Chapter 3 : Head of Household and Eldest Daughter of Zoldhagy
311 14 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked in the hallway of the Zoldhagy mansion with Lucien and Sorcha behind me. I was wearing a simple black dress. It’s like something from the medieval era.

The classic feel is also very pronounced. The architecture of this house is also very luxurious. The Marquess of Zoldhagy seems to be rich enough to build such a solid mansion with furniture and twisted reliefs like the palaces in France.

I stood in front of the wall and tapped it with my knuckles. If I blew it up with a grenade, what would happen to the mansion? If I use a missile, surely this mansion will be destroyed. Ah, stupid thoughts.

The Marquess of Zoldhagy seems to be a noble with great wealth. Do they have a long history in the empire?

“My Lady?!” Sorcha’s voice startled me.

I looked at Sorcha. Again, I ignored these two people. I sighed and stepped back into Ervin’s room.

Wait. I stopped walking. I didn't know where Ervin's room was.

Suddenly a hologram screen came out in front of me. Oh my, I was looking at a map of this mansion and we were on the first floor while my destination was on the second floor.

Red light flickered on the screen. Oh, is it me? I tried to keep moving towards the main staircase. The flickering red light moved. Of course it did. I smiled as I confirmed that the light did indeed indicate my presence.

Ervin’s room was at the first door near the stairs. Good. Let’s go see how old Ervin is? Am I allowed to swear at him?

Of course, I’d have to hold my temper if I met this Old Ervin. Riley Gallagher’s reputation is already not good, if I act carelessly, they will definitely lock me up again.

This body is still too weak to take that smelly, disgusting prison sentence. My old body would have been able to get through it all. I laughed softly remembering how I slept under a stuffy cave while fighting in the jungle.

I saw the main staircase. It was huge and directly connected to the main door. I also saw equally luxurious furniture in the corner of the room as well as landscape paintings on the walls. And when I looked up, I saw a huge crystal chandelier up there.

It's not the time to marvel at what’s set before you Riley.

Then, I stepped my feet on each step of the stairs. Some of the servents looked at me with disgusted and dismissive gazes. Some were whispering and giggling. Perhaps they were talking about my gloomy make-up.

I looked like the gloomy girl in the web series. Her hair was in two ponytails and she had a very gloomy aura. However, on the plus side she was very smart and didn’t care about the environment. Of course, she is very famous. Unlike you, Riley Gallagher.

I sighed. Just as I was about to set foot on the last step I was startled by a woman's voice from the direction of a room whose door was open.

I walked closer to the room and saw a blonde woman in a red dress like a mermaid dress.

The woman had her back to the door. From her body movements, I could tell she was angry at a man sitting behind his desk.

The man looked at the blonde woman coldly. Expressionless with a wrinkled face. His sleek black hair and red eyes were so very similar to Riley’s.

‘Ervin Gallagher.’ I glared in disbelief at the man. His aura was that of an armed forces officer.

I've met Army Generals, and they have the same aura. Is Ervin also a soldier?

Suddenly my system notification came out.

[Ervin Gallagher]

[Level: 20] [Experience Point: 20%]

[Background: Ervin Gallagher is the father of Riley Gallagher. The head of the Gallagher family who is very obedient to the empire. He would not hesitate to punish his children with cruel punishments, if his children endangered the lives of the emperor's family members.

Diana Gallagher, however, was very indulgent. His eldest daughter who was the future crown princess. To Riley, he seemed to be very indifferent. In fact, he immediately sentenced Riley without even listening to his youngest daughter's explanation.

Ervin was a retired commander of the Fold empire. He had won many wars. Having a child like Riley who was unreliable, to him it was a great shame]

[Job: Marquess of Zoldhagy]

[Concern: 20] [Nonchalant: 30]

[Trust: 15] [Doubt: 40]

I snorted. Who’s the real failure here? You or your daughter Ervin?

I can’t believe this. He’s neglecting his youngest daughter just because she can’t do magic. Do you have anything stronger to hate your own daughter for than this?

Ah, of course. A prominent family known as a descendant of magicians. Giving birth to a child with no ability is of course shameful.

"Lucien Draxian should have been my knight, Father! Why did Grove give the knight to Zero?" The woman screamed in frustration.

Oh, I know now what the problem is. My eyes glanced at Lucien who was standing behind me.

"His Majesty's decision is inviolable, Diana." Ervin answered very calmly.

So, is this damsel in distress Diana Gallagher?

Ervin's red eyes fell on me who was standing in the doorway.

"You! Come in!" He ordered me to go inside.

Lucien and Sorcha waited outside while I went inside, glancing at Diana. Her green eyes full of anger looked at me angrily. Jealous that Lucien became my chivalry? If she knew I was being watched because of Riley’s behavior a month ago she would definitely be happy.

[Diana Gallagher]

[Level: 10] [Experience Point: 15%]

[Background: Diana Gallagher is Riley Gallagher’s older sister. She likes to annoy Riley and is not happy to see her sister being admired by people especially among the nobles.

To Diana, Riley was a disgrace. There were some noble men who admired Riley’s simple appearance. Diana, knowing this, was furious, and she would make up lies in front of these men until they were disgusted by Riley’s existence.

Diana loved being the center of attention. She was the prettiest among the tea parties of the noble princesses. Because of this, she grew up to be a proud and arrogant noble princess. Even, to her sister who was certainly inferior to her beauty].

[Job: Daughter of Marquess of Zoldhagy and Crown Princess-to-be]

[Concern dan: 5] [Nonchalant: 50]

[Trust: 5] [Doubt: 45]

I held back my laughter when I saw Diana’s status in Riley’s eyes.

Oh my God. How old are you kiddo? Why are you still acting like an unstable teenager who is still searching for her identity like this?

“Apologize to your sister for what you did to her that time!” Ervin said without asking what Riley’s problem with Diana was.

I frowned. Then I glanced at Diana who was huddled up with a face full of emotion. She looked at me, then chuckled in annoyance.

What is Riley’s problem with her?

[Diana Gallagher had picked Riley’s middlemist red flower]

‘Middlemist red?

“One of the rarest flowers in the world,” Merea replied. “Miss Riley guards it because she knows it’s precious for its beauty. Many noble princesses coveted the flower to grow in their greenhouses. However, no one managed to take care of it. It only exists in Miss Riley’s greenhouse.”

‘Riley’s greenhouse? Meaning Riley’s property?’

“Yes, the greenhouse used to be abandoned. It is located in the eastern part of this mansion.”

The sound of a blow on the table made me startle. I looked at Ervin who was looking at me with an angry gaze.

“Don’t make me repeat my words! Apologize to your sister!”

I fell silent and closed my eyes. Picking flowers without the owner’s permission was wrong, but what Riley did was wrong too. Attacking the Crown Princess-to-be in front of the Crown Prince was against the law.

Okay. I sighed. It wouldn’t hurt if I apologized first.

“I’m sorry, sister!” I pleaded as I looked at Diana.

The woman looked away. She was still very upset. “I’ll forgive you if you give me a middlemist red and plant it in my greenhouse. Throw yours away and make middlemist red the only one in my place.” Without looking at me Diana ranted like a selfish child who wanted a toy that belonged to her sister.

"You're acting like a selfish child who wants the toy your sister is playing with, Diana!" I said as calmly as I could.

If Riley didn't hesitate to hurt her sister in front of the Crown Prince just because of that flower. That flower must be very precious to her. And this crazy woman wants it? I couldn't believe it.

"What did you say?" Diana glared at me. Her face was getting fierce.

"You're like a child who wants the toys your sister plays with, Diana. How childish." I replied as I folded my arms and sighed.

Diana walked up to me and slapped my face. I just stood still and looked at her with a flat stare. In the past, a slap like this would have no effect on me. However, because this was Riley’s weak body, the pain gnawed at my face and my head was still dizzy from the fever, so the dizziness increased many times over.

Merea were surprised to see Diana slapping me instead of Ervin. I glanced at the man and the old man didn’t flinch at all. He let his eldest daughter do as she pleased to his youngest daughter.

“Damn old man.” I hissed while glaring at Ervin.

11