Chapter 2 : The System
327 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Because his data isn't in Riley's memory, there's no explanation for this man, Miss." Merea said this while hovering over my head.

'So, this system operates based on Riley Gallagher's level of knowledge?'

"That's right. This man is new to the Zoldhager recidence. That is why there is no information about him."

'This system moves like the CPU. Riley's brain is, of course, the CPU in this case.' I smiled. This was very interesting.

"My Lady?" Sorcha called out to me.

I looked at her. Of course. I ignored the two humans in my room.

“I was thinking about something.” I smiled at Sorcha. “So, who is this man?” I cast an icy look at the man standing behind Sorcha.

His features reminded me of someone from a previous life. They have the exact same expression. Are they also the same age? I wanted to laugh. But I tried not to laugh in front of them.

[Riley Gallagher doesn’t trust strangers easily]

I frowned as I received the notification.

"Because the people around her shaped her that way, Miss." I cast a quick glance at Merea. Her expression was depressed.

"I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself first." The man's voice startled me.

I looked at him, waiting for him to finish what he was saying.

"I am Lucien Draxian, the Royal Knight sent by the Crown Prince to keep an eye on you." Lucien bowed like a knight to his master.

I froze when I heard Lucien’s words. Keep an eye on me? Was Grove so afraid of his fiancée getting hurt because of Riley’s aggressiveness?

[Lucien Draxian]

[Background: Lucien Draxian is a royal knight sent by Grove Bruke, the Crown Prince to watch over Riley Gallagher]

[Job : Royal Knight]

[Level: 1] [Experience Point.: 1%]

[Concern: ???] [Nonchalant: ???]

[Trust: ???] [Doubt: ???]

Oh, there's more information?

"Any data will be entered directly into the system. As you learn more about new things, your data will grow."

'But why is a question mark still present?’

"Because you haven't experienced how he treats you."

'So, if I feel something from my relationship, the statistics for the four feelings will be displayed?'

“That’s right, Miss!” Merea smiled back.

"My Lady?" Sorcha called my name once more.

I’ll have to be careful if I read this notification. I grabbed my brow and massaged it. My head was dizzy, but not from a fever. First, I want to learn this system. And the presence of the two of them nodded at me. Damn it.

“You’ve introduced yourself; you can leave now!” I looked at Lucien. My attention was drawn to Sorcha. “You, too! I want to be alone.”

Sorcha smiled and saluted.

“Very well, My Lady. Please eat the food! I’m leaving.” Sorcha exited my room.

I cast a glance at Lucien, who was still staring at me with a cold stare. My brow furrowed. He had the look of someone passing judgment in his eyes. That look in his eyes bothered me.

“Did you hear what I said, sir?”

He immediately saluted me and walked away without saying anything. I waited until the door to my bedroom closed. I looked over and noticed Lucien looking at me as well.

“Have a good rest, My Lady!” he said softly as he shut the door to my bedroom.

For a while, I remained silent. That man… He’s odd!

“What about Riley Gallagher’s physical condition, Merea?”

[Riley Gallagher]

[Level: 16] [Experience Points: 40%]

[Stats]

[Strength: 20] [Intelligence: 50

[Constitution: 10] [Wisdom: 25]

[Dexterity: 10] [Charisma: 5]

[Life Purpose: ???]

“There is no life purpose?” I glared in disbelief at what I saw. “How can a girl this age have no life purpose? Gosh Riley! You’re still young, kid.” I patted my forehead.

“How can she have a purpose in life if everyone around her ignores her?” Merea sighed.

“She appears to want nothing more than to survive. Waiting for something that will help her find her life’s purpose.” I sighed. “What about Riley Gallagher if I’m inside her body?”

“I don’t know, Miss.” Merea frowned.

I thought that by becoming Riley Gallagher, I was becoming her alter ego. However, I didn’t feel that girl’s presence. Where is she?

I sighed. “Never mind, I’ll follow the flow of Riley Gallagher’s life first. If she doesn’t have a purpose in life, I’ll continue her life and find my own purpose here, as Riley Gallagher.” I laughed proudly.

It was fortunate that I could repeat my teenage life once again. Remembering my teenage years in a life that was once filled with blood, gunshots, bombs, and the sound of missiles in the sky. At least, I can find my peace and live normally here.

I grinned. This is very interesting. Everyone wishes to come back to life and correct their past mistakes. Not everyone can get this chance. Although not as Riley Curtis, the mercenary. I was quite grateful that God still seemed to be kind to me to fix my wrong life in my previous life.

I picked up my bowl of porridge and looked at it. Oat meal? I scooped up the porridge and ate it.

“Hm, not bad. Luxury food for a poor mercenary.” I laughed happily.

“You’ve never had oatmeal?” Merea asked. Her face looked confused by my attitude.

"I was actually wealthy enough to buy oatmeal at the time, but I donated it all to social services. In such a cruel world, I don't need money to survive."

Merea appeared surprised by my response. "I've previously researched your world. Isn't money more powerful in that place?"

"True, but I don't want to rule a corrupt world. It's as if you had an apple and one-third of it had been gnawed by a worm. Would you eat it as well?" I reintroduced my oatmeal into my mouth. This oatmeal is delicious. "Well, you could save another quarter, but will that satisfy you?"

“At least you have tasted how sweet the fruit is.” Merea replied in a soft voice.

I knew what this little fairy meant. However, I had felt what those who salvaged a quarter of food that had not yet rotted felt. It wasn’t sweetness that I got but bitterness that pierced my taste buds.

A friend to whom I repeatedly gave my trust. Eventually became a cruel and unjust ruler. He lived peacefully on the corpses of my friends who had died because of his betrayal.

I unconsciously squeezed my bowl of porridge hard. Until my knuckles turned white. I inhaled roughly. Closing my eyes tightly, my heart beat fast, pumping blood flow to my head.

Of course, my head was instantly dizzy. This wasn’t good, that guy was making my blood boil. I should have tortured him before shooting him. Pull out all his fingernails, cut off his fingers, gouge out his eyes, cut out his tongue and pull out his teeth, or cut off his earlobes and let him rot in that warehouse alone until he died. So that I could be satisfied and die in peace.

I was still weak, killing him quickly was a favor.

“Are you okay, Miss?” asked Merea anxiously.

“Yeah, I just remember the shitty past.” I picked up my bowl of porridge and took another bite of my oatmeal.

I had little appetite, but this body needed energy to heal. Why is this my fate? I sobbed in frustration. I should be in hell. I should be punished. I was tired of living. Completely tired of looking at the rotten world.

Suddenly a knock on the door startled me.

“My Lady!”

“Come in!” I said as I took a bite of my oatmeal.

As Sorcha entered, I could see Lucien standing in the doorway. His back was to me but his eyes glanced over his shoulder. I frowned.

Sorcha then closed the door to my room again and stood up while placing both hands on her stomach.

“Lord Ervin wants to see you!” .

“Father?” I was surprised that the head of the Gallagher family wanted to see this neglected daughter.

“I have asked him to give you time to prepare to meet him.”

I paused. His child was still recovering, he should be the one here, right? What a selfish old man!

“I understand, now you come out!”

Sorcha was silent when I asked her to come out. I frowned when I saw Sorcha’s reaction.

“She’ll help you get dressed, Miss!” Merea said.

‘She doesn’t need to do that!

“That’s the job of a personal servant!” Merea replied with a frown.

I sighed. “You don’t need to help me get dressed, I can do it myself.”

Sorcha smiled. “Very well, My Lady. I will wait for you outside.”

“Go talk to Sir Lucien, he’s been watching me as if he wants to talk about something. At least with you he’s more open than with a useless noble princess like me!” I complained like an old woman complaining about someone’s annoying behavior.

I was complaining about Lucien’s attitude. He was watching me too closely, even though we had only met a few minutes ago, my chest already felt tight with his presence.

Sorcha gasped when I said my complaint.

“You’re complaining like an old woman, Miss.” Merea laughed softly as she heard my words.

I gasped. Then looked at Sorcha. The girl was rooted to the spot.

Gosh, my old woman nature! Why didn’t that system come out to warn me? My mind screamed in frustration.

13