Chapter 20: Isis
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Upon arriving at the smaller nun's private sector, Wendy places her onto the comforts of her bed, taking a moment to wrap her under the covers.

"Gosh, today was a long day." She says before letting out a tiresome sigh, sitting down at the younger girl's bedside.

"Seriously, do I really have to do that five more times? I wonder if I can get Ronny to come back and help me deal with them eventually." She thinks to herself before looking down at the sleeping figure's head. As her eyes wander on her recent companion's face, she looks over the girl's features, she notices how supple her cheeks are, her pale white skin compliments her silver hair, her big eyes that bring her whole face together, along with her long white eyelashes.  As well as small pink lips that sit lightly apart from each other as she breathes in her sleep.

"With all the compliments you throw at me, I bet you never really think you might just be cuter than me…" Wendy thinks to herself before smiling to herself, though things have felt like a rollercoaster to her recently, she had to admit that the young sister at her side did make things a little more tolerable. She brings her arms up behind her head, letting out another sigh as she stretches her back muscles.

"Geez, I just hope nothing strange is waiting for me tomorrow." She mutters under her breath, before collapsing onto the bed beside the young Sister, the exhaustion of the day finally catching up to her as she closes her eyes shut and enters into a deep slumber, resting beside the petite girl's sleeping form.

Wendy stirs in her sleep, her eyes remaining shut after feeling well-rested after her several hours of slumber. Though feeling a bit awkward in her positioning, she slowly opens her eyes to attempt to shift to a better sleeping position, but once her eyes take the view of her current surroundings, she can't help but open them up completely. Instead of seeing your everyday average bedroom ceiling like she was expecting, she is met with a cosmic, magical-looking sky. This sky was a bright galaxy purple and pinkish, with a few other colors blended into the mix. Taken aback by her sudden relocation, Wendy jolts up from her lying position on what she previously assumed was a bed. Though she found herself on a bed no longer, not even in a bedroom, as she grabbed onto the sand lying beneath her, her eyes wandered above to register her new location.

"What The…!"

"Ahh, I see you've arrived here nice and safely." A woman's voice can be heard from the imminent distance, Wendy's eyes venturing forward to view a feminine figure creeping in. This Woman was sitting on what seemed to be a tea table, she sat on top of a sandy hill, sipping on a teacup as she laid her eyes upon Wendy.

"Cat got your tongue, I would reckon you would at least have something to say after being in the presence of a Goddess…”

"Geez, not another one… I'm sorry, who are you?" Wendy mutters from the ground. The woman in question looks a bit taken aback by this reaction, before setting her teacup down on the table.

"Oh dear… do you really not know… I mean it's only been a few centuries, has my fame truly all but diminished to the point not even a demigoddess knows who I am." The Woman says, seemingly having an identity crisis with herself. Wendy, not feeling any hostility from the other woman, decides to get up from the ground and walk towards her.

"So which Goddess are you then??" Wendy says, taking a seat at the tea table the Woman designated. The woman chooses to stay silent, taking a sip from her teacup. Wendy gazes down at the tea table both girls now unanimously reside in. Across from the notable tea kettle, is a gourmet display of various cookies and sweets. More than you'd think one woman could consume on her own, Wendy looks back up at the woman with a bit of judgment in her eyes.

"The Goddess of sweets I presume?" The goddess can be seen blushing adhesively at the girl's witty remark.

"Watch your tone brat! Have you no respect, I am the Goddess of Magic, Isis!" She says screaming at the mundane girl in front of her. Wendy takes this moment to get a good look at the woman. She was notably older than her, her appearance striking the likes of a woman in her mid-20s. Her skin was dark, and the only thing darker brewing was her hair, as it was as black as a starless sky. She wore many forms of jewelry around her body, and a limited array of clothing covering her modest but simple figure. But her most notable feature had to have been the brightly colorful wings resting behind her lower back. The colors range from red to green, as the giant feather-like features rest below her chair. This woman was undeniably beautiful, a sight that could truly be described as a goddess.

"I see, so you're like Set then, one of the old Gods…" Wendy says, in an attempt to stir the conversation forward. The dark-haired woman grows a vein on her cheek.

"Little girl, what did I just say about showing respect, no matter who you're talking to, it's rude to refer to someone as old." Wendy looks back with a melancholy exterior, after taking a moment to readjust her attitude, she clears her throat before speaking once again.

"Please forgive me, it was never in my interest to upset you! It's an Honor to be in your presence, divine Magical Goddess, Isuck!"

"Isis!"

"Isosceles triangle." After smashing her teacup on the table, the previously well-refined woman is seen mumbling and cursing at the young girl under her breath. After successfully being able to break the goddess's sophisticated exterior, Wendy lets out a small, yet honest laugh.

"Hehehe~ I'm sorry, I just can't stand when people like to act all tough and mysterious, it gives me a bad vibe. How about we start over?" Wendy says, surprising the goddess with her much more earnest demeanor. Deciding to reset her posterior, she clears her throat as well and dims her eyes.

"Yes, I suppose that would be appropriate..." The two girls take a moment of silence together before one decides to speak up.

"So, my name is Wendy."

"Yes Wendy, I already know who you are actually." Wendy's eyebrow raises as she forms a perplexing look.

"You know me already, how is that possible?" The woman smiles, as she places her hands forward to lay her chin upon them.

"Because girl, I've been watching you." Wendy's perplexing look grows into a more suspicious one.

"Stocker."

"Oh don't be so coy…" Isis takes a moment to stare into the girl's eyes before continuing.

"I see, so you do have it then…" Wendy blinks nervously at the sudden eye contact this woman chose to hold with her.

"Have what…?" The goddess smiles at Wendy's sudden curiosity.

"The Primordial Origin of course." The empty cosmic space is left with silence for a moment.

"The Primordial origin?"

"Yes, the divine essence that predates the golden age of creation. To be more specific, you have obtained Her origin…" Wendy looks astonished, this new information stirs her mind all over the place.

“Her? Who are you talking about, am I not just the Spirit Goddess…?

"Hoof Hoof Hoof~ There's still so much you are not aware of I see. No matter, we have plenty of time to chat about it, but before anything, why don't you have some tea!" Wendy looks down at the kettle before closing her eyes.

"No thank you, I don't really like tea, I don't suppose you could get me some coffee though?" In an instant, a cup of coffee poofs into existence before the young girl.

"Oh, Thank you!" Wendy says, grabbing the mug.

"Honestly I don't see how one could crave such a bitter drink right after they were just sleeping, but I digress." Wendy sips the mug up to completion in a matter of seconds before putting the mug down.

"Ahh~ Thanks again, that hit the spot. Now, what was all that about an origin?"

"Yes, as I was saying, You, a being reincarnated by the Phoenix, now possess several divine factors from us primordial deities. For instance, giving you access to the spirit realm, allows you to be a medium to “Spirits'' in general. Over your crusade, you've received two additional origins, from both that dragon Goddess, as well as… My sister…" Wendy blinks for a moment before replying.

"Your… sister?"

"Yes, my twin sister, Nephthys." It was only for a moment, but Wendy could see a sad face take hold of the beautiful goddess's face.

"Nephthys… That was Set's wife I believe." Wendy says, recalling her period with the other God.

"Tsk! Don't even bring up that bastard's name here," Isis says, holding a face of absolute disgust. Wendy feels a sense of sympathy for her divine companion.

"I see, so he backstabbed you too then huh?"

"Yes he did, and as I said before since I've been viewing you for some time, I could see how he did the same to you as well. That Old god truly is more of a pain than he's worth." Wendy has no comment towards this, feeling a diverse sense of confusion from her previous associate.

"So why exactly have you been watching me you creep," Wendy says in an attempt to move the conversation.

"Yes, Well after sensing your presence reaching the spirit temple, I was able to view you upon the many spirits that naturally follow you. Not to mention, you're the one I do have a direct link with when considering your origin."

"Origin, I don't know what you're talking about…" Wendy says, anticipating to receive more answers from the Goddess.

"Haa~ I forgot you're still a novice to this whole thing. You see your origin, is just another word for your title. As you're aware, you are the Spirit Goddess, your dominant spirit being the Phoenix. The Phoenix did not only revive your body from the dead but the remnants of the origins we old Gods gave to Ra back when he began cultivating the sacred flame." Wendy takes a moment to process all this information.

"I see, so the phoenix is what gave me the spirit title, as well as Nephtys's origin?"

"Precisely."

"So what's this origin then?" Isis giggles to herself before closing her eyes.

"That, I'll keep to myself." Wendy put on a childishly angry look.

"Boo! That's gatekeeping! You brought me to this stupid empty realm just to gatekeep me!" Isis lets out another chuckle before smiling at the young woman.

"You know what, I'd say you didn't just receive her origin, but her charisma. You remind me a lot of my sister." Wendy took a note to herself, that was the second time someone had said that to her.

"Thanks, I guess…" Wendy looks up at the empty space, unable to help but to ponder who Nepthys was, and why she shares such similarities to her... Stars and rocks floating in the vast nothingness, she then ponders why a goddess would be resigning in this realm, and after a moment of watching this space, she realizes it gives off the same vibe she had received when trapped inside the spirit temple. The word "Trapped"  then goes over in her mind once again.

"Hey, are you Trapped here?" Wendy says to the goddess before her, who after being asked such a question seems a bit more anxious than she was previously.

"My my, aren't you a witty thinker… Yes, I am trapped here. But don't be mistaken, I'm resigning here by my decision..." Isis says as confidently as she can muster. Wendy blinks at the stoic woman before replying.

"Sure… So what caused you to seek refuge in a place like this?"

"To put it bluntly, I lost, and this is my penance." Taking another sip of her teacup, Isis continues.

"After a crisis involving my husband, I was in a position where I had to betray Ra, the Sun God. After my defeat, Ra banished me outside of the created universe, leaving me to roam only the spirit realm, along with worlds that comply within it."

"I see, so this realm is one you created then?"

"Yes, As the Goddess of magic, creating a spatial dimension like this was child's play for me. But enough about that, wouldn't you like to ask me something a bit more relevant to your cause?" Isis says, enticing an estranged look upon Wendy.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, the Seven Deadly Sins." Wendy's eyes look a bit surprised, but after hearing how she'd been viewing her adventure this far, calamity herself down.

" I see, yes I just started dealing with those freaks, after he who will not be named set them loose."

"Hoho~ You say he will not be named yet you still said his name in that sentence, how contradictory you are…”

“Huh!? What no I didn't mean…”

“Yes Yes, I'm well aware, I was only teasing~'' Wendy then puts on a pouty face, not being the one to be usually teased at.

“ Those demons are quite the specimen aren't they, definitely some of Aphophis's best work."

"Apophis?"

"The DemonDemon God, the lord of chaos, the serpent of evil, Set's master, Apophis." A drop of sweat can be seen leaking down the corner of Wendy's face, never having heard of a threat like this before.

"Damn, well after dealing with demons I should have known there was a big bad to the whole thing.

"Yes, he's quite evil, he wants nothing but to destroy all creation. Though I could never truly support such an evil and mindless being, certain circumstances had forced me to align with him for a short period." Wendy was curious by her meaning but decided not to press forward for her own safety.

"So these sins, do you have any idea how I can better deal with them?"

"Honestly, I'd say you're already doing a good job. The way you handled Greed was exceptional, and definitely a sight to behold! You may be a novice, but you carry yourself as someone who's been doing this for years!" Wendy finds herself blushing at the sudden amount of praise.

"Well, it was no biggie. I just got lucky he had been so prematurely resurrected.”

"Yes, that's truly fortunate for you. Honestly, if all the Sins had attained their full power as of this moment, they would have enough power to destroy the earth ten times over." Wendy gulps in fear upon this revelation.

"Are you serious? I have to fight the rest of those punks then, you’d think there'd be more people on duty too, not just me…"

"Not to worry, as you already understand, all the sins will eventually be drawn to you, taking with the gospels in your hands. As well as for aid, you’ll be receiving help very soon from some rather powerful people, I can assure you!”  Isis takes a break to continue drinking tea, after a few sips, she continues. 

“You've aligned yourself with a notable group of believers, so as long as you uphold their faith, then defeating the rest of the sins should come at ease." Wendy sits in silence for a moment, cultivating everything she's heard, and everything she wants to say to the divine woman.

"Why did he unleash them?"

"You mean Set?"

"Yes, everything was going fine at first. He even told me he had you teach him things I would need to know for my training. I thought we were friends but then he just…"

"Set is an evil God, it's in his nature to stab those closest to him in the back…" Isis says without a hint of remorse.

"Evil…" Wendy says, not to the goddess but to herself.

"In any case, setting those demons free has caused an unnatural balance in the cosmic order. So it's in everyone's best interest that you, the Spirit Goddess, defeat those monsters."

"Well, I already busted my bricks trying to beat Greed, any ideas for the rest?" Isis remains silent for a moment, collecting her thoughts before continuing.

"Though I can't provide you much aid due to the primordial Oath, I can spare you a few snippets of knowledge…" Isis says before poofing up a spell book. She pans it up before flipping through the various pages.

"I see, so yes, first Pride, then Greed, then it will be… Lust."

"Lust?"

"Yes, Lust will be the next sin. And with my spiritual deduction, I can confirm it has already arrived near your vicinity.

"Seriously! I thought I'd have more breathing room between these!"

"I'm afraid not.  As you know, the gospels will be the key to sealing them, and the believers in possession are the ones capable of breaking the sins curse upon humanity. As your fight with Greed has shown you, it's almost impossible to break free from the sin's bind once they are activated. But overcoming that sin is not the only way to deal with it. Fighting sins with virtue may be a given, but embracing that sin is not a bad tactic either."

"You're telling me, to give in to my sins?" In response to this, Isis smiles.

"Not fully, and not all simultaneously... But some sins make up the foundations of who a certain person truly is. Training to discard that will mean disowning what makes a human, human. I recommend trying this tactic with this upcoming foe, after all, what human is not inspectable to lust?" She says this with a bit of flirtation in her voice.

"I see… Well, in any case, I'll take that in stride. Thank you for inviting me here, but I really should get going now." As she says this, it suddenly dawns upon the girl that she has no recollection of how she arrived here.

"Wait, how do I get back, and on that note, how did I even get here!?" Isis chuckles to herself before replying to the abrasive woman.

"You've been in my presence for all this time and you only now care to ask that, my generation of people sure are carefree." She says this, enticing a blush from the blue-haired maiden. After finishing her laugh, Isis brings a hand forward and places her pointing finger to the middle of the girl's chest.

"As the goddess of magic, I have my ways of getting people where I want them to be. In fact, all forms of magic can be traced back to the original spells I had created centuries ago. But to answer your question, I was able to bring you here, thanks to this little catalyst." Pointing directly at the silver Ankh placed around the woman's neck, the girl looks down in astonishment.

"When did she…" Wendy says under her breath, recognizing the Ankh in question.

"With this holy relic, I can link your spirit with mine at any time, so feel free to reach out to me if you're ever in dire need. Or even if you'd like to just have a little chat, I'm here~" Wendy's vision starts to cloud, as the world around her starts to get hazy.

"What the…!?"

"Don't be alarmed, this is normal. I have good faith that you will be victorious in your upcoming trials, Wendy Tategami~" The last fleeting words from the magic goddess echo into the girl's ears, as her mind falls back into a deep slumber, for in the incoming hours when she reawakes, she will return back safely to the real world.

0