Chapter 3(Rabbits)
887 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waking up to the annoying little fricks rays of sunlight, I check my surroundings. I can hear some birds chirping in the trees, the water in the river is still running, but I spied a little rabbit in the distance. Taking a closer look while silently stretching my body, I notice a horn on the rabbit. Perhaps a foot long, but it seems rather sharp. While still in the tree, I guess that the rabbit is perhaps 30 meters away from me. Rabbits...are not suppose to have horns right? Well, perhaps it will taste better than those birds. I figure that although it is a long shot, I am on top of a tree and the rabbit wouldn't be able to retaliate against me even if I miss. Back to full mana, I begin casting my spell. The rabbit is alone, silently munching on some plants that look like weeds. 

zzzzt*

rarwsra!

The bolt hit, but only impacted the rabbits hind leg. Still I think that it nicked its guts, as its underside is bleeding a lot. The rabbit without tries to run away, but its damaged legs hinders it's movements and ends up falling down. I figure that it poses no threats, but I wait and check the surrounding for atleast 5 minutes to see if reinforcements might come. Nothing does, and the rabbit has stopped moving, but the notification for killing it hasn't occurred just yet. Jumping down from the tree, I walk over to the rabbit. I see that it is still alive and even points its red beady eyes at me. I notice the razor sharp and enlarged canines on the rabbits maw as well. This, this kind of mouth indicates a carnivore, but rabbits are herbivores right? Well the horn indicates that this animal is a variant, mutant, or entirely new species so it would be prudent to think that it could and would hunt me for dinner if it had the chance, if I didn't have magic. Taking another shot at its head to take it out of its misery, it quietly dies. 

*bing

Horned Rabbit Slain

3 EXP Gained

Nice, so these guys would be more efficient to hunt for exp then I guess. Once again I try taking the body into my inventory and out and it works. Moving to the river, I wash the body and begin working towards making my next meal. Preparing the campfire, taking of the skin and fur of the rabbit. Well really, I am nowhere near good enough to skin this thing, so I just take out the organs and then rip apart some pieces of flesh from the body after making a hole in the body and literally just skewer the meat and roast it. 

Honestly it was better than the bird, but not by much. It was a bit fattier, but it also had a gamier taste. I guess it would be nice to have some variety in my diet though. Going back to the river to clean up, I notice my reflection in the water. While not perfect I notice that I look, well like a normal girl. I would guess that I am somewhat beautiful  but really I wouldn't know. I have pale skin, long silver hair, and a pair of red and gold eyes. Heterochromia is a bit of a rare trait, but nothing to fret over. I look like a 16 year old, but could be a college girl at max. I take another swig of water. No stomach aches from last night so the water should be safe. 

Ok so priorities, hunt and level up, find shelter, stay near river or find more bodies of clean water, find a pot to boil water and cook food on. Also find some salt and other alternatives to food. I don't know if I want to eat the vegetation of this forest as I have no idea what is poisonous and not. I mean poison ivy is a bad plant to eat, but I have no idea what poison ivy even looks like, let alone what kind of plants are ok to eat. 

 

 

*bing

Horned Rabbit Slain

Horned Rabbit Slain

Forest Avia Slain 

....

Traveling around the forest, killing animals, while looking for a better piece of shelter, or some form of intelligent life has been my daily routine. The rabbits to no surprise, did try to maul me to death, but I was ready and simply climbed a tree and shot mana bolt after mana bolt at them. They were pretty aggressive too as they kept trying to kill me even as they were dying one by one. Well thanks to that I leveled a bunch. Day 3 after I first woke up, I reached level in the middle of my hunt. 

*bing

Level Up

Beginner Mage Max Level

Adept Mage Class Unlocked

Equip?

I check and there are no other options like last time so I accept. 

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Adept Mage Mp 40 mp
    Mp Regen 38.25 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 1 10    
Experience 0 10    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 21 26    
Wis 27 33    
Unallocated 5      

My mana and regen increased by a flat 10, and I am back at level 1. The part I am most anticipating, however, are new skills. Mana bolt is an amazing skill, well any magic is amazing really, but I am hoping for a skill that may be faster or better for hunting. If this reality is like a video game, I really hope for an auto lock skill where no aiming is needed.

Adept Mage          
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Mana Arrow 0 10 Fire a weak arrow of Mana 10mp
Mana Guard 0 10 (10-100)% damage is transferred to Mp  
Mana Map 0 5 Use mana to map the surrounding area 10mp/s
Mage's Mind 2 0 5 (5-25)%increase to Int and Wis  
Unallocated 3        

Fudge..arrows. Well they should be more suited to hunting I guess. Mana Guard is nice as a last resort to save myself if I'm careless although if I run out of mana I have no options to attack anymore. Mana map is definitely a must need to start exploring this forest, and mage's mind 2 can actually be crazy if I keep getting this option to increase my wis and int by a percentage. If I max it, I get 50% bonus to int and wis from the two skills combined. If I get anymore could I get a 100% bonus? I put a point in mana arrow and try it out. From my palm materializes a light blue flow of energy as it coalesces into an arrow with a pointed tip. Launching it into the distance, it is clearly faster than mana bolt and pierces through one tree before embedding itself in the next. Nice, I also felt that it was easier to aim this skill than mana bolt, so my range of attack has probably increased by a fair amount. Next I try mana map which is probably the most important skill to gain. Trying it out, it was strange to say the least. I was aware of my surrounding for perhaps 50 meters around me. Like if I wanted to I could focus in on a tree or an animal, but otherwise it felt like I was looking through the peripherals of my eyes. If I close my eyes, I can see a concrete 3D imaging of my surrounding, but the mental strain was a bit rough from trying to process everything so I imagined a 2D radar like map and was able to process the information easier. My mana quickly ran out though as I slump down a bit to catch my breath from the mana exhaustion. I felt that I could utilize the skill to focus solely on living creatures, that is as a way of detecting anything living near me, but that will be for a later time. 

Lastly I put a skill point in mana guard. I doubt that I'll use this skill often, since losing any mana means lowering my hunting speed. More than likely increasing my mana arrow skill would increase its mana cost, mana map would be the best skill to invest in, if it weren't for that huge mana cost. Mage's Mind 2 is another high priority skill to invest in as well. 

 

 

 

 

 

32