A Prince’s Fate
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kaieda's heart raced, as the child of Atlas charged his daughter and Kalista without hesitation. Time seemed to slow down, as he couldn't believe he was about to witness, his child killed in front of him.

He is a proud man, even with his demeanor. He didn't lack in his training and responsibilities as the crown prince. However, one thing he did regret in his life, was not spending much time, with his daughter. Her older brother had died in a skirmish with the children of Atlas and he was unable to do anything, even though he was close to their battle site.

Although situations had never favored him. He still blamed himself. Now in front of him. He still couldn't do anything.

Time resumed, for it never waited for him, as the child of Atlas got within a meter of killing Yori, who was not prepared.

Then dropping like an anchor out of the sky, the Hashin guarding their shuttle, dipped out of the sky, blocking the child of Atlas' charge.

Her skin was cracking up like Kayed's, having used the technique, to allow her to make it on time.

She felt her comrade's life flash off in the distance and assumed a code zero mentality. Her priority was to keep the royal family safe and help them escape the danger.

"Forbidden Art, Acidic Clouds."

Tiny sprouts opened up all nearby the feet of the child of Atlas, quickly bellowing out, a massive plume of acidic smoke from the planet. Surrounding him, and maintaining position, his skin burned, blistered, and peeled, as his body tried to keep up with the damage. He began to choke, then dropped to his knees, coughing his lungs out.

The Hashin spurted out blood, as one of her organs was crushed as a sacrifice.

"Haha ahaha... Just kidding."

The child of Atlas stood back up, as a big swirl of electricity, blew the acid clouds away from him, and crushed the ground around his feet.

"Did you think, that was going to hurt me? With all the stories that I used to hear from Father, you're generation has disappointed me."

Her eyes grew wide in anger and fear. She raised a massive lava golem behind him, throwing down a colossal fist. Glancing back just once, to yell at them to run away.

It all happened too quickly, for them to register. She glanced back at him, as a massive purple lightning strike cut down the golem with ease and continued to converge into his hand.

An object looking like a spear, was all she could make out, as he threw it with intense velocity, trying to kill the two women behind her as well.

The Hashin managed to launch them out of the way, towards Kaieda, with a clay dome, absorbing the impact.

Time was still in slow motion for her, as her feet began to lift off the floor, and she finally, was able to look down. Seeing the gaping hole, centered through her chest.

"I see..."

She said faintly and unleashed the last of her energy, as her body hit the floor.

"Forbidden Art... Land Reformation...."

With her last breath, thousands of geysers opened up all around them, as sleeping volcanoes of the entire country blew up.

In moments, the entire land was covered in lava, a burning land, with no habitable spot as far as the eye could see.

Her body was consumed by the lava, as everyone else had to worry for their lives.

Kaieda kept Kalista and Yori behind him, facing the enemy, who was wary of the lava the moment it began and took to the skies after them, keeping his distance.

"Kalista takes Yori with you now, you can use the opportunity she bought us to escape his reach!"

Kaieda took off his coat, letting it fall into the burning ocean, and his black sword gleamed by his side. Then he gathered enough energy to go into third gear.

Yori, piped up between them, a tear beginning to streak down her cheek.

"I can fight with you!"

Suddenly the child of Atlas attacked kicking him with such speed it immediately shattered a couple of bones in his arm, yet he blocked it, grinning. His Iko was on one of the highest levels on Azuria, given his private lessons from his father. However, he knew immediately, that this opponent wasn't someone he could hold back against.

The wind from the force of the strike nearly blew Kalista and Yori away.

"I don't like when you guys ignore me like that. No need for any planning. Show me your strength. What are you worth, Prince of Azuria?"

Kaieda coughed taking another strike to his stomach. But he gritted his teeth and grabbed hold of the man's arm while covering his other fist with magma, him square in the face and dislocating the man's arm.

He yelled out in pain, glaring at him, then smirked, as his arm popped back into his shoulder, by itself.

Kaieda braced himself.

"If you know of me, then you know I won't forgive you, for what you have done to my people and the harm you tried to cause my child."

The child of Atlas shook his head.

"No it's truly an honor, I've heard stories of you ever since I was a youngling, as well as the Hashin. It's why I was excited to come to this planet... Ahh my bad, I forgot to introduce myself."

Purple lightning struck him, as he held the charge, going into first gear.

"I go by Galaico, the 85th child of Atlas. I must add your head, to my trophy cabinet."

Several beads of sweat dripped down Kaieda's face. He had only felt this much power, often from his father. Now facing someone at that level, he realized, this was the moment of his life, where he had to surpass Akio, in every way.

Which means, he had to put his life on the line.

"Ahh Galaico was it. I've got to be honest with you. Getting serious isn't my style. I like to have fun. Travel the galaxy, and see new things. However I've been blessed to have experienced so much and wish my daughter the same life, but better in every way."

His expression changed, as deadly aura, began to emanate from him.

"You and your family, threaten her way of life. I can't allow you to live!"

Galaico smirked.

"So what are you going to do? Can you even survive, my next strike?"

As he readied himself, about to pounce on his prey.

Kaieda clasped both of his hands.

"We'll see, I'll be giving it everything I've got! Forbidden Art, Self Volcanization!"

His heart lit on fire, as his skin began to crack and shift like magma. Enormous power coursed through him, as volcanoes in their vicinity erupted. His hair remained silver, as the lava rushing through his vein, coursed faster.

Galaico dodged raining rocks and debris, as Kaieda pointed one palm at him.

"Shūchū Beam!"

A sphere began forming in front of his palm, gathering lava from below and blasting forth, chasing Galaico as he tried to escape it. At some point, he disappeared with a flash, and reappeared, kicking Kaieda on his side, crashing him down into the river of lava.

Kaieda, immediately jumped back up into the air, as pillars of lava followed behind him, each grabbing Galaico.

Galaico, once again dodged each one, blurring, with the speed of his movements, then drew his sword, aiming to cut Kaieda down.

However as he struck at Kaieda's body, the magma he covered himself in as armor, before attacking, morphed to grab hold of his sword and hardened. Then Kaieda grabbed his arm, as he couldn't escape, burning him as he gripped tight.

"Let go of me!"

Galaico struggled, then hopped up to try and kick Kaieda off of him. However, a massive hand of magma soared out of the lava like a dolphin. Grabbed him and crashed him back down into the sea of lava with him.

"Hagye Nightmare."

Kaieda turned off the technique, which had already shaved away a quarter of his life, and thanked the Hashin for her last gift.

He turned around to begin heading back to his daughter, when the land began to shake, rippling earthquakes through the land, as lightning struck down all around him, then at him as he raised a barrier above him.

Galaico rose out of the sea of lava, with a barrier of electricity, dripping lava off of it.

His entire body was messed up, with all of his clothes burnt off.

He pointed one palm at Kaieda.

"You're paying for that! Lightning Flare!"

A laser of electricity ripped through the side of Kaieda's abdomen faster than he could react.

He began to fall out of the sky.

Galaico looked at him, angrily.

"That's not enough. Not yet!"

He raced towards Kaieda and kicked him so hard, it sent him crashing into a mountain, outside of the country.

Kaieda could barely see, his vision was blurry, and nausea washed over him. He felt multiple bone fractures throughout his body.

'This is it.'

He thought to himself.

'I can't win, but I hope I bought them, enough time to escape.'

Galaico landed in front of him, standing above him, with a disgusted look.

"Someone proclaiming to be a prince of the Azurians and the next leader of the Rahmanaka Clan should never be this weak. I'm disappointed, Prince Kaieda."

Kaieda coughed large amounts of blood, as he sat himself up.

"Maybe so, but I am proud to have served my people to the very end. I'm not sure if I'll be missed, but my daughter, will make a fine Queen one day and I don't want her to ever have to see you again."

One hand had been planted on the ground, the entire time, beckoning the lava, burning where they left, to go down under, and manipulate tectonic plates.

The ground below them, started to vibrate violently, as earthquakes ripped the land apart.

"Galaico! You messed with the wrong clan!"

Galaico's eyes, grew wide and he began to run as fast as he could, then took off into the air, but his leg was caught on to something. Rather something was pulling him back down.

Arms growing out of each other made out of titanium, clay, and different steels, extended out of the ground, with one of the arms grabbing hold of his leg.

Then like a whip it whipped him back down to the ground, as Kaieda yelled out loud.

"Forbidden Art, Continental Detonation!"

Then he smiled, one last time, as Galaico watch him slump over to the side.

Galaico panicked as time seemed to move in slow motion for him. His life flashed multiple times before his eyes as he cut off the arm, holding him down, and dove toward the sky as quickly as could.

As the entire continent erupted.

0