Chapter 16(High Summoner(35/40))
726 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I like Elsword

Announcement
will be writing a lot less/if any at all since finals/projects are coming up.

1 week later...

Name   Hp 13 hp
Race Human? Hp Regen 1.5 hp/h
Class High Summoner Mp 213 mp
    Mp Regen 169 mp/h
  Current Max    
Level 35 40    
Experience 0 1400    
         
Stats Base Total    
Str 6 6    
Con 6 6    
Dex 8 8    
Agi 7 7    
Int 158 276    
Wis 215 376    
Unallocated 0      

High Summoner
         
Name Level Max Description   Cost
High Mercenary Summon 50 50 Temporarily summon tier 2 creature. [1-Beast,5-Plant.10-Undead,15-Elemental,20-Spirit, 30-Demon,40-Angel,50-dragon] 25/35/50/70/95/125/160/200
Oath of Fealty 20 20 [10,20] Contract a summon to become a life summon  
Evolve 20 20 Evolve a summon up to [10-tier 1,20-tier 2] permanently 100mp
S. Heal 1 10 Recover a summons hp. 5mp:1hp
S. Replenish 4 10 Recover a summons mana. 5mp:1 mana
Summoner Mind 10 10 (0-25%)=[15%] increase to Wis and Int  
Unallocated 0        

Deeper and deeper into the forest we have traversed. It was 2 weeks ago that I had decided to try and send a summon back towards the direction I came from. I sent a tier 2 bird beast to try and see what the forest looks like if I had traveled in the other direction. Unfortunately my S. Communication skill can't reach that far, but I plan on using Recall to teleport the bird back to me. I want to use it now, but I know that the further I wait the further the bird can travel and get more info. 

Further into the forest, stronger variants and new monsters have appeared. Orcs, Great Grey Wolves, Earth Bears, and more  have started to show up. Still, thanks to my tier 2 summons, they haven't posed any particular problems yet, quite contrary, they are actually very welcome as the amount of exp they give is quite a nice amount. 

I finally have access to all different summon types, along with two chances of using the Oath skill to get 2 more life summons. Speaking of which, dragons for the most part, atleast the ones that I have been able to summon are simply big wyverns in my opinion. They can't breathe fire, and their air capabilities are nonexistent or very little. All of the dragons I have summoned tended to have these characteristics, but even then their strength, agility, and vitality make them monsters on the battlefield. Even against several of my beast summon, a dragon summon could take multiple of them on with ease. I was sort of hoping for a fire breathing dragon to rain death upon my enemies, but the pure strength of these guys are a very welcome addition. Although since their cost is too great for me I am unfortunately unable to use even one for too long as 200mph>169mp/h. I also plan on reinvesting into the Wis stat form now on. Now regarding what to pick for my life summons, I definitely want variety. Since life summons are essentially going to be my permanent party members, having a variety of members with different strengths should help out to make a better overall party. With Sigrun, Nix, and Laos I have accrued 3 front line members. As a summoner/mage I do want a front line, but having some more supporting/backline members would be helpful as well as evening out our party. At the same time, I do somewhat want to have a dragon life summon, since in theory they should be the strongest race type as they have the highest mana cost, although I also understand that even a beast summon could defeat an undead type so long as the match up is in the beasts favor. Regarding the summon races, I think that the mana costs can somewhat represent the quality of the innate attributes of a race as a Dragon would be naturally stronger than a Giant Wolf, but at the same time each race has their own niche, such as beast being incredibly varied along with low mana costs and thus having the ability to summon multiple of them compared to one dragon. 

For instance, right now even if I had the mp regen to sustain a dragon, I would rather summon the 5-6 tier 2 beast summons instead since they could cover more ground and hunt faster as a spread out group than a singular dragon bulldozing its way through. Still, dragons were pretty cool. I noticed that some of the dragons were actually elemental drakes as well. I discovered an earth drake so far apart from the usual wyvern, but my ability to randomly summon and discover new dragon types is limited by the huge mp cost they have. The earth drake could not manipulate the earth, but it had incredibly earthen armor and defenses in addition to its already tough scales. It was much more heavier and grounded and built to be a tank. I can only guess that other elemental drakes, while not having elemental mana, would be similar to elementals in having an elemental constitution in accordance to their chosen element. Like a water drake being much more aerodynamic and having the ability to swim under water or such. I wonder if Tier 3 dragons would have the ability to use elemental spells though. 

There is also another matter, I wonder if I could save my Oath Skill to use on new summons I could get from my later class advancements. Like what if a new race called golems came out in my next class, could I save Oath from this class and use it on that new summon? At the same time, everyday going by without using my Oath skill is just so much efficiency lost. Its equivalent to losing one of my life summons total amount of exp gathered for each day the skill is not used, or even two life summons worth since I get two chances from the skill. I actually already have an idea as to what one of my life summons should be, but am still unsure about the last usage. 

Regarding what life summon I currently want, I know that I want a backline type summon, but in my current situation where I am essentially lost in a forest with no idea regarding my current surroundings, I also desire a scout type of summon. A summon that could both cover wide areas and survey my surrounding while quickly getting back to me vital information, in addition to having backline capabilities to give supporting fire power/support to my frontline summons.  With that in mind, I try casting High Merc Summon.

From the light, shadows emerge. Blue flames and a dark silhouette comes forth and emerges. Long dark blue hair reaching to her waist, an dark and fancy emrbroided robe,  deep blue and dark colors encompassed her as she began to knelt before me. Hair tied partially into a long pony tail, along with an attire like that of a royals attendant, she opened her eyes revealing blue star shaped pupils. "Greetings my lady, I live to serve." 

'Demon, will you enter into an eternal oath to become my summon for life? I will not be mad if you refuse so speak your true thoughts'

'My lady, it would be an incredible honor to serve under yourself, please make me yours.'

Although I imagine that I could force a summon into the Oath, since I can always summon another monster, I feel that listening to the summons will atleast makes the though of enslaving another easier onto my conscious. I still wonder how how much free will a summon has though, as in if they are my summon does that mean that they are not actually a sentient being but a slave from birth, or something else. Casting the skill onto the young demoness, the mana bound us, wrapping us, as the oath was confirmed. From it, the demoness' aura burst forth. Her hair grew past her waist, her attire gained more lines and symbols, and her aura became even more demonic. But, instead of a malefic aura, it was a dignified one, one of power and prestige. Blue flames licked the surroundings, as I could a new fervor and sense of devotion from the demoness directed towards me. 

"Thank you my lady! May my service be helpful and eternal," she said as she knelt once more. Checking my mana regen, it was confirmed that she had become my life summon as she no longer costed mana regen. "Then from now on, you will be named Ciel."

Ciel was a demon, but she was a unique species of noble demons. Atleast this is all from my inference, since most demons either were not intelligent enough to talk, or did not have her kind of noble and formal attire. Ciel calls herself a demon chevalier, but when I summoned other kinds of demon chevalier, their styles and powers all varied. Luckily I could summon unique types like her specifically from Merc Summon.  The main reason why I wanted Ciel to joing my team was that she is a mid to long range specialist. In combat, she is able to materialize two musket rifles she can use to focus her demonic powers into magic bullets to bombard enemies from afar. In addition to her ranged fire power, she is also capable of shadow movement lending to her high agility and keen eyesight belonging to a gunner, she is able to act especially well as a scout and backliner.  

 

24