Chapter 2: Meeting
471 5 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(One year later)

Yona trained his mana core continuously as he grew because he believed that if he started training it earlier, He would become one of those exceptional geniuses even though he knew he wasn't one. After all, he was born with memories of his previous existence.

Yona, who could now walk and wander around the mansion, was fascinated by the motions of the knights, as now he was two years old he frequently observed them in action. 

"I need to learn something from these knights and the type of swordplay I'd enjoy."

Yona murmured inwardly. 

Yona, who was hiding in the background, was asked by the knight, 

"Hello, young master what are you doing here? 

You shouldn't come here, it's dangerous." 

"Umm hello uncle Darren, can I watch? I really want to learn how to be a strong knight." 

Yona knew that the easiest way to watch was to talk like a little curious kid, and he had to do it. this was going to be the path he would take, he had to learn some techniques.

As far as I knew, Darren was an Advanced level swordsman. He positioned himself and waited for his friend Clay. He had to demonstrate his talent to the young master to gain his favour. "Alright let's do this, you better not hold back clay," Darren said. As soon as Darren said that he lunged forward and met Clay's sword. 

Clay didn't back down and their fight continued.

The battle between Darren, who was constantly on the attack, and Clay, who moved with balance continued, Darren was constantly attacking sideways it felt like the two had become blurs due to their fast motions, Yona couldn't follow their movements that much but he knew it was impressive.

Yona watched their movements fascinated, unaware that there were many complex movements and that their sparring was not at all like the movies he had seen. He thought to himself, "Wow, Clay's swordsmanship is fascinating; I may say Darren's offence is good, but in situations that take too much stamina defence is always good, Darren's already worn out and Clay looks calm."

When Clay attacked Darren, who was struggling to breathe, he struck him to the left, dislodging his sword. 

"Oh man, I tried, young master, but it seems like Clay's still got it." Darren who was hardly breathing spoke and sat on the ground 

"It's fine Uncle Darren you did your best,"  

As Yona was contemplating and evaluating the spar, his mother called him.

"Yona! Yona where are you hey Darren, have you seen Yona? Oh there you are come Yona.”

 She pinched Yona's cheeks and said you need to come with your mother, I have someone to introduce to you at the tea party You've always been holed up at this mansion, I'd be worried if you wouldn't make friends since you'd always say no when I ask u to come with me.

Yona was now dressed like one of those typical party-loving aristocracy youngsters.

"Now that I think about it, I do have a handsome but feminine face."

He was experiencing an internal crisis.

because he knew he would definitely be bullied on those school arcs in novels. He had long eyelashes, long black hair with little strands of dark blue, violet-blue pupils, and a perfect nose, which strikes up a conversation about whether he was a girl or not. On the contrary, he looked like his mother, which is one of the most beautiful women in their country.

Yona held his mother's hand as he walked with her to the carriage, 

"Looks like I'll have to put up with it."

After a two-hour voyage, they eventually disembarked.

"What! I fell asleep because I was too sleepy to familiarize myself with the road. It appears that this body is still vulnerable to the effects of carriage rides and is easily drowsy when one is unaware.“

Yona, this is the mansion of Count Alea in the Neighboring country of Demacia.

Yona scanned the area and saw all the arriving carriages and nobilities, 

thinking, 'I guess they do genuinely value each other's faces because they're dressing up only for a tea party.'

Yona entered and observed everyone smiling and introducing themselves to one another.

“Yona, Come here!“

Yona saw a beautiful woman with a beautiful young girl by her side who appeared to be around his age and had white hair and bright blue pupils that resembled her mother.

Yona wondered, 

'Is this going to be my first friend in this new world? I think I had better make a good first impression.'

“Yona this Count Alea and her daughter Elaine.“ 

Yona bowed and said, "Hello, Count Alea."

"Oh my, he's so adorable," Claire Count Alea couldn't help but pinch Yona's cheeks.

"When he grows up, this young kid who resembles you will steal everyone's hearts, Baroness Claire."

“Yona, this is Elaine. Elaine here, come say hello to Yona.“

As Yona was unsure of what to do, he simply shook Elaine's hand and introduced himself, saying, 

"I'm Yona Arden, pleased to meet you."

"He looks like a girl, Mom, is he a girl?"

Elaine asked Count Alea out of the blue tilting her head like a little kitten.

Count Alea chuckled and responded, "No, Elaine's he's not, it's just that he has beautiful features just like you"

It seemed that she was curious as to why a feminine looking person was a addressed as he Yona couldn't blame her when he first knew of his facial features either.

“I see, pleased to meet you Yona, I'm Elaine Villafrost” Elaine said accepting his handshake.

As Claire and Alea were conversing, Claire advised me to make friends with Count Alea's daughter and hang out with her. I noticed this girl was mature for her age because she didn't even look at me and continued reading the magic book.

"Hey, do you want me to show you how to manage your mana particles? 

She stared at me and responded, 

"Okay."

'This girl is a genius. I merely described to her in a basic fashion and she immediately understood half of the contents of the book.'

'While I Was Teaching Elaine, Count Alea called us to play with kids our age outside and to Introduce mee to other respective families since it was my first time going outside of the mansion.

'Pheww I finally find serenity after an exhausting day of pretending to smile and bow, even my cheeks got abused being pinched all day, and I'm never going noble parties again. Hayst.'

'That child is brilliant, Yona remembered Elaine she is already a monster, soaking up information like a sponge. This is not surprising given her ancestors are genius mages. as well as mine, so I have my fair share of talent. Despite not being a genius, my talent is above average.

While navigating through the party, 

Yona learned that when a person reaches the appropriate age of 8, a talent can awaken. This talent awakening can result in a variety of talents, including an enhanced talent for swordsmen, a higher mana pool, and other abilities that one can imagine. It can even make a person overpowered.

"I hope mine is something good"

( 5 years later )


Yona was just a few days before his skill awakening, Occasionally Count Alea drops Elaine off at the mansion to play with me as the months and years went by. since my mother was concerned because I hadn't attended any parties since that day. 

However when she comes, she only reads a book or even suddenly hugs me when im not aware, if not that she sleeps like a cat by the sides, and as far as I know, she completed the aptitude test one week after being awakened.

In this world, Nepula, there isn't a set number, but having two of your aptitudes for certain classes go above a 100% combined already scores you above genius. She has awakened the natural ability to wield ice and can even summon ice spirits. She is essentially a literal ice princess. As for her aptitudes, she has 89% for magic and 34% for swordsmanship.

Elaine would frequently look at Yona when he was training acting like a cute little cat, while either dozing off to the side or awake.

He knew he needed to progress quickly, so he planned to tell her mother to get him a tutor.

15