Chapter 21(Elite Summoner(13/80))
553 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other two had less noticeable transformations. Laos is now able to grow up to 20meters long, increased mastery over her poisons, medicines, and venom, and has grown more intelligent, but can still not talk just yet. Still she can understand even more complicated messages and orders. Sigrun now now bore even more elite like armor, with how the edges had gold like gildings, and her wings shone brighter. She is now capable of sustaining flight, reaching high altitudes, and her mastery over close combat trumps even Nix’s new form. 

 

Normally, I’d like to test out their new forms with live combat against the local wildlife, but the time for hunting is already over, and the night been deeply set for a while. 

 

Taking a look at our current base of operations, we are located near a stream, although I figured out after much too long of a time, that I could summon a water spirit to summon enough clean water to provide for myself and the others at anytime. Still having a stream nearby is rather calming for the soothing noise it brings. Also most civilizations live either near to, or at the base/culmination of waterways so staying near the rivers and streams could perhaps lead me towards a settlement. 

 

The usual arrangement we have is to clear an area near the river to sit down, set up the fire, and rest under the open sky. Next to that we keep an earthy home made of...earth...and rocks! Nix has been getting even better, and after her transformation I asked her to try “upgrading” our current home. Honestly it was actually pretty nice already of a home. I originally ordered Nix to try and form normal cube home with a triangle roof top, and although it is fairly misshapen in odd parts, I can currently see her actually smoothing out the interior and exterior. Inside the ‘house’ there are several bedrooms. Any kind of lounging or cooking is done outside for the most part. The air isn’t cold enough to keep us inside, rather the weather continues to be quite perfect in my opinion. Not as hot as the jungle, not as cold as a northern forest, and only a fair amount of rain here and there. 

 

Interestingly enough, Nix provided me with the biggest bedroom, twice..almost thrice the size of the others.  Sometimes at night I can hear some shuffling sounds at night, but I generally rest easy enough thanks to how I can trust my summons to protect and guard me. 

 

Most days my life summons will all even crowd around me either in the clearing at night or in my room on the bed, I guess thanks to my magic our bonds really are strong.

 

Now, regarding meals. I refuse to eat anything kind of meal involving the likes disgusting monsters like goblins, kobolds, orcs,etc. I have been subsisting on wolf, rabbit, snake, and other beast type meat, in addition to some added greens and fruits thanks to Laos being able to eat and differentiate plants being poisonous.  

Now then, as an “Elite Summoner” obviously this paths pushes me towards quality over quantity. This qualitative improvement included giving me access to tier 3 summons, as well as some other supportive skills. Evidently, I do believe that improving the tier of my summons is an immense boost to our combat capabilities, but at the same time I wish to also improve the rate at which we scout the area. Right now I possess around 200mp regen. For tier 3 summons, a beast type is the cheapest at around 35mp/h. I plan on maxing the skills that increase my mana like Summoners Mana and Mages Mind. Both of which will increase my mana regen, mage->int and wis, Sum. Mana-> mp and mp/h. But for now, I will most likely be relying on beast type summons. Ciel and Sigrun, however, although they didn’t explicitly say so, I saw before how their eyes lit up when I tried summoning a demon and angel type summon respectively. Also, more than likely Nix and Laos would also like to be around their own type perhaps, though Laos is already among her kind. 

 

I know that surrounding my life summons with complementing summon types that can make up for their weakness’ is a good tactic to follow, but I also hope to make them...happy. Another point of interest now is my next life summon. I still retained one more usage of Oath of Fealty, and I now know that any summoner class advancement, would more than likely include an Evolve skill to bring my current life summons up a tier, so there is now point in using the skill later in order to try and summon a stronger being. 

 

I want to summon a dragon as they are the highest cost summon type, but in in order to summon a tier 3 dragon, I either need to level Merc Summon to max, or summon a tier 2 dragon, then evolve it, but that costs 200+200mp to do so. I have waited this long, so I don’t mind waiting some more. I’ll try to summon a random dragon and evolve it for now after the daily hunt when I can dispel some of my summons, although that will cut into the summons I send out to hunt at night. 

22