Chapter 16
267 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The one talking is him." With his head down, Xu Muzhi felt even more uncomfortable after the young man spoke, sensing the hidden dominant aura beneath his calm demeanor.

Luckily, the young man's attention quickly turned to the live broadcast, and he stopped paying attention to Xu Muzhi.

In the current live broadcast room, Song Yucheng was lying on a recliner near the door, organizing something in an orderly manner without lifting a finger. With just a couple of casual instructions, someone would obediently rush over to carry out the task. Even the older Chu Rong and Li Zhao were standing guard at his side, and even the two girls were waiting on him hand and foot.

If this were any other time, this scene would definitely have been met with a lot of criticism. However, when it came to Song Yucheng, there was an inexplicable feeling that his arrogance was simply a matter of course.

Even with everyone's good intentions, Song Yucheng could not rest for more than three minutes. The reason was simple - apart from Chu Rong, who had some method in his work, the rest, even Li Zhao, were not reliable. Despite their positive attitude, they would always make mistakes, rendering them useless.

In the end, Song Yucheng could no longer bear it and put down his glass before getting up from the recliner. He walked around the courtyard once and slapped the back of one of their heads, scolding them, "Get out of here! So stupid!" He took over the task from their hands, saying, "Put it down, I'll do it."

Even though the youngsters were scolded, they were not angry. Instead, they gathered around him, calling him "Brother Yucheng" with cheerful smiles on their faces. If someone didn't know better, they would think the six of them were actual brothers.

The young man watched this scene, his eyes revealing a rare hint of a smile.

Actually, from the moment he entered the live broadcast room just now, his attention was drawn to Song Yucheng.

It was not only because of Song Yucheng's outstanding appearance and temperament but also because of his effortless actions when interacting with a few young men, which clearly demonstrated his ability to control everything with enough cards and background. How could a mere toy have such a backbone?

This Song Yucheng is really interesting.

Seeing this, the young man was completely certain that Song Yucheng's homestay was definitely not as simple as it seemed on the surface, and must be hiding other secrets. As for those in the bullet comments who are currently cursing Song Yucheng, they are probably going to be proven wrong.

Thinking this way, he spoke to Xu Muzhi again, "You're stupid, but your taste is not bad. It's a pity that Song Yucheng is blind."

"..." Does this mean that Song Yucheng is blind because he likes him? Xu Muzhi widened his eyes and suddenly felt very uncomfortable.

Wasn't he just a toy that he casually picked up? Without him, Song Yucheng would have been kicked out of his family and wandering on the streets. He was the one who helped Song Yucheng reclaim his house, found him a teacher to teach him etiquette and knowledge, and raised him until now. But now, the young man had somehow turned all of that into a joke about how he had to light incense at his ancestors' graves to meet Song Yucheng, and how Song Yucheng was blind to fall in love with him, Xu Muzhi.

Did he hear it wrong?

The immense humiliation and embarrassment made Xu Muzhi's face turn red. But the young man was always straightforward and he had no room to retort. He could only stand there dumbly, smiling the entire time. He felt like he had never been so powerless in his life.

But what made him even more embarrassed was the situation on the other end of Song Yucheng's live broadcast, which had somehow completely reversed.

There's no need for any crisis PR, nor any need for any water army to manipulate public opinion. Song Yucheng just relied on the facts to shut up all those who criticized them, and even slapped those who doubted him in the face!

Even if those keyboard warriors use their imagination for the rest of their lives, they cannot imagine that Song Yucheng's homestay still hides such wonders.

Perhaps this is what the ancients often referred to as a country residence, meaning a tranquil and peaceful life in the countryside.

Ten minutes ago, the leader of Chu Rong's fan club was almost stunned by the scene that greeted her as soon as she got off the car.

The peaceful small village, the beautiful scenery, and the simple and honest folk customs were all genuine and not mixed with any falsehood. And in order to welcome her, the first guest, Song Yucheng, and his group changed into Hanfu costumes.

It can be seen that they were made in a hurry, with some of the stitches not delicate enough. But the rustic charm could be perfectly presented. The simple cotton and linen fabric, using only the simplest blue dyeing process, added a touch of elegance.

This elegance is not the high and mighty kind of aristocracy, but the elegance of a small family. It makes the few young men and women look even more attractive. They stood in a row in front of the small courtyard, like the most beautiful scenery.

As for the room, it was also made very comfortable, with the simplest decorations, but with the most artistic style. Even if there were some rough edges, it did not matter, it added a kind of down-to-earth affinity to the artistry. The natural coolness of the grass and rattan eliminated the summer heat. All that was left was a comfortable atmosphere. With just a cup of iced tea and some delicious snacks, one could enjoy a perfect afternoon.

In one sentence, even if you just sit on the threshold and enjoy the breeze, such a room is the ultimate enjoyment.

The programs carefully arranged by Li Zhao and the others behind them were even more interesting. Li Zhao led a group of people to catch fish in the water and pick vegetables in the field, even not letting go of the chicken coop, they went in and grabbed a couple, only stopping after being pecked by the protective mother hen.

And what they harvested were the ingredients for dinner. Song Yucheng's homestay has no fixed menu, so they just pick whatever they want to eat. They don't have to worry about the kitchen staff not being able to handle it. They have been living here for generations and know everything about every ingredient. Even the simplest sautéed vegetables can be made into a unique and refreshing taste.

And the most pleasing thing is that they are not secretive, as long as you don't mind, the kitchen can be the most lively place in the whole yard.

In the summertime, the days are always longer, and at around five or six o'clock, the sun has not yet set, but wisps of cooking smoke have already risen from the chimney at the stove.

The young wives with their rural accents are not very efficient at work and are accompanied by noisy teenagers. When they discover a peculiarly shaped potato, they shout out in excitement, and they marvel at the fish in the small bucket when they touch it.

Laughter and conversation fill the air, without the apparent formality found in large hotels. Even when lunch is only halfway prepared, if you suddenly have an idea, you can share it with the cooking sisters, who will satisfy your every whim.

At the moment when the last pot of delicious food is ready, the natural freshness and sweetness, without any complicated processing, are enough to satisfy your taste buds.

And after dinner, the freshly picked mulberries in the yard and the cherries from the backyard are the best snacks.

But all of the above are just basic food and drink. The most stunning arrangement designed by Song Yucheng is the simulation of ancient life. If you want, you can enjoy a day here in the mode of ancient people. Even clothing is readily available.

In the words of Song Yucheng's fans, he is like a never-ending treasure trove. You never know how amazing his talent can be.

Not only is he skilled in blue dyeing, but even in the relatively niche technique of cherry blossom dyeing, Song Yucheng is also adept at it.

With white gauze and the juice of light pink flower petals as the most natural dye, in Song Yucheng's clever design, even the simplest dress can bring a dreamy and beautiful sight of falling petals.

Adding the cleverly crafted accessories of two young girls, such as hairpins made of grass weaving and peach wood branches, light and delicate, as well as beautiful silk flowers and elegantly colored headbands, a woman with ancient charm dressed in Hanfu is freshly baked. In this village, such attire does not cause much curiosity among the people, who are accustomed to it and will even kindly compliment "what a beautiful little girl."

"It’s really amazing here!" Holding a camera, the leader of the fan group stood on the edge of the field, enjoying everything she saw and experienced, feeling immersed in it all.

And at this moment, the netizens in the main live broadcast room also had the same thoughts.

"It's really beautiful! It's not a loss for one thousand yuan."

"Yes! Just this Hanfu and accessories alone are worth a lot. I heard that you can take this set of clothes with you when you leave. This is Cherry Blossom dyeing, and now this kind of pure handmade original Hanfu, without even counting the hair accessories, costs several hundred yuan."

"The food is also good. Did you see the big pot of rice they brought out at night? This is the taste of rural homes! It makes my mouth water just looking at it."

"It's really...I came here to criticize, but now I'm inexplicably being sold something, and even want to spend money to experience it!"

"You're not alone upstairs."

"+1!"

As time passed, more and more netizens were attracted by the homestay designed by Song Yucheng, and the theme of the homestay was carefully introduced to everyone by the production team - the quintessence lost in time and space.

Hanfu, willow weaving, grass weaving, indigo dyeing, and cherry blossom dyeing were some of the most common folk crafts in the past. However, with the development of technology, handmade craftsmen have gradually been replaced by machines, and these skills have gradually moved away from the noisy crowds and become niche.

As for the traditional recipes passed down by the village women, they were the most shocking.

They lived in this small village all year round, accustomed to self-sufficiency. However, their plain and mediocre lives did not weaken their vision but instead endowed them with even more magical wisdom and creativity. With the help of Song Yucheng's ingenious ideas, there was nothing they couldn't create.

A simple version of the oven achieved Chinese pastries.

The collision of oil pastries and various fruits and flowers brought the most top-notch culinary feast. And at dinner, the enthusiastic villagers also contributed their own specialties of flower-shaped buns. Various kinds of steamed buns could be made into a beautiful table with just a chopstick, a comb, and a pair of scissors.

It was more like artwork than food.

Seeing this scene, not only did the fan group leader widen her eyes in surprise but also everyone who watched the live broadcast was immersed in it. Even the trolls couldn't say anything negative. Some even had the idea of going on a spontaneous trip and forgetting about the hustle and bustle of the city, as well as the pressure of life, to enjoy a day of leisure in this small village.

Even if it's just about eating some wild game or enjoying the scenery, the satisfaction that can be obtained is boundless. After all, this kind of lifestyle is the true definition of a vacation, which is what everyone longs for.

Therefore, when the program team released the contact number, it was no longer ignored. However, the phone lines were swamped within a few minutes, and the person in charge of answering the calls, Li Zhao, was overwhelmed. In the end, it was up to Song Yucheng to take charge and he decided to accept only ten groups of guests.

But just as they were about to confirm the next guest, bad news suddenly struck. The National Internet Administration ordered the immediate suspension of "Swapping Lives" for rectification, citing issues related to idol behavior and illegal operation of homestays.

In the live broadcast, everyone watched in shock as the local police knocked on the program team's door before they could even end the stream.

"Hello, we need to talk to Song Yucheng and Chu Rong about some matters," said the police officer.

 

0