Ying   

Another very charming character that we got to know more of and unfortunately lost. Whoever became a bait for the plan to move the guards from their post was in a massive risk anyway. I could have written it so that Hui Ying successfully escapes from the guards after the guards rush to the commander’s office. But I didn’t want the guards to be dumb so the result is that she ate some bullets and died.

She is definitely a very fun character to write. So sassy and energetic but also loves to whine and complain. Definitely less noble than Hellen, much more whiny and has a lot of things to prove but her heart is just as pure as hers.

Hori

I love her and honestly feel really bad for her. I didn’t want her to suffer this much, trust me it hurt me as much as it hurt you but what can you do, I want this fiction to feel real and suffering is part of reality. There is definitely quite a few changes that happened to her too. Very small tidbits. She is way more humble and grateful to Hellen and everyone involved. She definitely might have been a lot more angry, hateful and whiny when she killed Tenma but I think the suffering she endured in prison and in the underground lab really opened her eyes as to how better she was living back home.

Plus, she just had a lot of time to reflect on her actions as well as herself. By the way, her initial sentencing to death definitely has some rigging. Because a truly righteous judge would have considered the psychological pressure and even physical pain Hori received while living in that mansion as well as how much she regrets or changed after she had committed the crime.

But unfortunately, the world of lust for truth is very cruel and there was some conspiracy to harshen the sentence so that young women would be judged harshly for their murders, so that they have a justification to put them inside the underground lab and use them as soldier spawners. There is also heavy prejudice considering that Hori and had an incestuous relationship, Klancy did report everything about the case which would mean the judges knew about her relationships, so it did impact her sentence harshly.

Not sure if I should have spilled all the beans but there is barely any space to put this information and frankly none of the detectives have a concrete proof of this so they never talked about it. Maybe they will talk about it later.  

Do not use this novel as a basis for law and order in real life because there is a lot of different thought process and every country and judge rules differently, on top of the fact that Elenrago judges have reasons to judge harshly due to some political reasons, so it’s a mess.

Then in general, law itself is kind of a superfluous and ridiculous thing because its extremely subjective and man-made thing. Nature doesn’t have jails. Only humans are idiotic enough to make one.    

The themes of this story

Love is such an underrated word, an undervalued gem. We don’t grade students on how loving, caring and righteous they are, we grade on abilities, skills and mental prowess even though the very act of being competitive and being obedient to teachers could be a sign of heartlessness.

We envy other people’s money, wealth and power, but rarely have people felt jealous of other people’s love. If anything, love is seen as a weakness, a flaw.

The story of the two incestuous girls living in a moody mansion is a reflection of that. I’ve had some people make a ruckus on discord and on the review section on scribblehub because I wrote a story that has incest. But honestly, I had to. Your eyes are so blind. Your heart is so asleep. I needed to shake you up. Nobody in that mansion knows of love except Mew and Hori. Perhaps there existed Jude and Yumiko who still knew something resembling love and forgiveness but unfortunately even those two couldn’t reach them in time.

They lacked the courage to rebel against Tenma. And certainly, Tenma and Marian had no right to judge. In their very judging they proved that they had no love. What do they know of love? Marian tried to kill Yumiko and Tenma did a whole bunch of bullshit to Nile and ruined his life. And now they were trying to separate those two lovebirds because it didn’t look good in the eyes of others. They know nothing of love.     

Because of course, our society has its own dogmas, our rules and beliefs. Yes, I am fully aware of the possibility of deformed and mentally ill offsprings that could be birthed from an incestuous couple. But if you’ve ever known me from reading this story or reading my commentaries, is that I don’t give a flying fuck about those rules and laws and morality. My heart knows what is real and what is right. There is no higher god than love. If there is a possibility of true love flourishing, then I happily accept incest as it is. Because to live in a world without love is worse than living in a world with incest.    

Those who lack love cling onto knowledge. And knowledge is just the world outside of you. A religious preacher’s words are a knowledge, a professor’s rant are a knowledge, a politicians mad ego trip is also a knowledge too. You believe in words, in images, in thoughts and you stuff your tiny head with all that bullshit other people have said. Because deep down you know, you are lacking. Without stuffing your head with bullshit rules, beliefs, dogmas you know you won’t be able to tell left from right, right from wrong. 

But I tell you, it doesn’t have to be this way. Surrender to love, relax and let nature speak through you. That’s why Mew is so strong. When her sister was in peril, she loved her more intimately than any lover could. Even when she was ousted as a murderer, she claimed to love her forever under any condition without any hesitation in her words.

So beautiful, so truthful. The truth is within. It doesn’t come from scriptures or from movies or from what philosophizers and politicians hand out. Hence why so much confidence. So much energy. When you try to tell what is good from bad, do you think about what other people said? if you start thinking about what other people said, then it’s a losing game already because so many different people said so many things, your head will simply crash like a potato pc because how could you trust any of the silly thoughts running in your head? This person said one thing but the other said something opposite. It is just too ridiculously confusing. So, some people have crutches.

There are those who follow the majority, there are those who follow their parents, there are those who follow celebrities. Such great followers, such great slaves. Nobody stops and thinks “Why not just be myself? Why force myself? Why push myself? Why not let my body move on its own? let myself decide for myself?”

Everyone has been blinded by the world that they see. Hypnotized by the music they hear.. They have completely forgotten the love that is within. You are enough onto yourself.

This simple message was ignored. So now people decide what is right or wrong with rules, laws and morality. They have become cold, out of touch.

So, such inhumane things as execution, life imprisonment are so popular. And logic dictates that if you’re gonna kill someone or uselessly feed someone through life imprisonment, why not make some profit out of these convicts and inmates?

There are those who have fear and those who have pride who have refused this notion. But these people aren’t saints, they are just cowards, they don’t want to think about it because the logic absolutely makes sense!

If a woman is going to be executed or imprisoned for life, might as well make the most out of her by making her a sex slave, a human guinea pig. A very capitalist approach to a problem, very financially profitable. But so inhuman and so vile. And when there is greed there is danger because you can easily convict sane, loving and humble people into being convicts and criminals because your laws are so complicated, so convoluted, you can give any person any sentence if you really try to. There is this silly thing called state secret that you can use to imprison anyone and no one can say anything against it cause nobody knows what this great secret is and isn’t allowed to know what crime the person did anyway.

And even if someone committed theft, rape, murder, so what? Life is a learning process. So long as you learn from your mistakes, it is fine. Repetition is dangerous but if you evolve and change and become a different person, there is no point in holding to past crimes. Through your understanding you have become a completely different person.

And since you’re a different person, what is the need for this jail cell?

But perhaps, there is a different need for a jail cell.

The innate desire to discriminate.

The desire to kill, destroy.

The desire to bully.

People just can’t accept reality as is, people as they are. They just really really want a punching bag, don’t they? Otherwise, how will they let their anger out, their hatred out, how will they have any excuse to rape someone?

But simply admitting that you’re a bully is too ego shattering, we all can’t just get angry for the sake of anger, hate for the sake of hate. We lie, we cheat, we discriminate. We make excuses, justifications.

Justifications are dangerous. Instead of admitting that you have hate, you try to justify your hate.
This person killed someone, therefore I am justified in killing them.
This person raped someone, therefore I am justified in raping them.

If you keep justifying, you can go forever with your justifications. You will never learn anything, you will never be able to unburden yourself from all the hate, pent up aggression because your justifications will keep creating new anger, new hate. Stop trying to justify yourself. If you have an enemy, look within and let that enemy go, you are enjoying this fight a little too much.

0