HEADS UP WARNING.
605 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey all, I just wanted to give you all a heads-up about the future chapters in Volume 1 and Volume 2.

These chapters are in a rough alpha state from here on out. 

What does that mean?

Well, it just means that there are way more grammatical mistakes. Like, wrong words, messed up sentence structure, and other issues that will have you trying to decipher what I meant.

So why are you telling us this?

Because I'm trying to fix them from here on out. I'm trying to fix one chapter a day if I can. But there's life stuff that's making it a little tougher for me to plow through them promptly. I'll explain why later.

Why are the chapters in a rough state in the first place?

There are multiple factors for this. The biggest culprit is my dyslexia. It makes me write down some words that are similar to what I wanted to write or even funner is when I miss a word in the middle of a sentence and I don't realize that I've made these errors until I hear a read back. 

Another reason is I leaned in on spell check apps that I thought would catch my most glaring mistakes. But those apps didn't catch everything and I didn't know for a long time because I was way too trusting in them.

And the last major reason is, I was not as good as a writer as I am now. This story is the first time I've ever written anything. And I feel like I have a good vision for what I want the story to be. But I lacked experience and now that I have it, I'm trying to correct my past chapters.

How did I find out that your past chapters were in an Alpha State?

Well, I found out after I tried to use Elevenlabs. An Ai voice generator. I thought it would be cool to make an audiobook out of my work. And I thought my first chapter was rock solid at the time. But when I hear it being read back to me. That's when I was like "Ho boy! I need to fix this!"

So, I've been on and off trying to slowly fix them while adding more chapters. 

Why is it taking so long to fix them?

The first thing that holding me up is I'm a stay-at-home dad with a baby. So my time is very limited for writing. Second, I have Patreon members who wish to support me and I want to give the newer chapters so that takes up more time for banging out my earlier chapters. And lastly, I need time to generate voice renders on all of my chapters and have to listen along so I can hear my mistakes. It adds on more time for the editing side of things but it makes it so much easier for me to find most of my mistakes that Grammarly misses. So I can correct them to the best of my ability.

Are all future chapters in this Alpha State?

No, volume 0 and volume 3 chapters have gone through my new pipeline for editing. So, they are in a MUCH better state. And it will be a smoother reading experience than the untouched Volume 1 and Volume 2 chapters.

The whole reason for writing this post is to give you a proper heads up and I want to say that I appreciate your patience in reading through these upcoming chapters while I get the time to fix them. 

You're all the best and one day I will delete this post once everything is in order.

Cheers!

8