And Heaven Sent
199 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Mmm.. ugh..”

“So Loud..”

It’s almost deafening.

Like sticking my head out of a speeding car.....wait what?

I open my eyes and see a light that’s blinding!

I squint my eyes immediately as the wind blew past my ears.

There was a brief flash of darkness and then wetness and then the blinding light was gone, in its place was a dim wall of grey that was quickly receding.

And then I saw it, a brief glimpse of the sun through the... clouds!

“I’m falling!” I screamed though I couldn’t hear anything, only the wind.

I flail my arms around desperately in an attempt to grab anything but there’s nothing to grab.

“Shit! Shit! Shit!”

Through all the thrashing I somehow I manage to flip over, the rain and wind now blasting my face full on.

Gritting my teeth, my cheeks expand in a comical manner but there’s nothing funny about the current situation.

I see an endless sea of green quickly approaching and my bowels have given way as I literally shit myself from fear.

“Ahhh!!”

I shield my face with my arms and close my eyes.

In the next second I feel the brush of leaves and thin branches tearing through my skin and then a crunch loud enough to hear as I spin for another second and finally a boom that knocks the breath out of my lungs, almost causing me to lose consciousness.

My momentum has stopped but it was brief, as if hung on something, possibly a thick branch, I slip and fall again for the last time and it was short too.

With a thunk, I fall onto the cold wet ground.. my mind goes blank and I sink into darkness.

A peculiar noise haunts my subconscious. It’s like the sound of crunching.. odd really.. and then there’s a tug.. like I’m being pulled.. weird.

I awaken as the crunching and pulling is getting really unbearable.

“Ugh.. “ I groan, my voice feeling raspy and.. the taste of blood.. it’s difficult to breathe.

The rain on my face is cool, but the pain is blistering like red hot pokers throughout various parts of my body.

And then I feel a tug.

I look to my left and see.. teeth. Large, red and sharp.. biting into my left arm!

I looked up to see what the teeth were connected to and saw a hideous visage, that of face full of pitch black hair with blood red eyes brimming with savagery.

It’s a wolf with curves horns!

“Ah.. ahh ahhh!!!” I can’t help but scream in short bursts, ignoring the pain and breathlessness. My screams are like a deflated balloon.

The wolf ignores my cries and continues to chew my arm away.

Thousands of thoughts flash in my mind of anything that could save me from this grisly end.

Running away? Can’t feel my legs.

Scream for help? Something’s wrong with my lungs as I can barely breathe.

Pray to god? 'Please god save your faithful servant!'.. Aaand nothing changes other than the wolf eating a bit faster. I’m still being devoured alive!

‘If I had some kind of weapon! Yes! A gun! The bigger the better!’ In my mind I imagined a revolver powerful enough to kill this fucker!'

Thoughts of seeing the bastard beast getting it’s skull blown open flash in my mind and they are satisfying

I knew these where fanciful thoughts but they were the only things comforting my vanishing sanity and then something crazy happened.

With a bright flash of white light a revolver appears in my right hand. It was heavy and solid. The steel shiny as if it were fresh from the factory and the wooden grip.. was comfortable.

The wolf had stopped chewing and was looking at my hand in disbelief, its curious mind wondering what the hell just happened, even I too wanted to know! But the revolver in my hand was trembling as if eager.. It now had a new job to do!

It was time for it to kill the absolute shit out of this wolf!

With my mouth still agape in disbelief, I raise my hand and point the barrel right at the wolf's eye.

The wolf still curious tilted its head to the side as it brought its nose in for a sniff at the object that just appeared out of nowhere.

And then I squeeze the trigger.

Boom!

The shock travels through my arm and blood splashes upon my face, the powerful revolver flies from my grip though it has done its work well.

The wolf twitches and then collapses onto its side.

“Aha.. hahaha! I did it! Hahaha” I let out a bout of crazed laughter and then abruptly cough up a mouthful of blood.

The adrenaline is now wearing off and the pain from my broken body is hitting me like a freight train.

I slump against the muddy soil as I feel sleepy.

“I.. at least.. I’m not getting eaten anymore...” I almost choke on the words as tears fill my eyes.

But I know deep down that I’m not long for this world. My body is on its last legs as my life slips away. I don’t know why this happened, where I am or even who I am..

'Am I fated to die without understanding?'

No that would be too cruel! I won’t accept this.. I’ve already come this far, why not a little further?

The worst that could happen is that I die which will happen anyway.

‘What can save me?’

There’s obviously no one around in these desolate woods, probably just more of those damned wolves.

‘The revolver!’ Now that I think about it, it really is baffling! It just appeared in my hand when I.. thought of it! 'That’s it!'

I recall the appearance of the revolver in my hand. It was strange, the moment I thought of the gun there was a sudden burst of information that appeared in my mind like blueprints, history, specifications about its measurements and compositions and whole lot of stuff I could not understand.

‘Maybe..’ A brief glimmer of hope appears in my heart. The sleepiness is now almost overwhelming.

Closing my eyes I focus and not a second later there’s something in my hand.

I open my eyes and there it is! Adrenaline!

Remnant information about it lingers in my mind..

In 1901, Jokichi Takamine successfully isolated-

‘Useless! How do I use the damn thing!'

Information flickers in my mind before I find an answer.

‘Outer thigh!’

I flick the protective cap on the needle and then plunge it into my right leg.

The sleepiness eases slightly as I feel a rush of energy, even the pain subsides somewhat. My thoughts quickly spin once again. 'Now my sole goal should be to find something capable of saving my sorry self.'

Medical instruments flicker in my mind like pages in a book.

With not a thought wasted on why I could create shit from thin air or the endless information that appeared in my mind, I focused on the various images that seemed to pass by in an instant.

‘LINAC for radiation therapy? Nope. Colonoscope? The fuck would I need that for?!’

So much information filled my mind yet there was no burden, it was as if it was always there and able to be recalled with complete accuracy like photographic memory.

It didn’t take long to find something usable as my heart jumped for joy.

The Eleanor Medicare Unit or [EMU] is an all purpose trauma care center equipped with the latest in medical technology, first built in 2085 by the Lilum corporation’s biomedical branch with mass production beginning in 2087. Controversial for its inclusion of a unique A.I for every unit instead of the server hosted A.I’s of other similar products.

The EMU’s base package has an affordable price of 180,000,000 UC[UniversalCredits] and has enough supply for two complete refits[Vitals only] Personal power supply can last for 36 hours before low energy[Solar mode] is enabled. Recommended to use industrial power supply for optimal function.

‘This is it, my only hope..’

I reached out as if to grasp something and then I felt it, far different than before, I could actually feel something flowing away from my body, something that couldn’t be recovered.

With a bright flash of light I saw the Emu.

It was an air tight glass room with a shiny chrome operating table and various mechanical arms and instruments hanging above it.

The emu shudders as its sealed door opens as if beckoning me over.

With all my remaining strength I reach my hand inside and one of the mechanical arms grabs me.

The arm was strong yet gentle as it pulled me into the EMU, the other arms easily lift me up onto the operating table.

“How may I assist you master?” A female voice echoed in my ears, it was warm and pleasnt with a slight british accent and a synthetic undertone.

With my fading consciousness I barely uttered.

“Save me..”

And then darkness.

...

“Request accepted master..”

Eleanor serial number 001 inspected her master who laid on the operating table.

“Beginning decontamination procedure..”

Eleanor’s arms move quickly and spray the human’s nude body with a special solution which clenses his body from any dirt and blood, after which an orb appeared from the center of the mass of mechanical arms.

A blue laser spewed forth from the orb and shone upon every inch of him from top to bottom.

“Initiating basic scan...”

“Identity: Unknown.”

“Age: Approximate 36”

“Gender: Male”

“Blood type: AB+”

“Neural Link: None Detected”

“Neural Port: None Detected”

“Cybernetic Enhancements: None Detected..”

“Biotic Enhancements: None detected..”

“Genetic Enhancements: None Detected..”

“Initiating advanced scan...”

“Minor cuts detected above left brow and lower jaw.. priority low.. recommended treatment.. fuso gel..”

“Minor concussion detected.. priority medium.. recommended treatment.. 500mg vivex and rest..”

“Severe mutilation of the left arm detected.. priority urgent!.. recommended treatment.. amputation..”

“Major cuts on right arm detected.. priority medium.. recommended treatment.. bio stitches and fuso gel..”

“Five broken ribs detected.. priority high.. recommended treatment.. sano gel and internal cast..”

“Punctured lung detected.. priority urgent!.. recommended treatment.. synthetic replacement..”

“Ruptured liver detected.. priority urgent!.. recommended treatment.. cybernetic replacement..”

“Torn abdominal muscle detected.. priority low.. recommended treatment.. muscle weave..”

“Spinal severance at T12 detected.. priority urgent!.. recommended treatment.. cybernetic replacement..”

“Shattered femur in left leg detected.. priority high.. recommended treatment.. sano gel and external cast..”

“Major fractures in femur and tibia in right leg.. priority high.. recommended treatment.. sano gel and external cast..”

“Class 1 blood loss detected.. priority medium.. recommended treatment.. 760ml infusion of synthesized AB+ blood..”

“Scan complete... treatment record updated..”

“Beginning operation...”

6