Chapter 21 – Getting to know the royalty of Solaris
564 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

As soon as I came out of my daze, I seized myself and knelt in front of the king and his sons, I'm sure I must have been extremely rude but he didn't seem to mind.

"You may raise your head"

As soon as the king said this, I lifted my head and looked in the direction of the king, with that I could see where Arisa was, she was a little further down wearing a white dress, being honest it was kind of strange to see her wearing a dress but that doesn't mean it didn't suit her, in my opinion she looked quite beautiful, she looked at me and gave a wave of her hand while keeping a smile on her face.

"My sister told me that you possess some degree of medical knowledge, is that true?"

Asked the king drawing my attention to him again, being honest I was afraid, I finally realized, if I do anything wrong, I can be killed, maybe even my family will have to be killed along with me, but even though I had already made up my mind, I will go all the way, and more than anything, I want to see her smile.

"Yes, that is true, Your Majesty"

As soon as I answered that the king's eyes seemed to become more alert, his sons also seemed to be talking something but from where I was standing it was impossible for me to hear.

"You do know what can happen to you and your family if we find out that you are lying don't you?"

"I am aware"

I knew very well what he meant by that, but that would not be enough to frighten me, I have confidence in my knowledge, after that he kept looking at me for a few seconds, it seemed like he was analyzing me, I think he is trying to figure out if I was really telling the truth or not.

"Very well"

Saying this the king turned to Aria.

"Aria, may I ask you to take him to the waiting room again, I will notify the royal doctors about this"

"And of course"

Answered Aria with a big smile, after that Aria and I were walking back to the waiting room.

"Why did you disappear out of nowhere?"

"Huh? Well, because my brother wanted to test you"

"Test me? but why?"

When I said that Aria looked at me with a suspicious look, she really didn't seem to believe that I hadn't understood the reason.

"You really don't know?"

Aria said with an accusing look, i could think of a few reasons, but there was one that stood out and fit the current situation.

"Several people came before me saying they could cure the queen"

As soon as I said that Aria showed a satisfied smile.

"Exactly, most of those people started talking nonsense when they came under pressure, my brother wanted to see if you wouldn't give in to the pressure and start making excuses"

"I see, I hope I do well"

I said with an unsure voice, there was no way I wasn't, my family could also end up dead because of my mistake, but letting a person die when they could have been saved simply because of fear and something I wouldn't accept, in this life I would live by my beliefs.

"You don't have to worry so much"

Aria said beside me.

"I recommended you because I trusted your intelligence, I think you already realized but I don't see you as a child anymore"

After saying this she looked at me with a serious face.

"Show me that I wasn't wrong"

After that Aria took me to the waiting room where we stayed there for some time, Aria told me a little about the queen's symptoms and that gave me several ideas of why she was unwell, while we were talking in the waiting room a maid opened the door and told us that the queen was ready to see us, this time Aria went with me which made me feel much more at ease, we walked through the castle until we came to a door, that seemed to be the room the queen was staying in.

As soon as the maid opened the door Aria and I entered drawing the attention of everyone inside, there were about three people examining the queen and some people wearing clothes with good fabrics, the king and his sons were also present, I assumed that those examining the queen were the doctors and those looking at the situation were some nobles, i started walking along with Aria to get closer to the queen.

"Tsk"

As I was walking, I heard a noise coming from one of the men who seemed to be the nobles, as soon as I looked at him, I felt something strange from that man, he seemed to be extremely angry about something, moreover, the way he was looking at me, you could tell he hadn't liked me at all, well, I can even understand him, they want a child to try to cure the queen, I think I would also be angry if I were in the same situation as him, ignoring what had happened I stopped a little away from the queen, Aria had told me that as soon as we entered, I was to wait at a certain distance until the royal doctors finished examining the queen.

After a few minutes the doctors stopped examining the queen and looked at each other, they shook their heads to the side, apparently, they had no idea how to treat the queen, the king and his children's faces turned extremely dark at this, as I was lost in thought looking at them Aria tapped me on the shoulder bringing me back to reality.

"Your turn"

When Aria said this all eyes turned to me, I could tell exactly what most of the people in this room were thinking, and they sure weren't very good thoughts, they were probably thoughts like, why did they bring a child here...do they really want to let him examine the queen, but there was no way they could say that out loud, they couldn't do anything to help the queen, insulting me would only lead to a possible cure not being possible anymore.

My dear readers, I must apologize to you, this arc that we entered in solis was supposed to be longer, but as I have the habit of doing the chapters and not saving a power outage here at home made me lose almost all of this arc, and as I was already entering another ended up forgetting most of the scenes, if you find this arc rushed and because of this, I sincerely apologize to you for this my mistake, now I'm saving whenever I can so that this does not happen again.

17