Chapter 6: Before enrollments
285 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time to enroll was coming.

Elaine also returned to Yona's mansion.

“Hello Yona, how have you been.” Elaine greeted him as she arrived with a smile carrying her luggage.

When Yona Saw Elaine He felt that there was something wrong with Elaine and that she felt down.

“Hey Elaine I'm fine, you seem kinda down though,” Yona said approaching her.

“You wanna spar or something.”

He didn't know how to cheer a girl up maybe if he thought getting beat up would help brighten her mood up.

Elaine took a glance before leaving and said. “I'm fine Yona I just need some time alone.“ 

Elaine was staying in Yona's mansion for as long as she wanted, and Yona's mother told her to do as she pleases and really liked that Elaine would stay as well.

It seemed like there was something bad that happened at Count Alea's mansion.

Yona couldn't do anything about it to cheer her up, but he really wanted to but even so, he still had to respect Elaine's decision to leave her alone.

'Let me just study in the library for the time being,' Yona thought. He went up to his family's private library, which was close to the garden and where they could open the window and enjoy the garden breeze.

He scanned the shelves and selected a book.

Reading it seriously for knowledge that might prove useful later on, it was said that Nepula once had an Emperor who conquered all the kingdoms, similar to what happened in China with the Qin dynasty conquering all the states, but what happened was that the emperor was betrayed, This betrayal forced the countries to split and break their peace, Yona was currently living in the country of Sonada where Demacia was its ally the country that was not hungry for power while the three traitorous countries were called Azikburn, Viaksek, and Rumpus it was known in the book that the country that Yona was living in right now lived in peace as mages always prefer peace and just focus on their research while the neighbouring traitorous countries peaked in swordsmanship.

After a day of studying, Yona couldn't resist and went to find Elaine.

Yona saw Elaine by the garden side sitting on a bench, he approached her and sat right beside her and spoke. “Elaine what happened It's not like u to be like this.”

Elaine sighed, and said, “All right Yona I'll tell you.”

'Yona was surprised he didn't think Elaine would give in that easily' He thought.

“It's my father its been 2 months and he's still missing the rumours say that he's been kidnapped for some random political stuff and as you may know our household may not have had of this status without him and my mother but he's been missing and has perceived to be kidnapped from the neighbouring kingdom to exchange for some people that are wanted in our country for their political reasons”

When Yona heard that he was surprised he didn't know people would also do that in this world. 

As far as Yona knew Elaine's father was also a Saint-level mage, just below Divine and King a Saint-level mage is said to have the power to destroy an island easily. If her father was captured it may mean that someone of his calibre set up a plan to capture him. 

He was never a fan of politics even before he died and reborn in Nepula, it was always dirty. 

He tried to comfort Elaine by speaking what was on his mind, he knew that if he spoke using words that she heard every day at her residence it would just be useless.

“It's gonna be fine Elaine I can't offer any words to comfort you but I can always lend u a shoulder to lean on”

Elaine didn't reject it and leaned on Yona till she slept, she must have been tired for days of thinking. Yona stayed there and let Elaine lean on him for as long as she wanted He didn't notice it but he had fallen asleep as well by taking this minor break of just not studying or training on something.

When he woke up.

He noticed a familiar ceiling.

Yona scanned the room and noticed a familiar silhouette and said, Elaine?

 “Oh yona you're awake Elaine spoke she was holding a magic book and sitting by the chair on his side smiling and looking cheerful without any hints of sadness from yesterday.

Yona scratched his cheek and said

“Are you fine now Elaine? I'm sorry while I was trying to comfort you I fell asleep instead”

“It's fine Yona, Thank you for yesterday.“

Elaine said closing her book and staring directly at him.

If ever you feel like your sad or anything, I'm always here if you ever feel that you need a shoulder to lean on I promise I won't sleep next time. Yona declared to elaine.

“Okay,” Elaine smiling replied.

After spending time with Elaine, she and I became very close.

During this time Yona also tried studying hard to get all the knowledge he could get, he knew that even without having much combat talent you can still make up for it through knowledge.

Knowledge can also help you create battle tactics, and knowing stuff can help you know the disadvantages and advantages in a battle.

In his sparrings with elaine, nothing really changed much. 

He was still beaten badly every time, he didn't use his latent talent anymore, and just focused on training his Swordsmanship to the fullest.  

In the last six months, he has mastered already, Measurement and Tempo to a high degree.

While his talent for swordsmanship was average, it did not hinder his learning because intelligence, in addition to aptitude, was required to cater to faster learning.

Yona was currently reading a book titled "Tactics to Defeat a Swordsman," which was written by Zephyr, an Emperor level Swordsman from Azikburn. He knew that in order to be a magical swordsman, one had to be intelligent and also be aware of certain patterns in incoming attacks. So one can use their entire arsenal.

Elaine was also sitting by his side, lying her head on the table, facing Yona. She'd been stuck to him like glue since that day.

“Hey Yona im bored what are you reading there.“ Elaine said.

' She didn't even bother to look at the book' He thought.

“I'm trying to learn some tactics about defeating Swordman Elaine, I think you should study as well Elaine in the past months. Elaine has also been studying Magic and swordsmanship her father hasn't returned yet but she's glad to hear the news that her country accepted the deal of trading their captured prisoners for Elaine's dad nonetheless her dad was a saint-level mage so he was a huge asset to the country that could not be lost.

We need this, don't you want to be at least top in the entrance exams?

“I'm not really interested in that I'll try I guess,” Elaine said she waved her hand and casted an air spell focusing on the shelves of the history area in the library. 

She took a random book about history and tried reading it. 

Yona also got back to reading. there was much information in the book about certain tactics that most Swordsman liked to use most notably indicated in the book is that they'd always like to use terrains in their battles, if one were to be a mage against a Swordman it would be a 4 out of 10 in a battle having the swordsman with a slight advantage, Swordsmans in this world can enhance their body with the abundance of mana in the environment while they do not use Mana to enhance their mind and core they use it to strengthen their bodies making them do superhuman traits like lifting an 1800kg boulder easily. Yona didn't know about this and thought that he could only enhance his core and not his body, after of reading 30mins he noticed that Elaine was poking his shoulder.

“Yona this is too boring. Elaine said.

Look Elaine, I need to focus I want to be atleast at the top of the enrolles Exam board

How about this if you get higher scores than me I'll give you 3 wishes any wish as long as i can do it. he had to make Elaine motivated he was already sure he'd win and wanted to atleast have a rival he could crush he knew he was acting childish but oh well. 

Really you'd do that? Elaine looked at him doubtfully.

Okay, I'll take your challenge. Elaine said, and used her magic to take half of the books on the history shelves and stacked them on her table.

When Yona saw that he shuddered and thought.

'I may have said something that i will deeply regret'

Author's Note: Hey Guys how are you. XD I'm sorry for this late upload I've been very lazy lately but heyy Lotm 2 was goated, I had to study how they do their dialogues and had to also see my Wife(real) you knoww. her name is Fors wall(real) been also reading some Novels aswell to study how they do their worldbuilding but heyy im trying to improve out here man, Cya later guys.🧐

8