Chapter 3 – First Steps
1.1k 9 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

Another year went by quietly as I adjusted to this world, I turned three years old, we had a celebration with that but I wouldn't call it a party, it was just a dinner a little better taken care of than usual, but still it felt like my parents were celebrating my birthday, also, I was already able to walk, at first my parents thought this was extremely strange so I decided to pretend that I had fallen down on the spot, probably because they thought I was training to start walking, and a month after showing them that I was trying my best to walk I decided it was time to show them that I had made it.

"BRED, COME SEE OUR REN, HE FINALLY MADE IT"

Shouted my mother as she called my father looked at me in amazement, I had gotten used to these eccentric parents so I didn't even care anymore, they practically had this reaction to anything I did, again, heavy footsteps could be heard approaching where we were standing, I wondered how many times I had heard those same footsteps, as soon as my father arrived his eyes lit up when he saw me standing there, it felt like he was fulfilling his dream or something, as I thought about it my dad and mom opened their arms and started calling me.

"Come here honey, mommy knows you can do it"

My mom said.

"Come on sonny, daddy will be waiting for you with mommy"

Said my father, i open a smile in my mind that is not conveyed to my childish face and immediately start walking towards my parents, it wouldn't do any harm to hold this moment for them, besides, this will be a good memory for both me and them, i start walking slowly towards my parents, their eyes remained hopeful while I could see the nervousness on their faces fearing that I would fall again, being honest it was impossible for me to fall, I had been walking for over a month so I already had enough confidence not to mess it up.

"Come on honey, you're close"

said my mother encouraging me, as soon as I got close enough my mom and dad hugged me with all their might, that warmth again filled me with happiness, I loved those moments with my parents.

"Mom knew you would make it Ren"

My mother said as tears of happiness fell from her face, my father put his hand on top of my head and started to mess up my hair, seeing their smiles made me truly happy, they were the people I loved the most at the moment, both for giving me life and for raising me with love and care, but that doesn't mean that I forgot my old parents, I will probably be grateful for them all my life, a few weeks later while walking around the house I started to notice something, apparently not everyone was literate, I took as reference my mother who could only read basic things and my father who could neither read nor write.

I don't know why, but as soon as I saw the letters of this world, I could understand perfectly what was written, and whenever I wrote something it came out with the language of this world, this doesn't mean that I couldn't write with the languages of my other world, i could speak three languages, Japanese, English, and Russian, if I wrote thinking about the language in which I wanted it to be written, it came out in the language of my old world, if I simply wrote without thinking much about the language, it came out in the language of this world.

My parents sometimes saw me writing in Japanese around the house, but they probably thought I was drawing random things since from their point of view what I was drawing looked like symbols, also now that I could walk relatively well, I would spend a lot of time at the window in my house, usually I would stop by the window and call out to my mother, she would soon understand what I wanted to do so she would take a box and put me up there, you might be wondering why my mother would leave me on top of a box without worrying about me falling, the truth is that my parents probably already understood that I was not totally ordinary, or rather, they probably think I have an above average intelligence, so they also know that I have a good understanding of things.

Anyway the purpose of all this was to finally see what it was like from the outside, apparently, we live in a small town that doesn't even have 1000 inhabitants that is located 2 days away from the kingdom, once a week a man comes to our small town with a cart pulled by an earth lizard wanting to negotiate things, these are the moments I most look forward to since usually the man brings news from inside the kingdom, as I was leaning against the window watching the movement of people outside huddling to buy the man's goods a conversation suddenly starts.

"Hey do you have any new news about the newborn princess?"

A woman asked the man.

"Let's see... even though she is only three years old she is being considered the most beautiful princess on the continent, it is said that she is so beautiful that no matter who sees her will fall in love instantly"

said the man.

"They say that her silver hair is as beautiful as the falling snow and her golden eyes shine brighter than yours at your peak"

this story was really getting interesting, although I don't think I will ever have any contact with the princess that doesn't mean I'm not interested in things like that, I am a man after all, who wouldn't want to have a girlfriend that everyone says is the most beautiful on the continent.

23