Chapter 54. Olsen’s Choice
1k 6 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aurora pulled the Flamberge Waltz out and stabbed it on the ground. A crimson magic circle immediately appeared under her feet, and the surrounding fire elements converged into a huge flaming arrow.

"Go."

With a single motion, the flaming arrow shot at the huge black snake that was still trashing on the ground.

"What a strong magic fluctuation!"

The black-robed man stopped spewing magic bullets as he sensed something coming and looked in that direction, only to see a huge flaming arrow shooting towards them at lightning speed.

"Another ambush?!"

The black-robed man was startled and hurriedly mobilized the magic power in his body to condense a thick magic protective shield in front of him. The next second, the flaming arrow flew away, passing above his head.

"That's scared me! Fortunately, this rookie mage's skill isn't that good."

The black-robed man was still rejoicing, but hearing a shrill roar coming from behind, he turned around in a snap, his eyes wide open in disbelief.

The flaming arrow, which he thought had missed its target, was now stabbed deeply into his precious Black Serpent, crucifying it to the ground.

The black snake struggled frantically for a moment in the final moments of its life before closing its eyes and falling to the ground.

[Ding! Congratulations to Player Aurora for successfully killing the Black Serpent]

[Level up to level 9. Obtaining one skill point]

"Ah! My baby!"

The black-robed man let out a heart-piercing cry. His eyes were full of hatred when he looked in the direction where the magic arrow was coming from.

"Who is it! Get out of here! How dare you kill my baby!"

He chanted the spell angrily. The black light on the wand kept flickering and turning into magic bullets that kept blasting in that direction, kicking up a lot of dust.

Olson saw the hysterical state of the black-robed man at this moment, and a gleam of joy appeared in his eyes. Could Boss have sent reinforcements to help them?

He looked in that direction, full of hope, and saw a figure slowly emerging from the dust. As the figure gradually became clearer, Olsen's heart sank slowly.

The figure that appeared in the dust was not their comrades, who had come to support them, but their deadly enemy—Aurora.

"Damn it..."

The sudden appearance of Aurora here was the last thing Olsen wished to see. He didn't believe in the slightest that that bitch would come here to lend him and his group a helping hand, considering the hostile relationship between them. The only explanation for her sudden arrival must be because…

"She is here to kill us!"

Olsen grimaced, his face contorting as if he were swallowing shit.

"It's you! You are the one who killed my baby! I must tear you apart with my own hands!" The black-robed man roared, glaring at Aurora with eyes full of murderous intent. Aurora must have burst into a bloody mist by now if gaze could kill.

"Well, I'm here, Jeffrey. I want to see how exactly you tear me apart with your own hands."

"!!!"

The enraged Jeffrey froze at the sudden mention of his name.

How did this woman recognize him? He had never met this woman before. Could it be that she was sent specifically to deal with him?

"Who the fuck are you?!"

His grip on his wand tightened as Jeffrey studied the woman before him with vigilance. If she could even call his name confidently, it meant that this woman knew who he was and was probably aware of their plan!

Listening to the conversation between the two, Olsen suddenly felt his heart turn cold. Aurora clearly knew about the existence of this man beforehand and was obviously antagonistic toward him.

Was her appearance in this forest, in this exact moment, a coincidence?

Even if he were paid a thousand gold, he wouldn't believe it at all!

"Conspiracy! This is obviously a conspiracy! We were being set up from the very beginning! They want to kill two birds with one stone!"

The hatred in Olsen's heart erupted at this moment. "Aurora, you bitch! How dare you plot against us?!"

All the Raging Tempest members who were still dumbfounded by this sudden change of situation instantly realized what happened and shot a murderous gaze toward Aurora, wishing nothing but to rush and hack Aurora at this very second.

"So what? Didn't you have fun plotting against us before? Why can't I do the same?" Aurora sneered coldly. "Are you Raging Tempest bunches know the word shame? Or maybe you can't even read or write? Shame on you, really!"

"You!" Olsen spat a mouthful of blood, it wasn't certain whether it was from his recent injury or because he was so angry that his blood vessel burst.

At this time, Claudia, Flamme and Caila also came to her side.

"Oh Lord Mage, both our party must've been schemed by this wretched bitch! In that case, I have a small proposal for you, Lord. I hope that we can join hands to kill her here. After this matter is over, we will retreat immediately, and I swear by my honor, my group and I won't tell a soul about your presence here! What do you think, milord?" Olsen suddenly shouted at Jeffrey.

"What honor still remains in you, Olsen?" Aurora sneered, glaring at Olsen with contempt. "Do you know the identity of this man? He's the scum from the Republic of Harmonia! Now you can still speak about honour? Don't you afraid of being sent to gallow?"

Republic of Harmonia!!

Olsen looked at Jeffrey in surprise, not expecting that this person's identity would be so troublesome. He hesitated for a moment before steeling his resolve. No matter what the case, he and his brother would definitely die if Aurora didn't die here.

Although his decision would make him a traitor, as long as Aurora didn't leave here with her life intact, no one would know about their little deal. Making up his mind, he shot a glance at Jeffrey, waiting for his decision.

Jeffrey instantly understood what had transpired here and nodded after a moment of pondering. "We will work together this time."

"Thank you, Milord!" Olsen said respectfully, "Brothers! Listen to my orders, we will now act together with this black-robed gentleman, and we will do our best to slaughter the Glory Mercenary Group!"

"Yes!!"

"Well if that's what you want, then I'll show you no mercy!"

Aurora drew her crimson sword, flaming tongue trailing along the path as she charged directly at Jeffrey. Meanwhile, Flamme took a leap and landed gracefully in front of Olsen, blocking his movement. Caila had already felt impatient; her tail swayed from side to side excitedly as her slit eyes sharpened like a cat looking at a mouse.

Just as she was about to jump into the fray, Claudia swung her staff in front of her, pulled her back, and simply shook her head as Caila tilted her head, looking at her in confusion.

Aurora had instructed her before to keep her eyes on Caila, preventing her from fighting recklessly. After all, she was someone that their leader had prepared as a trump card.

"Kill them!"

"They are just three girls! Let's attack together!"

When the Raging Tempest's mercenaries rushed towards Aurora, a whistling sound came from behind, startling them and forcing them to stop abruptly and turn around to look. Their expression turned dignified as they saw around ten well-equipped soldiers walking out of the bush, led by a man with short blonde hair.

"Damn it! It's Tix and the bastards from Moon Wolf Mercenary Group! Prepare for battle!!"

The mercenaries who were originally targeting Aurora shifted their attention toward Tix and his group and, in no time, rushed toward them. Soon, the skirmish between the two largest guilds in Rosewood Town began.

"Bitch! You secretly collude with Moon Wolf to entrap us!" Watching his brothers fight against Moon Wolf's members, Olsen, who was currently fending off Flamme's attacks with great difficulty, couldn't help but feel frustrated and angry. "Tix! Don't you dare meddle in our business! Are you not afraid of being exposed and getting punished by the Mercenary Association for breaking the association's rule!"

Tix, who was wiping the blood off his dagger after killing a ranger with a swift and excellent skill, looked at Olsen with disgust as if looking at a fool and said, "Although I don't want to, let's borrow your words here: Dead men tell no tales, moron! We just need to finish this cleanly, and we're good to go. Besides, didn't you also join hands with this scumbag from the Republic of Harmonia? If you're not afraid, why would we be?"

Olsen wanted to refute, but no words came out of his mouth. He knew that the stage had already been set, and there were only two outcomes in this battle… it was either us or them who would leave this forest alive.

If you enjoy this series, please consider donating via my Patreon or Kofi page, there's already up to chapter 67, ready for you to unlock!

Good day and happy reading!

48