Ch 94 – RC Assault
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hellen, Klancy, Galtomor and Juniper approached him. Fushichin pulled the car up from the ground and examined it. The car seemed to be made of plastic.

“Did a kid leave this behind?” asked Hellen.

“I’m not sure.” said Fushichin.

“It might actually be related to the case.” said Klancy.            

Suddenly a soft beeping sound came from the toy car then stopped. Then it started again. The tempo of the beeping was starting to get faster.

Klancy’s eyes shot up.

“Fushichin throw that thing AWAY!” yelled Klancy.

Fushichin quickly did as he was told and the next moment the car exploded, burning the king’s dress that was displayed at the corner of the room.

“What the fuck?!” cried Galtomor.

Yung and Schreuder came into the room to see the fire.

“What the hell did you guys do?” cried Yung.

“Shut up and bring the fire extinguisher.” said Klancy.

They ran and quickly brought the fire extinguisher and turned off the fire. The costume was badly damaged but more than that Klancy was frowning because of the evidence that was destroyed.

“Man that was close. I would be dead if that toy exploded in my face.” panted Fushichin.

Klancy walked around the remains. He grabbed a round charred plastic which was probably the tire of the RC car.

Two cops rushed into the scene. One of them was Jesslin.  

“What the hell happened here?” asked Jesslin.

“A toy car just exploded in front of us. Luckily no one was harmed…well, except this costume display.” said Fushichin.   

The other cop scratched his hair in disbelief.

“What kind of a shitshow is this.” mumbled Jesslin.

Klancy took out his phone and took some pictures of the scene.

“Well, we know the car is related to the case somehow, thanks to the explosion.” said Galtomor.

“It was a black car with big tires. Small enough to hide under the dress of the queen of Batgarid” said Fushichin.

“In the picture, the car was seen on the floor, outside of this dress. So someone remotely controlled it to move under the dress” said Hellen.

“And they made it explode in order to hide the fact it’s an evidence? Why did they wait until now to explode it? I-is the culprit near here? Are we being watched by the culprit?” gasped Juniper.

“I don’t think so. The electricity is down so the security cameras don’t work. Likely the bomb was set up to activate when the car was moved.” said Klancy.  

“But why was destroying that car so important? It wasn’t just there to prank us cops, right?” said Juniper.

“My only guess is that the car definitely was used in the murder. I don’t think it was used to necessarily kill Doltey but…” mumbled Fushichin.

“But it may have something to do with the locked room?” asked Galtomor.

“Yeah, that has to be it.” said Fushichin.

“So the locked room was a setup to frame those five.” said Hellen.

Klancy nodded and turned around to Yung.

“Could you bring the suspects to the armory display section. We may need them there.” said Klancy.

Yung nodded and went away. Soon the detectives and the suspects arrived in the armory display room. They were informed of what happened in the culture section just now.

“That’s unbelievable! That was the real-life clothing king Batgarid the third wore during ceremonies. And its…gone!” yelled Joyce with a frown.

“We’re sorry. But at the same time, we are dealing with a serial killer here. If Fushichin hadn’t thrown the bomb, he would have been the one hospitalized.” said Hellen as she waved her hands to calm her down.               

Fushichin curiously went towards the door to the display entrance. He noted that the door swings towards the outside entrance and closed it from outside, sat down and looked at the gap under the door.

“Quite spacious, I might say.” said Fushichin as he mumbled to himself.

He opened the door and entered back in the armory display section.

“So, the thing that blew up was a toy car. But how is that relevant to the case?” asked Janet.

“It was used to create the locked room mystery.” said Galtomor.     

“And how exactly?” asked Schreuder with suspicion.

“First and foremost, we need to talk about what evidence does the toy car relate with. One of your findings was quite telling.” said Fushichin.

“What evidence is that?” asked Liu.

“The keyring with keys on it. If I remember correctly that had a white string attached to it. The other end of the string was attached to a curved plastic.” said Fushichin.

“Yeah. You’re right…wait, does that mean” mumbled Janet.

“Yes, the plastic attached to the keyring, it was a tail wing of the rc car that just exploded.” said Fushichin.

“Hold on a sec, I indeed see what you mean. But the keyring was found inside the men’s bathroom while the rc car was inside the culture section under the costume. Are you implying the tail wing accidentally got hit by something and detached at the bathroom?” asked Schreuder. 

“No, we couldn’t examine the car due to the explosion. But likely the car had a function that detaches its tail wing. The culprit used this function to drop off the keyring that was attached to its tail wing. And then they simply moved the car to the culture section and hid it there” said Fushichin.

“H-hold a minute. How did the culprit see where the car was heading at? RC cars need to be seen by its driver in order to be controlled.” said Juniper.

“We don’t have proof. But likely the car was navigated by a camera built inside the car. Most likely inside its headlamp.” said Klancy.

“Yeah, that makes sense. I think it needs to be proven by extracting and analyzing the debris of the rc car.” said Yung.

“Let me explain what the killer did step by step. The very first criminal act they did was, they attacked the guard Tim to get inside, killed the victim in this room with the sickle. Then they placed the car near the door and attached a string to the tail wing and extended the other end to go past the gap of the door. Then they closed the door and locked it from outside. Sitting down they attached the keyring to the string that extended from under the door. Then using the remote camera and the remote controller they were able to move the rc car into the bathroom, make it detach its tail wing in the men’s bathroom. Then they simply drove the car into the culture section and hid it under the costume of the queen. Unfortunately for them, the car was seen in Gabriel’s selfie.” said Fushichin.

“That seems about right. Well done Fushichin.” said Klancy.

Fushichin smirked pridefully in response.        

“So if I’m understanding correctly none of us are the culprit? If the culprit locked the door from outside, they couldn’t enter here and therefore none of us are the culprit” said Dorj.

“That’s true. Thanks to finding the truth, we were able to prove your innocence.” said Hellen.

“Shoot, so I was really wrong huh.” mumbled Schreuder.   

“Better luck next time, tiger” said Janet playfully as she patted Schreuder on the back. 

The suspects were allowed to leave. Klancy looked at Yung, sighed and said “We still couldn’t catch the culprit. Maybe its best that we investigate the previous Grim Reaper murders to get a better idea of who the culprit may be.”

Yung nodded. Yung’s phone buzzed in his pocket and he was quick to pull out his phone and read the message that arrived.

“Hmm. I just got a message from our other cops. I ordered them to find the cause of the power outage. Apparently, the power grid that is connected to this museum has been damaged heavily by explosives. That is cause of the blackout. It affected many apartments and buildings, not just ours” said Yung.

“That can’t be a coincidence, right? The killer attacked exactly when the power was out. His plan wouldn’t have worked otherwise.” said Hellen.

“How far away is the power grid from here?” asked Klancy.

“10 kilometers away.” said Yung.

“So, the culprit had an accomplice? Someone to destroy the power grid and send a message to the culprit saying that attacking now is safe.” said Galtomor.

“Possibly. Or the bomb was set up to blow up remotely.” said Fushichin. 

The detectives were instructed to go home and rest that evening.  

*******

0