Ch.17 H-Hello Sister
3k 6 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

April was walking around the suburb's streets with her high school friend. April is a 17-year-old girl with short chestnut brown hair and sky-blue eyes. She is 5 foot 4 inch tall with a slim body. Her appearance resembled her father more than her mother.

Her friend's name is Stephanie. Stephanie is a 17-year-old girl with straight brown hair and hazel eyes. She is 5 foot 7 inches tall with a curvy body.

Stephanie and April were planning to sneak out and go to a club after their parents went to sleep for tonight and they were planning on what to do before April had to go back home for dinner.

"So if we both have 100 dollars, we can give it to my brother's friend that works in the back of the club so we can sneak in. And I'm pretty sure that he won't ask questions since he owes my brother a favor. So, he probably is going to say yes to us, thinking he has a shot to date us." Stephanie says to April.

April nods her head to her friend, "Yeah. But if he hits on me, he'll have another thing coming to him!"

Stephanie giggles, "Awww... Like that time John tried to hit on you?"

April's face had the look of annoyance before she turned away and said, "Yeah I punched him in the face. He got the message loud and clear."

"I think you like hating boys." Stephanie says with a giggle.

April sighed and shook her head, "No I don't. But I've been unlucky with them recently. Most of them remind me of my stupid older brother... Brother? Oh God! I forgot he's coming home tonight to have dinner. Gah! It's going to be harder for me to get out of the house tonight."

"Why do you not like your brother?" Stephanie asks her friend.

April looks down to the ground and avoids eye contact with her friend.

"I don't know! I just don't like him getting all the attention. He's my brother but still. All I ever feel from my parents is how great he is."

"Huh? You feel? Don't you mean hear?" Stephanie says with curiosity.

"I don't know. It's like I can feel my parents' thoughts. I started feeling it when I turned 12 years old. And it’s not only my parents. I can feel the thoughts of others too." April answered with a confused expression.

"Oh!? Like John? That's cool. I wish I knew what people were thinking." Stephanie says with excitement.

April thought about it for a moment before saying, "It's kind of creepy actually."

*Vibrate! Vibrate!*

April's phone is vibrating.

"It's my mom calling me. I gotta run." April says to Stephanie.

"Okay. Tell me if you can't make it out tonight... Alright I'll see you around April." Stephanie says as she walks away from April.

April answers the call and hears her mother's voice on the other line. <Hi baby! Your si-brother's home and I was wondering when you'll be home?>

'Alex is home! He better not have helped mom with dinner!' April thought is anger.

"Hey mom. I was heading home right now. I think I'm 15 minutes away? Do you need me to help you with dinner?" April asked her mother.

<Oh no. I'm fine. Alex helped me. So, no rush. Unless you want to buy soda at the corner store?> Gloria said.

'Dammit Alex! You will not steal mom away from me!' April thought angrily.

"Nah. I haven't seen Alex yet. So, I'll head straight home. I'll see you soon mom." April replied on the phone.

<W-Wait honey! There's someti> *BEEPS*

April hung up the phone and quickly walked down the sidewalk making a b-line home.

"I told him not to do anything with mom or dad, but no. Alex just doesn't get it! Gah! Why did I have to have a older brother!" April shouted angrily to herself.

***

"Well, that was weird? April hung up on me before I could warn her about you honey. I'm sure it was a misunderstanding though," Gloria said.

Alex on the other hand wasn't so sure. She knows that her sister doesn't like it when she tried to help her mom and dad in the past. And she feels the wrath of her younger sister as if a storm was coming down on her. Alex is afraid of what her sister might do this time.

"I-I don't know mom. April seemed unhappy when you told her I helped you." Alex says with a worried look on her face.

Gloria looks confused as she says, "I don't understand sweetie. You know your sister is acting strange these days. But we all know she's a teenager and tends to act up."

"Hey babe. I'm here with you." Mark said as he walked over to Alex.

"O-Okay... But I'm telling you she's mad. Just don't be surprised." Alex said.

"Don't worry about it, we got this," Mark said as he rubbed Alex's back.

Alex was looking towards the window thinking about how angry her sister is going to be at her.

***

After 15 minutes of walking, April made it to the house and entered the living room where she saw her mother.

"Mom? Where's my brother? I like to talk to him about the homework." April asked.

Gloria looks around the room to see where she should sit with April, then she sees a spot on the couch.

"Sit here sweetie. I need to talk to you about her-HIM. Talk about him." Gloria said.

April sat down on the couch with a curious look on her face.

"Is something wrong?" April asks her mom.

"Well something happened to Alex. Nothing bad I might add," Gloria begins.

"What's wrong with my brother?" April asks curiously.

"Like I say it's nothing bad, I promise. And there's no getting around it. He is no longer a he. If you know what I mean..." Gloria says with a serious look not knowing how her daughter would react.

April puts her head in her hands and groans.

'Alex you clever jerk!' April thought to herself. 'So, you think that you can escape my anger by hiding behind being trans. God, I can feel how proud mom is of her favorite child!'

"Yes, I know. I kind of figured it out already. Thank you for letting me know mom." April said, trying to act calm and cool.

"Huh? Y-You knew Alex is a girl? When did you find out? How?" Gloria asked in a confused tone.

"When did I find out? Ah. Um? A few weeks ago, actually. Yeah, I was letting my brother tell you on his own time." April asked with a loud voice.

Gloria was really confused by her daughter's statement.

'Why is April calling Alex her brother still? And Alex said she changed a week ago.' Gloria wondered.

"You meant sister? Right?" Gloria asked.

"Uh, yeah. Sister. I meant sister. So, um. Yeah... I'm going to talk to Alex right now. Thanks mom!" April said angrily.

"Well, she is in her bedroom with her boyfriend. April? I think you're lying about knowing your brother changing into a woman. So, don't make a scene when you see her." Gloria asked.

"I'm not lying mom! You know me better than that! I-I'm just going to have a- sisterly chat. Ok?" April said, sounding very upset.

April walked to Alex's bedroom door leaving her mom back in the living room.

'Great! I looked like a lunatic in front of mom! You're going to pay for that too ALEX!' April thought to herself.

April knocked on the door and waited for a few seconds. That's when she heard a female voice coming from the other side of the closed door.

"A-April? Is that you?" Alex asked nervously.

'Tck! Not a bad female voice Alex.'

"Yeah, it's me! Just come out so we can talk about this!" April said impatiently.

There was some muttering happening in Alex's room.

"Are you sure about this? I think we should take things slowly, April." Alex asked cautiously.

"Hmph! Open this door right now ALEX!" April demanded loudly.

"It's okay." Mark said to Alex.

'Well, at least we’re pulling off this band aid quickly.' Alex thought to herself as she reached for the doorknob.

Alex opened the door and stared at her sister.

'Time for some payback you piec~' April's thoughts were interrupted when she lay her eyes on a stunning redheaded beauty in front of her. She was dumbstruck.

April stood still staring at Alex.

"Um, hi sis. Are you okay?" Alex asked.

"Um... I-I... Um? H-How are you?" April stuttered in shock.

"Oh, um. Well, a lot of things have changed? I mean, it's a really long story. And I don't want to bother you with it, but, umm, well, how have you been? How is school? I've been meaning to call you since I got here." Alex said nervously.

"U-Um... I? Is it fine? H-Hey I'm going to go back to my room to rest a bit... W-We can chat about this later." April's brain still wasn't fully functioning after seeing her brother now turned sister.

April excused herself and walked to her room a few doors down.

"Well, she seemed shellshocked? At least she didn't yell at you like you thought, babe." Mark said as he walked up to his girlfriend.

Alex sighed deeply. 'This is going to be a long night.'

That's when Mark and Alex saw the twins follow April to her room while they looked at them with a confused expression on their faces.

"Don't worry mother. We'll help aunty April." The twins spoke in unison.

"Should we try and stop them?" Mark asked.

"I don't know if we can stop them. Haah... We can only hope they don't do anything weird to my sister. Come on, let's hangout with my mother until whatever happens blows over." Alex said as she took Mark by the hand.

***

21