Chapter 183 – Meeting
45 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

"Well, well, patriarch leader, to what do I owe the honor of your visit to my humble abode?"

The voice echoed from Patriarch Jun, who settled in front of Yu. An enigmatic and friendly smile adorned his face. As always, Yu couldn't decipher Jun's thoughts, but it was precisely this uncertainty that had brought things to this point. Determined to resolve the situation once and for all, Yu was willing to take drastic measures.

Despite his fondness for Jun's parents, Yu knew he needed to hold him accountable. He always kept his private life separate from his public responsibilities. With that thought in mind, Yu glanced briefly at Huang, who, upon noticing Yu's determined expression, nodded before discreetly leaving the room.

"I hope my unexpected visit hasn't interfered with your affairs, but I really needed to talk to you about something"

Said Yu, turning to Jun. At that moment, one of the doors opened, and servants entered, bringing a cart with teas and treats. The servants delicately placed the dishes on the table and, after a brief bow to Jun and Yu, left them alone to continue their conversation.

"Imagine, patriarch leader, I am honored to receive your visit. I just wish you had given me advance notice next time. Unfortunately, this was all I could prepare, as your arrival was so sudden"

Said Jun as he delicately picked up one of the cups and brought it to his lips. In the meantime, Yu discreetly observed Jun. Even though Jun was involved in so many wrongful activities, he showed no signs of remorse or apprehension. It was as if he was confident he wouldn't face any consequences for his actions, even in front of the patriarch leader.

"Is that so?"

Yu said, keeping his composure.

"Well then, I'll get straight to the point"

After a brief moment of silence, Yu followed Jun's example and brought the tea to his lips. The room remained silent for a few seconds, creating a tense atmosphere. Then, Yu continued.

"Jun... you're carrying out actions behind my back, aren't you?"

Hearing Yu's question, Jun raised an eyebrow in doubt. No matter how much Yu watched him, Jun seemed genuinely puzzled.

"What do you mean by that? I really don't recall doing anything the patriarch leader doesn't know about"

Hearing those words, Yu felt genuinely confused inside, wondering if Jun was really doing all those things. Even though Huang had verified, Yu thought it might have been a mistake on her part. However, something about Jun's smile seemed suspicious. Jun had always had a sharp intuition, and it kept buzzing during that conversation. Something was definitely amiss.

"Are you lying to me, Jun?"

Yu asked, his gaze stern as he stared at Jun's face intently, but Jun's response remained steadfast.

"I would never lie to you, patriarch leader. I swear on my family's honor, along with the names of my parents, who rest in Tian"

Hearing these words, Yu became incredibly angry. Of course, his face still showed calmness and serenity, but inside, he burned with hatred. Although Yu didn't know the reason, he was certain Jun was lying. And the fact that Jun used his parents' names, who were such good people, to lie only increased Yu's anger. He wanted to arrest Jun right now, but he needed to wait for Huang to return so that the evidence could be laid out on the table. With that, Jun wouldn't be able to escape.

After some waiting time, the door was finally opened again. This time, it was Huang who had arrived. As Yu turned, he noticed a strange look on Huang's face. When their eyes met, Huang shook his head sideways, surprising Yu.

(Huang, didn't you find anything?)

Yu was visibly surprised to realize this, an expression that didn't go unnoticed by Jun.

"Is something the matter, Patriarch leader?"

Hearing this question, Yu turned his gaze to Jun. The calm and serene smile still adorned his lips, but it only increased Yu's certainty that Jun knew he would be there today and, therefore, concealed all the evidence that could incriminate him.

"No... it's nothing, I just came to confirm if you weren't doing anything without my authorization today, but since you denied, I will take my leave"

After saying this, Yu finished the tea that had been served and stood up. He then walked to the door, casting a brief glance at Huang.

"If you need my assistance with anything, don't hesitate to call me, patriarch leader. My family is always willing to cooperate"

Jun's words made Yu pause briefly. He turned, finding Jun's smiling face.

"Then, if the opportunity arises, I will ask for your help"

Saying that, Yu and Huang left the room, leaving Jun alone. A few seconds later, Jun's expression completely transformed, assuming a serious and sinister appearance.

"I'm glad you're so naive, Patriarch leader. Even knowing what I'm doing, you don't have the courage to arrest me without concrete evidence"

Jun said, a triumphant smile crossing his face. Just as Yu thought, Jun was truly plotting behind his back. He was the first to discover the new continent and, therefore, became greedy about what he could find there. As he investigated, he discovered more and more, fueling his unbridled ambition. Jun aimed to rule the entire new continent, desiring absolute power for himself.

While pondering his plans, Jun moved carefully toward the bookshelf that adorned his office. After touching a specific sequence of books, a creak echoed in the room, and the bookshelf began to move. Slowly, Jun entered a dark corridor that led to its end, where two candles illuminated the space.

Inside the cells, men dressed in black were chained, stared at by Jun with a wicked smile on his face. Jun had already been informed about these men, but he kept them alive in hopes of obtaining more information. Unfortunately, this strategy hadn't yielded results.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

2