Fixing the village’s problem
592 12 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, you've noticed, huh?"

"Of course, it's rather obvious," I replied with a smug grin.

"Of course, she's aware. What do you perceive Her Majesty to be? You should, in fact, be grateful that Her Majesty approached you and asked you to serve her," stated Leila with pride and reverence, interrupting our conversation.

"Grateful? You've got an interesting way of looking at things," replied the hobgoblin girl with a hint of curiosity as she looked at Leila.

"Indeed, you should. I mean, how many chances in a lifetime does one get to serve a being as great as me? You should have been overjoyed," I added to the conversation with a touch of narcissism.

"Now then tell me what problem does your village have?, I mean you are decently powerful, you should have been able to fix a problem that involved fighting." I asked while changing the topic of the conversation

"The problem can't be fixed with sheer strength. We're dealing with a plague infesting the village, after all," she responded with a sad tone 

"A plague, huh?" I replied with a disappointed tone

'As I thought, the people look really sickly after all. But I can't help but be disappointed. Why couldn't it be a fight or something?' I thought as a unconsciously released a sigh of disappointment

"Is everything alright, mighty one?" asked the hobgoblin girl, her expression revealing concern.

"No need to worry. Regarding the plague issue, I can easily resolve it, but as you know, nothing is free in this world," I stated with a subtle narrowing of my eyes.

"Of course, we would do anything for you to solve this issue!" she replied with desperation

"I came for one thing again – for you to serve me. If you kneel right now and offer your loyalty to me, I will fix this issue in a heartbeat," I declared, releasing a bit of my [Demon Lord's Wrath]. This resulted in colorful dots in the air, which I assumed were mana particles condensing around me, and a colorful yet menacing aura emanated from my body.

Hearing this, she kneeled before me, and the two Hobgoblin men behind her followed suit. She then bowed her head, hitting the ground hard enough for it to crack under the pressure.

"We offer our utmost loyalty and devotion, master. So please, save my people from this plague," she said with an emotional tone.
"Alright, it's settled. Now then, tell me your name, girl," I said with a satisfied tone.

"My name is Telónia master"she replied with a respectful tone, still kneeling

"Telónia, huh? A beautiful name for a beautiful girl," I complimented with a touch of flirtation, evoking a blush from her.

"And now, let me introduce myself. I am Celeste Valentine, the head of the Valentine vampire clan, the sin of lust, the virtue of patience, and the supreme ruler of the Valentine Queendom," I declared with a prideful tone.

Telónia looked up, her eyes wide with a mix of awe and reverence. "It is an honor to be in the presence of someone as strong as you, Master Celeste Valentine." Telónia looked up, her eyes wide with a mix of awe and reverence.

I chuckled, reveling in the admiration. "Rise, Telónia. You and your people are now under my protection. I will deal with the plague as I promised, but remember, I want this loyalty to be something eternal"I said as I faced the direction of the village

As Telónia and the two Hobgoblin men stood up, a sense of relief and gratitude washed over them. The surrounding air shifted, and I focused on channeling my powers to remove the plague that had befallen their village.

"[Skill Creation]: I desire a skill that enables me to cure all types of diseases and infections," I thought to myself, anticipating the result.

*DING* 
 
Skill Created [Asclepius's Aura] 
 
[Asclepius's Aura]: A formidable skill enabling the user to heal and cure all biological beings categorized as allies through the utilization of mana. Its capabilities extend to mending wounds and diseases caused by god-ranked beings, requiring physical contact between the user and the injured entity. Moreover, the skill scans and logs all encountered diseases in a comprehensive database.

"Lead me to the sick people," I commanded.

"Yes, Master. Please follow me," she said, walking through the village gate and urging us to follow.

-----------

After a bit of walking through the desolate streets of the village, we arrived at an area in front of the largest building. Here, a multitude of sickly people sat on white mats on the ground, writhing in agony and coughing violently.

'[Asclepius's Aura]' I muttered as a slight divine light green energy emanated from my body to the sick people. After a bit of exposure to the energy, all the people stopped coughing and writhing on the ground.

"Ehh, I feel fine," one of the villagers on the ground muttered while looking around with a surprised expression.

The villagers, who had been previously writhing in pain, now slowly began to rise, their expressions transitioning from anguish to astonishment. As the skill took effect, a murmur of disbelief and gratitude swept through the crowd.

"Master Celeste Valentine's power truly knows no bounds," Telónia whispered in awe, her eyes fixed on the healed villagers.

I nodded, pleased with the outcome. "Remember, Telónia, this is the kind of protection I offer. Serve me faithfully, and your people shall thrive."

Telónia, along with the villagers, continued to express their gratitude, their faces reflecting a mixture of relief and newfound hope.

After a while, with the villagers shedding tears of joy, Telónia kneeled before me, and the villagers followed suit.

I could sense the shift in the dynamics of power, the villagers now looking up to me not just as their savior from the plague but as their new ruler.

"Master Celeste Valentine, we pledge our undying loyalty to you. You have saved us from the grasp of the plague, even after we disrespected your esteemed self. We are yours to command." Telónia, with a deep reverence in her tone, spoke on behalf of her people.

I raised an eyebrow, acknowledging their submission. "Rise, my subjects. Your loyalty is noted, and under my rule, you shall find prosperity and protection. Telónia, you will be my representative in this village, ensuring that my will is carried out and my influence in the forest increased."

With the villagers now acknowledging me as their ruler, we began the process of integrating the village into the larger structure of the Valentine Queendom. We laid out plans for resource allocation, and the establishment of a local governing body with Leila's help, she is experienced in that department after all, which makes her my primary candidate for my prime minister position.

Now we were sitting in Telónia's house discussing how to control the intelligent monsters in the forest as fast and efficiently as possible while drinking some tea that Telónia offered us

"I think you are the one for the job of uniting monster tribes, Telónia." I stated while looking at her with a slight calculating smile

"I don't think I am capable enough for this task your majesty"she replied with surprise 

"you are not right now, but I can make you" I reply 

[Authors's note:I know this chapter might be a bit boring and disappointing, but it is important for future chapters and I have created a discord server if you are interested in joining here is the link : https://discord.gg/mqpfBrDp]

 
 
 

 
 

 

19