Chapter • 3: The Introvert Favorite Food – Instant Noodles
430 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

____________________

The first thing Liu Ming did upon waking up was travel to the Outer Disciple Marketplace and buy a pot and pan, using the gold from his family. One Thousand Gold will do just fine for now.

He then got some wood, hay, and rocks for a fire. As the Cultivation World doesn't have a lighter and he doesn't have the Fire attribute. All he can do is the old-fashioned way. He's going caveman style in this bitch.

Lastly, he bought two pots of water and chopsticks for his instant noodles. The main ingredient one could say, outside of the noodles themselves.

After doing two long tiring trips, he was done.

He was lucky. He did his run in the morning when there is barely anyone. Because if there were more than five people, he would probably have waited. He only had to talk to three kind old shopkeepers and those three are enough. Now he knows how Marathon athletes feel. How exhausting that was.

Looking at the items he bought, he was proud of himself. Extremely proud of himself, he might add.

Alas, all this was for Introvert's favorite food - Instant Noodles. Especially so the Japanese version. Not the American stuff.

Sitting down, he immediately started getting ready. However, he did have a question as he sparked rocks together over some hay and wood. Those Camping trips his Dad made go to are finally buying off!

' So System... How did my Gourmet Spiritual Roots, actually work? Do I need to say some weird chant or do some ceremony?'

[ Tti-ring! Neither. It's pretty simple actually.

All you have to do is think about it and your Gourmet Spiritual Roots will do the rest. Think of your thoughts as a Guide for the Spiritual Roots and they will follow through ]

' Neat.'

Liu Ming was presently surprised. Not only does not have to do weird chants or rituals, he only have to - Think.

Who knew Cultivation is so easy?

... Then again, the people who are Cultivating are superpowered Introverts who love themself more than anything. So he can guess so why it's so easy.

Liu Ming shook his head. These deep thoughts are not his type.

Locking up those thoughts, he got back to setting up his 'kitchen'. Said 'kitchen' which is taking up half of his room. But, it's worth it!

..

Ten minutes later, he was done with his preparations. All needs now is the main ingredient; the noodles themselves.

However, he hit a problem. Where are the noodles?

' Hey System, where are the Instant Noodles?'

[ Tti-ring! Inside your inventory of course ]

Liu Ming's eyes shined.

' I have an inventory?!'

[ Tti-ring! Yes. Did I forget to tell you~? ]

' Yes. Yes, you did! Do you know how much walking back and forth from the Marketplace will save?!'

[... You walked two times ]

Liu Ming snorted.

' That's two times too many.'

[... Instead of saying anything about your childish and lazy behavior, I will something else.

Won't use the inventory, which is basically a Space-Time technique, which is extremely One-In-Million rare, I add - cause you trouble? ]

Liu Ming blinked and then sighed. The System is right. But... The Marketplace was so far! It was a damn half-a-hour walk!

' Your right. Sorry about that.' He admits he can be childish sometimes. The childishness comes from his lazy personality, of if something is not in arms reach, it's too far. Most of his flaws come form being a second-generation rich kid, always being handed stuff by his parents and Maids. He gets that. But, he can't break those flaws. Those flaws are what makes him - Him. Without those parts of him, who truly is he?

[ That's good you understand. I'm only trying to help ]

...Why does his System sound like a proud Mom? And why did it make him smile and feel warm inside?

Shaking this thought away, he eventually got a fire going. Thank you Camp Director Henry!

Sizzling, Liu Ming watched the water pop and hiss with a satisfied smile.

After making sure he didn't set anything else on fire, he waited for a few minutes until it got hot enough. While he waited, he opened up a pack of Noodles. The sound itself making him feel right at home.

' Should be ready.' He scanned the popping water.

Using his robe as a hand mitt, he slowly and steadily poured the water into the cup.

Only when it filled to the top did he stop pouring. Gradually setting the water aside, he inwardly cheered at not burning himself. No more marks of war for him!

Eyeing around, his eyes landed on the pot. He can use that.

Grabbing the hot, he placed it over his noodles and started the waiting game.

..

A handful of minutes later, Liu Ming knew his noodles should be done.

Not knowing when he lifted the pot off the cup of noodles, he will light a new flame of desires throughout Frozen Cloud Dragon Sect, he took the pot off.

Moving his 'kitchen' to a corner, he peeled off the rest of the paper holding back the smell of the Gods.

Like it was a treasured extinct animal, he carefully peeled the paper off. When it was done, it looked like he had been smoking. There was a flavored white fog surrounding him.

Traveling down to the door, it gleefully spilled through the cracks.

Immediately, many people eyes popped open. Their nose scrunching up and their mouths watering. Some were shocked they could feel like this and others were curious. Especially the new Outer Disciples who got the full smell through them.

As if something possessed them, they all opened their doors and mechanically walked to a door that resembles a hungry foggy beast. A very delicious foggy beast.

Ignorant of his actions, Liu Ming prayed. He prayed hard to the Gods and then smiled.

" Itadakimasu!"

Grabbing his chopsticks, he skillfully loading a bunch of goodness in his mouth.

Upon the noodles hitting his tongue, Liu Ming's body visually twitched. His eyes widened and his hands shook.

All around him is a towering beautiful forest that he only describes as Eden. Surrounding him, are long and cute noodle snakes with bright black eyes.

They all cheerfully hissed and wrapped themselves around Liu Ming.

' Mom?'

It was like he was getting hugged by his Mom. One of the snakes even patted his head as his Dad used to when he did something good.

It made him feel full of love and care. The warm fuzzy feeling sparkled.

When the noodle's snakes covered his vision, he awoke from his foodgasm.

" Ah!"

Unfortunately, he couldn't think anymore as he found over thirty pairs of eyes staring hard at him.

" How much?"

Like they waited and practice for this very moment, they all said. Their eyes shone with a new light. A flame of desire that was lit.

Liu Ming's head started to hurt.

What beast has he unleashed upon this cursed land?!

==============================

17