My Name is..
81 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finishing off the last knight, I breathe a light sigh and place the M110 down.

The humans living in the tent area seemed to have been alerted as they scrambled to put on their armor though from the moment I started shooting at the humans guarding the elves, only 15 seconds had passed.

“Whatever time they thought they had is now up..” I chuckle coldly.

I place my hands on the M2 browning’s wooden handles and with a click, my thumbs push on the trigger.

The deafening sound of gunfire burst forth from the barrel, blowing away the surrounding fallen leaves.

The recoil was easily suppressed through the tripod though I felt the shock of each round fired throughout my body.

I steered the heavy machine gun towards the tents and saw a few bursts of blood as the BMG rounds tore through everything.

A knight coming out from a tent was split in half, while two who took cover behind a nearby tree were surprised to find that it proved no obstacle to a 50 cal. After the tree was quickly cut down, they met a similar fate as their screams were all quickly snuffed out.

As I got deeper into the can of ammunition, the barrel began glowing red. That was the moment I heard a panicked shout from Eleanor.

“Master watch out!”

A glow of red entered the right side of my vision, with clenched teeth, my cybernetic legs launch me off the ground with a large jump.

As I was flying upward, a bright red scarlet light painted my vision and I felt an almost searing heat below me.

When I the midway part of the surrounding trees, my ascent slowed and then I fell toward the ground where a blast of smoke struck my face and hot air entered my lungs.

I landed in a small glowing crater, the remains of my M2 browning and M110 had turned to molten slag.

“If that hit you master, you’d be turned into ash.” Eleanor remarked coldly, though there seemed to be a hint of anger in her voice.

With my poor heart almost about to burst from my chest from the fact that I just nearly met my maker, I reply shakily. “We were almost turned to ash Eleanor. You haven’t forgotten that you’re also in the same boat as me right?”

“No I haven’t master, so please try not to die.” She said seriously.

“Don’t worry Eleanor.” My eyes sweep the area and the ocular implants quickly locate the culprit. A man about 18 meters away stares at me with undisguised hostility.

“I’m not about to let some primitive kill me..”

Unlike the knights in full armor, this man was similar to those robed humans who seemed to possess high status. Before, I didn’t know why these few individuals were so respected but now I knew.

They were mages!

“Master, this human created a fireball out of thin air. He’s very dangerous.” Eleanor warned.

I scoff. “He’s just a wizard! Apart from magic, is he any different than a normal human? Can his body stop bullets?”

The man looks at me in anger and shouts. “Holze nu feo!?”

I frown and grumble inwardly. ‘Another language I don’t know. Why can’t they all speak the same thing!?’

“Any idea what he said Eleanor?” I ask curiously.

Eleanor replied. “No master, get him to speak for another 12 hours and I just might.”

“We don’t have time for that. It’s time for my gun to do the talking.” I take out my revolver and point it at the wizard.

Noticing this, his lips seemed to move and with a wave of his staff a transparent breeze flowed around him.

Fire spouts from the revolver’s barrel sending a bullet hurtling towards him though he seemed at ease with an expression of complete confidence covering his face.

As if hitting an invisible wall, the bullet stopped an arms length from the wizard’s face.

“What the fuck...he can stop bullets!” There was clear disbelief in my eyes which the man seemed to enjoy with a smug grin.

Again I fire another 3 rounds yet they are all rendered motionless.

“Master, it seems that this human has some kind of barrier made of condensed wind surrounding him.” Eleanor said with a grim tone.

“What a fucking hack!” I grumble. Seeing the laughter in his eyes, I smile. “You seem to be so proud of stopping just a few bullets...”

I take the emergency weapon and mount it upon my shoulder.

The man seemed to be playful as he shook his head with a smile. “Ird’s yulsle..”

My eyes narrow coldly. “Why don’t you try and block this...”

With a pull of the trigger, a flash of fire and smoke shot out from the rear end of the tube. From the front of the tube, a missile shot out towards the wizard.

In the next moment, my cybernetic legs once again push me off the ground but this time it was not upwards, but the opposite direction of the missile.

The wizard seemed surprised at the oncoming projectile, there also seemed to be a hint of fear. He quickly cast another spell making the barrier protecting himself more formidable.

Seconds passed for both me and the wizard though it felt as if time had slowed considerably. With the missile inching closer and closer, I heard Eleanor’s warning.

“Master blast incoming!”

Bracing myself in the air, I cover my ears.

*Boom!

A tremendous shock hit my body, throwing me against a tree and then dust and smoke obscured my vision.

Breathing in, I couldn’t help but let out a few coughs.

Feeling dizzy, I shake my head I stand up. I then lean against the tree to gain my bearing as there was a slight ringing in my ears.

Eleanor snorted. “Master you’re quite lucky. If you didn’t have a cybernetic spine, you would have broken your back just then.”

With the smoke dissipating, I turn and look at where the wizard once stood and gasped.

There was a small crater where the ground had been completely swiped clean leaving charred dirt. The four knocked down trees nearby were the most visible reminder of the blast’s immense explosive power.

With smoke wafting from the ground, all that remained of the wizard was a few scraps of shredded armor.

My jaw dropped as I stared at the aftermath. “I didn’t expect it to be so strong.”

“Humph!” Eleanor scorned angrily. “What do you expect when firing a thermobaric rocket? Did you even listen when I asked that you don’t die? Are you trying to get me killed?”

“Sorry Eleanor.” I smile wryly.

‘The RPO-A shmel certainly lives up to its reputation as a fuel air man portable weapon equal in strength to a 107mm artillery piece. If I didn’t have that on hand, I might’ve had to take desperate measures in order to deal with that mysterious wizard.’

“Just so you understand.” Eleanor says in an almost scolding manner.

I pat the dust off of my robe, reload my revolver and say. “I think that fellow may have been the last Eleanor, lets go and make an introduction with the elves.”

I make my way towards the village making sure to check for any stragglers, though I find none. The tent area was a complete mess, the bodies which were torn apart by BMG rounds showed a grisly scene with arms, legs and viscera covering the ground.

Eventually I reached the place where the elves were being held. They were all hugging and praying fervently.

The moment their eyes laid on me, I could see the surprise on their faces.

I gave a warm smile though it seemed quite stiff, I then asked. “Are you guys okay?”

One of the elves, a handsome elf with purple hair holding a young girl in his embrace walked out and said with weariness in his eyes. “Who are you clansmen? Why are you here?”

“I am...” The words get stuck in my throat as I just realize something important.

“Shit Eleanor! What’s my name?!” I whisper.

Eleanor appears in my vision, her eyes crescents and her smile large as if she were laughing. “Your name is master, master.”

I felt my eyebrow twitch. ‘I don’t even have a name! How could I miss that!?’

“Eleanor quickly! Generate a name for me!”

Eleanor chuckled. “Right away master, using name randomizer... Naz!”

“Not that one!”

“Edgar.”

“That’s not cool enough!” I whisper.

The elves that are all looking at me seem to have suspicion growing in their eyes.

“Charlotte!”

“That’s a girl’s name! Do I look like a girl Eleanor?” I scold.

“Yes master, you kinda do..” Eleanor replied somewhat harshly.

I have no retort to that as the common elven appearance is quite feminine. Biting my lip, I say. “Hurry Eleanor, first impressions are the most important!”

“Randomizing name... Soren!”

“That’ll do!”

Before I could say my new name, there was a loud commotion. The door to the large elven house was kicked open and two came out.

It was a half clothed human who had a naked female elf tightly gripped in a chokehold, in his free hand was a knife pointing to her neck.

While the human with had a look of craziness in his eyes, the female elf looked vacant as if she had lost all the spark of life within.

The purple haired elf who was carrying the child screamed out in panic. “Lia!”

The human growled at the elves, poking the nude female elf with the knife causing a trail of blood to fall down her slender neck. They all backed away as to not provoke the human in case he became desperate.

Only the purple haired elf remained as he cried out in despair, the child in his arms screaming. “Mama!”

The human turned towards me and said with viciousness in his eyes. “Uor kunnel me borthor!!”

I don’t know what he said as I didn’t care, all I knew is that this trash needed to be taken out immediately.

As I reach for my revolver, the human’s sharp eyes catches this and he digs his dagger deeper. Just an inch more and Lia would most certainly die.

Frowning, I instead raise my arm towards the him in gesture as if pointing at him. He was alerted slightly but seeing that I was doing nothing but pointing at him, he grew angry. Just when he was about to speak again I said.

“Fire!”

Instantly, my rocket arm detached and flew free!

By the time the human could react, my hand had already gripped itself around his neck pushing him back into the house and causing it to tremble and shake, dust flying out from its windows.

Lia fell to the ground safely, both the purple haired man and his child urgently ran over to her.

The surrounding elves were completely stunned at what just happened, their eyes all open wide in shock. They all had a similar thought. ‘How did his arm do that!?'

My arm reels in, pulling the human over like a bolt of lightning. It quickly returns and with a click, it reattaches.

With my numerous cybernetic enhancements, my strength now far surpassed the normal human. It was easy to lift over 80kgs with a single arm especially my cybernetic one.

I raise the human off the ground and into the air, his neck firmly gripped like a chicken.

His face seemed to go blue from loss of oxygen, he desperately hammered at my cybernetic limb but it was like hitting a solid brick wall.

All the elves were now looking at me, even Lia who had seemed to regain some semblance of self. Her gaze firmly focused on the struggling human in my grasp. There was a madness within her eyes as if she wanted every suffering imaginable to happen to him.

I smile rather naturally. “You asked me my name, let me tell you.”

My grip tightens and the human lets out scream as my mechanical fingers sink in deeper, crushing his jaw and rending his neck until there was a loud pop spraying blood against my face.

“My name is Soren.”

3