Chapter 196 – Continental battle (3)
39 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

While Ren's plans unfolded, Patriarch Jun found himself in a room, his eyes fixed on a meticulously hand-drawn map. The careful details indicated that the map had been created by a professional.

In the room, besides Jun, were other patriarchs who had allied with him after hearing his plans. Aware of the risks involved, they couldn't contain their greed. They all dreamed too big and knew they would never achieve their desires if they continued to serve the leading patriarch in their current lives.

None of them even considered the possibility of being defeated; this idea didn't cross their minds. They firmly believed the plan would work. Even if the leading patriarch tried to intervene, they knew he would hesitate because the place wasn't empty. Besides soldiers, common people like maids, cooks, butlers, and many others occupied the location, forming a barrier that prevented rash actions.

One of the distinctive features of the leading patriarch was his benevolence and passivity. Taking advantage of it until now, the allied patriarchs knew this period of advantage would reach a limit. They were all aware that the imperial soldiers were the most powerful. If the place was invaded, they wouldn't stand a chance. Their dreams would be crushed, and they, along with their families, would face imprisonment or even be sentenced to death by beheading.

In that tense atmosphere, the door opened, and a guard entered, immediately becoming the focus of all patriarchs' attention. The pressure was palpable, and he felt crushed. Despite being a soldier, his rank was one of the lowest, and honestly, he had no desire to be there. Summoned to that meeting, he barely knew what they were fighting against.

Although he had heard about a continent beyond the storms, who in their right mind would believe that? His mother used to tell stories when he was a child, saying that if he wasn't a good boy, the other continent would take him away. Anyway, he preferred not to dwell on those thoughts. His duty was limited to delivering messages, and he didn't want to get more involved in this matter than necessary.

"Tell me the current status of the situation. By this point, they should have managed to reach the other continent"

Hearing the Patriarch's words, the soldier stepped forward and immediately began his report.

"Some of our forces have managed to reach without issues, sir... But we are encountering resistance on the other side. It seems we'll need more time and more supplies if we want to take the kingdom swiftly"

The soldier reported, maintaining his posture in front of the Patriarch. The soldier's words caught Jun off guard as he didn't expect to hear this.

"Absurd! Are they really being cornered by those fools, even with our advanced weaponry?"

Jun's expression was one of pure anger. He had spent a long time studying the technology from the other continent, so he knew they didn't have any firearms. They were at best fools fighting with swords or fists.

"That... it seems they also have firearms. Moreover, reports say that some of them can fire bullets in succession"

The soldier said, maintaining his serious expression. Hearing the soldier's words, Jun was astonished. It was hard to believe they had developed this technology so quickly. But if it was true, Jun could only think of one person who could accomplish such a feat.

(If those two idiots had really killed him, I wouldn't be going through all this now)

Deep down, Jun knew who was hindering his plans. The only person who could do that was that boy, Jun had received several reports about him: Ren Solaris Orchid. This name was widely recognized on the other continent, in fact, there was no important person who didn't know him.

Bringing innovations one after another, there seemed to be no limit to his genius. Initially, Jun thought of having him by his side; Ren had many valuable skills to offer. However, all efforts were in vain. The boy ended up getting involved with the princess of one of the nations.

At this point, Jun realized that Ren was extremely loyal to his wife, and in turn, the wife was loyal to her kingdom. This unwavering loyalty to their principles made Ren a formidable opponent.

The reaction of the other patriarchs was also not good. They finally realized they were on the wrong side, but unfortunately, it was too late. While the room was in total silence, suddenly, a noise of stone being moved echoed through the place. Shortly after, knights rushed into the room.

"Please, stay still"

Said the leader of the knights firmly.

"We have received orders from the leading patriarch to arrest all of you. If you resist, know that we will use force"

The voice of the leader of the guards echoed through the room, making it clear that there was no room for negotiations. Hearing his words, the patriarchs quickly raised their hands, their desperate looks turned to Jun. They still held a small hope of escaping, but now, in the face of the imposing presence of the guards, that hope seemed increasingly distant.

"DAMN IT!"

And then, when they saw Jun slamming the table forcefully and being seized by the guards, the patriarchs immediately knew they had been caught, there was no chance of escape anymore, all they could do from now on was think of a way to lighten their sentences. Once all the patriarchs were subdued, the guards took them outside on top of the house where they were.

When the enemy guards saw the lords they served imprisoned, they didn't know what to do and dropped their swords. Little by little, the place was being taken over by the forces of the leading patriarch. It didn't take long for the soldiers stationed outside to start entering, subduing all the guards. In no time, the place was cleared.

"Damn, I was so close. I was so close to conquering one of the kingdoms on the other continent"

Lamented Jun. Hearing these words, the guard who seemed to be the leader looked at Jun and said firmly.

"The reports were all false. We had a spy among your forces. Long before you received the report, your forces had already been brought down. You didn't stand a chance of winning"

Hearing these words, Jun's eyes widened as he lowered his head, awaiting his fate.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

3