Chapter 8(Summoner(1/20))
748 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun is shining, and boy do those rays hurt my eyes. So does my back...so does my neck...I want a bed. Peering my eyes open I look around and see Sigrun, staring rather intensely from a few meters away, before straightening her back and greeting me. 

"Good morning my lady."

"Good morning to you too Sigrun, *yawn." Now then, reviewing my my new class and skills once again. My priorities regarding leveling is, invest in life summon, increase my mana regen, and seek better ways of organizing my hunting process with the new additions of my summoner skills. Sigrun can command other summons such as the wolf summon I had used yesterday, but it was through verbal communication, and the wolf itself could not talk to Sigrun, even if it could understand simple commands from her. With my current mana regeneration, I can sustain 3 beast merc summons. Any more and I would have negative mana regeneration. I once tried emptying my mana pool, and it was awful. Like a migraine and 20 hour airplane sickness all bundled in one. I bet that if I tried casting again at that state, I would have either fainted or died. It is definitely not something I want to experience again. On the other hand, if I am ever facing against a strong foe in front of my, I could try over summoning if I do not think the fight will go on long enough for the the spell to drain my mana to 0. 

"Sigrun, I plan on summoning 3 beasts, 1 of which will go to you. We shall split up and try to hunt in different areas to cover more ground. 

"Understood my lady."

Casting Mercenary Summon, two wolves and a giant bird appeared. I chose the wolves, since they should be helpful in finding other creatures in the forest. The third summon was random, since I plan on trying to expand the pool of available beasts types I can choose to summon. With that Sigrun went of in one direction with wolf, and I in the other with the other wolf and the bird which I think looks like an oversized hawk. I guess then i'll just deem it as a 'hawk' beast then, even if it was almost as tall as me, and had a 7ft wingspan. 

 

After our first day of hunting as a pair...

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Summoner Mp 74 mp
    Mp Regen 80 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 3 20    
Experience 13 60    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 33 49    
Wis 80 120    
Unallocated 0      

 

Summoner          
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Mercenary Summon 1 20 Temporarily summon a creature. [1-Beast,5-Plant.10-Undead,15-Elemental,20-Spirit] 20/30/40/50/60
Life Summon 6 20 (1/10/20) summon a random lifetime summon  
Recall 1 10 Recall summons to your position.(10-1) hours cd  
Summoner Communication 1 10 Communicate with summons  
Unallocated 0        

I was able to level up a few times. Perhaps this class may take a while to level in the beginning, but once I start to amass squads of summons, I can go even further the wolves were immensely helpful, as I didn't have to waste mana on mana map, and having them take out the weaker horned rabbits helped me conserve mana for one shoting the grey wolves. I also tried testing one of my wolf summons versus a grey wolf, and mine was vastly superior, perhaps 1.5 times stat wise. Just that .5 increase allowed one of my wolves to fight evenly with two grey wolves, and hold back 3  in a stale mate. 

With a new class, my exp requirement was reduced back to a base, but the increasing amount of exp per level has gone up. I predict that my exp requirement will enter the hundreds soon enough, and leveling will take longer, but at the same time my summons will easily offset the the difference eventually. Two more levels until I can life summon again, and after that 3 more levels  get my final life summon. The skill says that it is randomly decided, but is the pool of which it chooses from already determined? Or perhaps it only chooses from intelligent summons available? Either way if I could get another summon like Sigrun, I would be immensely satisfied already. With my hawk and wolf companion, I was able to hunt incredibly fast, finding one monster to another in little time, but Sigrun was still almost able to match my hunting rate. It probably has to do with how she is a warrior type while my constitution and stamina are pretty bad, requiring me to take a couple of rests now and then. Investing in constitution stat points could help that, but I would personally rather dedicate myself towards the mage path. Casting spells is way too much fun after all. 

Meeting back up, I have also decided that we need to find a capable shelter, for now simply camping out in a clearing should be fine as Sigrun can keep watch, but I hope to find a more homely place. I could try to cut some trees and make a cabin, except I have no saws, no axes, no blue prints,no carpentry skills, and a bunch of other things I would need. I asked Sigrun if she could cook or build a house, but she just shook her head at both questions. I guess she is a warrior through and through. Honestly I wouldn't mind if my next life summons was a chef or carpenter. 

"Sigrun, do you feel stronger?"

"Yes, I do believe that my own strength is connected to yours my lady."

I just wanted to confirm if my own leveling represented Sigrun's level as well. Looking over my 3 other beast summons 'can you three search at night for a cave that I can move into?' The wolves replied with feelings of confirmation, while the hawk shook its head. Petting the hawk 'thank you for your service' as I cancel its summoning. I wonder if this could be considered animal cruelty? I summon another wolf and have the three begin looking for a new home. I also ask them to see if they can find one near a river or body of water.

23