Chapter 9(Summoner(5/20))
754 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 days later...

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Summoner Mp 74 mp
    Mp Regen 83.75 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 5 20    
Experience 20 100    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 33 49    
Wis 90 135    
Unallocated 0      

Summoner          
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Mercenary Summon 1 20 Temporarily summon a creature. [1-Beast,5-Plant.10-Undead,15-Elemental,20-Spirit] 20/30/40/50/60
Life Summon 12 20 (1/10/20) summon a random lifetime summon  
Recall 1 10 Recall summons to your position.(10-1) hours cd  
Summoner Communication 1 10 Communicate with summons  
Unallocated 0        

 

The wolves, found a cave a few miles up the river. The river runs from north to south, so going upstream we found the cave. It was big enough to house several people, but I had Sigrun go in and kill everything including the bugs. I still haven't moved inside yet, but the renovations are happening over time to convert the cave into something livable. At least I hope no other bugs or mold lives in there. Finally the time has come for another Life Summon, casting the spell once again, the brilliance of light comes forth before dimming revealing a....

"A rock!?!?" I was so shocked I actually yelled out loud. In front of me was a head sized rock with numerous fissures across its hardened brown exterior. I..I guess that this skill really is random enough that there are duds and I happened to be unlucky enough to get one, like fishing and getting a nasty old boot as a catch. As I'm already starting to accept my losses, the rock unfurls, gaining 5 protrusions. Only after the transformation, do I realize that the rock, is actually a little rock man. It was around  the size of my calves in height, so maybe 2 and a half feet tall, and it only eyes on its uh face. Two black rocks similar to obsidian were in place of its eyes, and it possessed only stubs for its arms and legs. It even somewhat cutely looked up at me and started doing a toddler walk moving its arms with its adjacent leg awkwardly. 

'Hello?' I try using Summoners Communication, in return I am greeted with feelings, like the wolfs. In a way it was definitely much more premature than the wolves mind, but I felt as though it was closer to a baby's thoughts than a wolfs. 'Show me your power.'

Receiving my command, the little rock brought up its arms, palms towards a clearing of the ground, as a tall 6 ft by 5ft wall of rather solid earth rose. After which numerous earth spikes also followed suit all around the the wall. walking up to the creations, I try feeling the wall, even knocking against it with my knuckles, but it was both smooth and very hard. Looking at the little rock, it seemed to be a little bit tired so I should assume that it can't manipulate too much earth. Still just one of these earth spikes could kill a grey wolf if it caught it in the right place. 'You, could you be an earth elemental?' The little rock happily bowed its whole upper body up and down....cute. It is actually really cute. 'Sigrun, do you know anything about this species?'

'I am afraid not my lady.' 

Well either way, having an earth elemental would definitely be a big welcome to our party. Earth is a very versatile element after all. No matter where we travel too, earth will normally be all around. More than likely too, this form is probably not its final potential, similar to Sigrun it can can probably grow. I hope that this one can grow to be a huge earth tank for me later. I can never have enough of a front line after all. 'I'm guessing that you also do not have a name?' It bowed down and up again. 'Then how about Nix?' It bowed its head down and up twice this time. 

Placing Nix atop a wolf, we searched for another wolf to test our newest addition. In the clearing two wolves appeared. Ordering Nix, she simply put her palms forward, and the two wolves were practically dissected as numerous earth spikes riddled with holes from below. Nix turned her face back to me, and I actually sweat dropped for a second thinking of how this little guy could be an even deadlier killer than even Sigrun. 'Good job,' it then hugged me. Well as long as its loyal to me, that's all that really matters. 

Travelling back to my camping spot, it hit, I got a fucking carpenter with me now! 'Nix, can you fix up the cave, so that no bugs or mold is there, and also create rooms for all of us, and replace the floor with a smooth and nice floor, and the walls, and the ceilings?' I got in return feelings of confirmation, but hesitance. 'Could it be that it will take time?' Nix nodded. 'Don't worry, take your time, I hope to have a good home, not a rushed one.' With that the little rock elemental went of towards the cave, as started to hear the rumbling and clacking of earth and stone moving about.  In the mean time, I begin to think about my 2nd best skill, Mercenary Summon. Dispelling my other Merc Summons, I start to contemplate my current plan. In order to expand my repertoire of summons, it would be optimal to dispel my summons after hunting to regain my mana regen, and continuously summon and dispel random mercenary summons. I also wonder if I could possibly summon a cow, to finally eat some beef. Trying to summon a cow, I am instead greeted with a male deer, although the antlers are much more intimidating than I remember, along with the extra spikes on them. It also seemed more muscular and wild as well. So I can't summon something based on  memory then? Or what if I can't summon creatures from earth to hear. Despite how similar many creatures are, like the grey wolves, there noticeable distances like the horns on horned rabbits, or the difference in figures and strength of the creatures. 

'Sigrun, tell me about a common beast you know about from your world of the Norse.'

'Yes my lady, there is a beast named Saehrimnir, which resembles a large boar in your terms.' 

Alright then, I try summoning a Saerhrimnir, and a 6 ft long python appears. Umm.

'That is not a Saehrimnir my lady'.

Alright then. So I can summon the beasts I encounter, like the grey wolves, and I can summon the beasts that I have summoned before, but I cannot do so based on my knowledge of earths creatures, nor Sigrun's. Could it be that I need to be in the presence of the beast to summon it? Or perhaps I need it in my memories? I have no memories of deer or cows, but I do have knowledge about them, same with Sigrun's Saehrimnir.  Later, if I can I should try to find a book or pictures of animals and see if I can summon them just from that, other wise it may be that I need to be in the presence of them to be able to summon them.

Leave what you would like to see as the third life summon in the comments if you want

24