Chapter 13(Summoner(19/20)
629 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1 week later

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class Summoner Mp 74 mp
    Mp Regen 110 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 19 20    
Experience 370 380    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 33 49    
Wis 160 240    
Unallocated 0      

Summoner          
Name Level Max Description   Cost
Mercenary Summon 20 20 Temporarily summon a creature. [1-Beast,5-Plant.10-Undead,15-Elemental,20-Spirit] 20/30/40/50/60
Life Summon 20 20 (1/10/20) summon a random lifetime summon  
Recall 7 10 Recall summons to your position.(10-1) hours cd  
Summoner Communication 10 10 Communicate with summons  
Unallocated 0        

Moving even further into the forest, more monsters have shown themselves, in addition to their density among the woods. Monster encounters have become more frequent. The classic goblins have appeared. I believe that they are a staple of fantasy worlds. I tried talking to them, but in addition to not understanding their language, they tried to kill me similar to the actions of the kobolds. I wondered for a second if these goblins were as lascivious as some stories made them out to be, but when they tried to attack Sigrun, they did so with intent to kill instead of capture, so perhaps they are simple animals instead of the creatures of sins some shows tended to overemphasize. Standing at about 3ft tall, with simple cloths like a cloth bag wrapped around their bodies, and armed with barbaric weapons like clubs, they clumsily tried to take down my summons. Although clumsy, they were more numerous and agile than the kobolds. Goblins gave 13 exp instead of the 10 exp kobolds gave, so it is probably safe to assume that they are superior to kobolds, although in my opinion while goblins are more nimble and numerous, kobolds held more physical attributes overall. Perhaps the usage of weapons by the goblins has bumped up their ratings. 

Of course more animals have showed as well, including giant pythons, bigger versions of grey wolfs I deem greater grey wolfs, and the occasional wolf size badgers I find. On another note, while investing into Merc Summons, I have gained a general understanding regarding the types of summons available to me. From beasts come just about any monster animal and from plants are monster plants that all have some way to kill something human size. Undead were mainly dead humans, but  varied quite a bit  Rather I was surprised by the variety. Every zombie type I summoned  were each personally different, ie female, male, old, young, etc. I found out that after summoning a specific type of zombie like an old man style, I could summon that specific type. But to generalize the main types of zombies would be zombie-very decayed/varied, ghouls-people eater, somewhat more monster like, skeletons, animals-hell hounds-dead doggies(size of wolves), and ghosts. Interestingly, I tried to see if I could summon a dead version of the grey wolves we kill, no luck. But yeah, summoning hell hounds was a bit cool, albeit pretty gross for the gore. I guess that the only undead I would be ok to keep around for a long time might be the skeletons, but even then they are a bit creepy when they have no eyes. Right now the only skeletons I have been able to summon are base skeletons(nothing special) and skeletons with a sword on them. Maybe I'll get foot soldier skeletons later or something. Regarding ghosts, they are just mindless spirits or incorporal entities really. They don't know anything useful to me, nor can they really think on their just yet. At most they can just haunt some enemies by trying to possess them, but they can only control rabbits. They can prove to be nice distractions in order to cause tension and some fear in enemies, but in general are pretty useless for now. 

Finally, for spirits, well all I can say is, they are little balls of light. Really now they are just small balls perhaps a tennis ball size, of light. The first time I tried summoning one, a blue ball of light appeared, I asked it to attack a tree, and it conjured a water ball to smack the tree. Basically, it seems that spirits are spirits of elements similar to elemental, but they are more incorporal beings. They also seem to have a higher intelligence a rely more on spells like humans rather than like Nix who bends earth to its will. So far light, dark, water, wind, earth, fire,  and lightning are all the spirits I have summoned, and I can't seem to summon any different type as I keep on getting repeats when I try randomly summoning a spirit. At least though, they are able to follow intelligent instructions like shape this cave into a decent home. Nix...just gave me a gangly piece of rock to sleep on at first. Ah yeah, regarding elementals I made a peculiar discovery. I didn't pay too much attention since I had Nix so I thought that I understood elementals enough. The water elemental for instance I summoned, was made out of water, but it could't cast water spells like Nix. It couldn't shoot a water sphere, or create water spikes, much less some kind of range attack, and it was much dumber than Nix. Telling it too capture a kobold, it killed it by wrapping itself all around the kobold and suffocating it. It turns out that elementals are much more physical manifestations of the elements, while spirits are much more adept at using mana to manipulate the elements. Nix however, seems to be able to do both, although much more so towards manifesting and augmenting herself with earth these days. Both elementals and spirits have their pros and cons, but I still wonder about Nix and what she is. She should be an elemental since she is physically a rock, but her ability to manipulate and attack with earth from afar is still there. Perhaps she is just an intelligent type elemental of some sort. 

Anyways, I am approaching my next class advancement soon already. I do wonder what options I will have available. 

 

21