Chapter 15 – Shopping (2)
1.3k 14 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Each group arrived at their respective floors and as if all of them were simultaneously high on drugs, they started to go on a crazy shopping spree.

Funny enough, Nadina, the owner of Le Dragon D'or, doesn't even know the place as well as her puppets do. After all, she wasn't the one who designed the place, Fen did.

In order to create the materials from the modern world back on Earth, Nadina transferred her memories of everything she knew about such things into the minds of her puppets so that they could recreate them.

She appointed Fen as the manager for all the branches of Le Dragon D'or, which is why he's usually in his human form going around and organizing all the profit they earned from selling products on a daily basis.

Fen is living a good life, no, an extremely carefree live because he only uses 2-3 hours at most to actually do his work, while he makes use of the rest to play these interesting things named video games.

Of course, he does all of that inside Nadina's spiritual space because he actually build a home there and he says it's the most comfortable place.

Back to the present

-With Lyra and Nicolas-

"Alright, so the first stop is this shop named Qloinu and it sells cheap, but very aesthetically pleasing clothes."

"Aww, Lyraaaa~ Shopping for clothes is so boring! How about we go to that cool attraction called-- wait, what was it called again? Oh right! How about we go to the newly opened arcade instead?"

"Say. That. Again?", Lyra looked at Nicolas with a smile, that couldn't exactly be called a smile.

Instantly, the latter shut up because he knew that with his childhood friend's attitude, the smile she had just displayed meant only one thing: comply or die. Which is also why he ended up forcing out a, "Actually, I was just kidding, haha! Going to buy new and pretty clothes is totally my thing and it's definitely going to be super fun!"

Only then did Lyra drop the threatening smile and change it into an enthusiastic one, "Oh, you joker! Of course it's fun, now get going!"

Nicolas swore that he saw the grim reaper right in front of him for a split second.

'It can't be that bad, right? Lyra's such an adventurous and upright person, she'll get bored of it after a while... right?', he lamented.

However, Nicolas was still underestimating Lyra's ability to keep this up for hours as he hesitantly walked straight into the clothing store, in other words, a women's battlefield.

- - -

-With Myers and Reito-

"Hey, do you find something off about the little bratty princess today?", asked Reito.

"Well yeah, duh. I mean, starting from the way she's dressed, it's obvious that something within her had changed tremendously", replied Myers with a perplexed expression.

"I definitely agree with your statement; however, I won't lie and say that I hate this change, because I honestly don't"

"B-but! Don't you find it suspicious? How can someone have a sudden 180 degrees change of attitude?"

"Maybe she decided to transform into a better person after seeing the glorious Lord Fen demonstrate his awesomeness yesterday?"

"Perhaps, but I just feel like something isn't right, you know! It's like an instinctive reaction of fear whenever I look into those eyes of hers... not to mention, my little Myers (aka his d*ck) throbs in pain whenever I do so."

The only reaction he received was an extremely disgusted look from Reito, as if the other party was staring straight at a pervert.

Myers knew he had f*cked up and wanted to explain himself, but Reito quickly cut him off and said that he would go and explore the 4th floor while Myers could just remain here so they're able to cover more space. However, it was as clear as day that Reito just wanted to distance himself away from Myers.

Before he was able to clarify the situation, Reito had already run up the escalator.

Now, there was just a dumbfounded Myers, who was also feeling very wronged, left.

'Ahhh! So angry!', he cried internally, but ended up obediently appraising the merchandise on the 3rd floor anyways.

- - -

-With Spade and Ace-

...

Absolute Silence.

The two just awkwardly fidgeted around and somehow managed to tactically understand what the other wanted every time they entered a shop. That's how these two also became the most productive pair, as they didn't start any useless discussions.

However, the silence was getting somewhat stifling. After all, these two were known as the Ice and Fire princes of Nokoyami. On top of that, Ace was Nadina's ex-fiance, which would somewhat place Spade into the position of Ace's ex-brother-in-law.

Finally, Spade, despite the fact that he usually acts cold towards anyone who isn't his sister but is actually a huge chatterbox, gave in and tried to start up some sort of conversation, "Soooooo, what are your opinions on the engagement annulment between you and my sister?"

"... Mhm"

"..." What the f*ck is 'Mhm'?! Mhm my ass! Why don't you just go and Mhm yourself out of my face! What happened to your usual sunny character?! Why does it feel like I'm the fire prince and you're the ice prince instead? Why did I even bother talking to you!

"I.. don't know for sure if I liked her much, but at least, I know that I had admired her", responded Ace after a while.

"What do you mean by that?", asked Spade, exhilarated that he finally got a response from this damned asshole.

"I wouldn't describe the feeling that I held towards her as love... because deep down, I believe that I've always looked up to her instead. I guess that in a sense, we are kind of the same type of people? You see, her acting, despite it being quite professional, still has some minor flaws here and there. As a fellow two-faced wolf in sheep's clothing, how could I not identify those? However, unlike me, she took on the role of a villain instead of most other individuals who put on a 'good person' face. Up until today, I honestly still couldn't figure out the reason for her actions, but when I first saw the way she dressed, it was as if I got my answer. Everything was all for the sake of cancelling our engagement. I wouldn't say that I didn't feel somewhat disappointed, but I think most of that dissatisfaction was due to the fact that we wouldn't have any ties with each other after this. If possible, I'd really like to be her friend, but from the looks of it, she probably has no such plans."

"Ooookay.. I never knew that your internal dialogue could be so... complicated."

"It feels better to let everything out. I know you wouldn't say anything, so I just casually told you.

"How do you know that I wouldn't spill the beans?"

"It's not in line with your personality. Plus is you did, be prepared for what's going to happen next~", Ace said with a "smile".

"... Alright, alright! I was just kidding!" Naddy's right, he's really creepy...

"Pfftt", Ace chuckled as he shot Spade a rare, genuine smirk, which I gotta tell you, looked as if an angel, no... god had descended onto earth because it radiated so much light and had all these flowery and sparkly background effects, "I gotta say, you're quite an interesting character as well. Even though I have nothing to do with you, nor have we known each other for long, may we still be friends?"

"O-of course!", answered Spade, who was still stunned by the other side's smile. Damn, must this world be so unfair? Why is it that this asshole in front of me is oozing that [Main Character] aura, while despite being quite handsome myself, I've only ever produced a [Supporting Character] or [Second Male Lead] vibe?!

"By the way, I can't remember very well, but I have this feeling that Lord Fen may not have been our true savior at that time, you know?", the person beside him stated, while looking at him with a sly smile.

Spade's heart skipped a beat. Had his sister's secret been leaked? Wait, wait, wait! Please don't look at him like that! He knew nothing at all, absolutely nothing!

"You don't have to look so nervous. Since you were her brother, I figured that you'd know something about this. After all, I am not blind and can tell that Nadina is no ordinary princess, so she must have taken a part in this as everyone would have a secret or two of their own."

Spade finally sighed and gave in, "Haaah, so you knew. Uhh, well, please don't tell Naddy that I told you this, because yeah, she did somewhat take part in this, though I am unable to go into further detail as I would probably end up as a corpse if I did so."

"Yeah... Don't want you dying on me so it's fine, this is also good."

"Also, after talking all that crap about only seeing her as a friend and such, why would you say 'You shouldn't underestimate a prince, because I'll still court you whenever I can, and win your heart fairly'?", Spade said in attempt to diverge the topic as he didn't want Ace to suddenly 'change his mind' and ask about these forbidden affairs again.

"I did?", the other side eyed him suspiciously.

"Ah! Uhh, forget that!" Sh*t I'm so dead! Forgive me Naddy! Your dearest onii-chan didn't mean to say that! Of all the topics I could have chosen, why that?!

"I see... Nadina probably did something along the lines of erasing and replacing our memories, right? No wonder I got such a weird feeling after I woke up...", he said after contemplating for a few seconds.

"..." F*ck! I hate smart people!

"Then, I'll take your silence as a consent. As a reward, I'll answer your question. Since it's pretty much positive that Lord Fen wasn't the one who asked us to cancel our engagement, it also wouldn't have been in line with my personality to just listen to some random person, despite them being my savior. Therefore, Nadina was most likely the one who called it off. I probably said those words because other bystanders were also watching in, so I still needed to keep up my facade, therefore, I made up something random on the spot. After all, as a prince, I still need some face, you know? Though, I wasn't joking about the part where I said I'd win her heart fairly. Just that it's not the romantic portion of her heart, but the friendship section."

"Ohhhhh... that's nice..." Tell me, why do I need to know all this?

"I know that you probably didn't really care and are probably asking why you need to know all this, but treat it as a step closer to becoming good friends! Best friends never hide things from each other, you know? Anyways, we came here today to have fun, not talk about such serious affairs. Cheer up!"

'... Holy sh*t! Don't just go reading my mind! Creepy! Creepy! Really creepy!!! Important things must be said three times! Naddy, your onii-chan is proud of you for breaking things off with this scary man in front of me!'

"Yeeeaaah... You know what? It's already been quite some time and I think we're already done the 5th floor, so let's go onto the 6th one and finish up the rest of our task!", Spade said as he grabbed the latter's arm and dragged him onto the escalator.

Ace, the person in question, just shook his head and smiled.

- - -

-With Nadina, Liam and Melodie-

"Nee, nee, Naddy-sama~ What would you like to do first? Would you like to eat? Take a dip in the newly opened limited edition hot springs? Or perhaps...me?" (Author: Based off of the "Would you like dinner? A bath? Or perhaps...me?" phrase)

"..." What. The. Actual. F*ck..?!

"Pfftt" Liam, who was on the other side of Nadina, tried his best not to burst out in hysterical laughter from seeing the interactions between the two; however, he ultimately let out an accidental chuckle. Melodie, Nadina's #1 hardcore fangirl, had been acting like this for the past three hours. Meanwhile, poor Nadina was just at the side enduring all of this.

"If you like to laugh so much, I'll make sure you'll do so for the rest of your life!", Nadina sent a glare at Liam, which made shivers travel down his spine, so he decisively shut up and tried to act as if everything was normal, even though his expression completely betrayed his thoughts.

"Waaahh~ Naddy-sama is so cool! Please bear my babies!", cried the helpless fangirl on the other side.

"..." Babies your mother! Who wants to bear your babies! What happened to the pure white lotus heroine I was promised? Who is this brain-damaged imbecile right beside me?!

"Here, how about this? We're already done with exploring basically everything and have collected sufficient information to use as an inspiration for our project, so how about we go and grab a bite at some fancy restaurant? It is pretty much lunchtime already, after all!", Liam suggested, seeing that Nadina was about to blow off her top.

The two agreed, as they were also feeling pretty hungry. 

They arrived at some fancy sushi restaurant and completely stuffed themselves with food, especially Nadina who not only stole over half of Liam's food, but also made him pay the bill, using the excuse of having spent all her money.

Liam was completely rendered speechless at this shameless behavior because he was with her the entire time and had not seen her buy a single thing. When he brought up the issue, the other party just 'tsked' in annoyance and told the waitress that they didn't want to pay.

The most surprising part is that the maid who brought them their food actually didn't mind! She even brought out the boss and they both sent them off with big, bright smiles, as if they were just done a great favor. 

What is this difference in treatment? Why did he have to pay for all this things he bought? Why is it that when he said that he was a little short of money at one of the stores they went to earlier, the shop owner actually threw him out?!

"Sister in la--- I mean, Nadina! Why did the owner say that you didn't have to pay?!"

"Oh, 'cause I own the place" Nadina said without the slightest intention of hiding the fact.

"I see! It's because you own the place, huh... Wait. What?"

"I said, that I own this place. I. Own. This. Mall. Get it?" 

Liam and Melodie were both shocked at this sudden turn of events and just dumbfoundedly stared at the person walking in front of them. Is it just them, or does it seem like her image had gotten bigger?

Finally, as her obsessed fan, Melodie quickly accepted the fact that only her idol could do something so great, she squealed, "Kyaaa! Naddy-sama is the best! You're probably the richest person in Sairale and the most awesome, kind-hearted and coolest one! Hey! You over there! Let's cheer together in celebration of my dear Naddy-sama's awesomeness! Give me an N! Give me an A! Give me an D! Give me an I! Give me an N! Give me an A! What does it say? NADINA!!!"

The person she called out to just gave her a weird look and quickly walked away while muttering something about meeting a psychopath.

Once again, Liam and Nadina ended up looking at this crazy girl in a new light. They knew she was a huge fan of Nadina, but not SUCH a big one that she'd completely go insane for her!

"F*cking stupid", Nadina cursed.

"Mentally retarded", Liam chimed in.

Melodie seemed to not have heard a word they said, because she continued to skip down the path as she sang a song about how awe inspiring Nadina is, which, not to mention, also attracted many strange stares from other customers.

Nadina had only one thing to express: I think I broke her...

So, Nadina just took out a sweet potato she got from who knows where and started munching on it to placate her belly full of anger.

- - -

-With Lyra and Nicolas-

"Lyrrrraaaa~ Please *huff* stop *pants* shopping for a *huff* while!"

"What is that? You were too incoherent, so I didn't hear you clearly! Can you say that again?"

"For gods sake, it's already 1:00 P.M! Can we please eat lunch or something? I'm starving and tired as heck! Heavens, we've already been to 37 different stores and shopped for 4 consecutive hours! I have good stamina, but I really can't do this anymore!", cried Nicolas, who was on the verge of tears. You don't say, this is boring as heck! Even swordsmanship practice with that devil named Darius wasn't as tiring as this!

"Hmm~ That's pretty true. I'm also feeling a bit of fatigue creeping up on me and I guess that I'm a bit hungry as well. How about this? Let's go eat something simple, then resume our binge shopping for the rest of the time?"

"Please... no moooorrreeee!", cried the poor Nicolas who constantly regretted his decision in partnering up with this shopping fanatic back then. 

"Oh my~ It's quite loud here! Can I bother you to repeat what you said earlier, Ni. Co. Las. Cl. Ark?~"

"H-hahahahaha! N-nevermind! I was talking about the fact that I'd be delighted to purchase new products with you!", sobbed the extremely wronged Nicolas, as he knew that when his childhood friend said his name in syllables, it mean that he was going to be sent straight to his grave if he came up with the wrong answer. 

"Now, that wasn't so hard, was it? Let's go eat~"

'Somebody, anybody, please, stop this girl who had clearly gone mad!', he internally grieved at his crappy luck.

- - -

-With Myers and Reito-

Yeah, there's really nothing much to talk about here, other than the fact that these two hadn't really talked to each other because Reito was constantly avoiding Myers, whom he now thought of as someone that is extremely immoral. He must've had some terrible error in his judgement to have become friends with someone like this!

Meanwhile, Myers was just sulking in some corner of the shop, berating himself over saying something really, really stupid. Did he rob some deity in his past life to deserve this?!

"Achoo!", sneezed the culprit, Nadina, who clearly had no idea of the crazy events happening on the other floors as she already had her hands full of a certain fangirl who's brain seemed to have a screw loose.

"Ahh! Naddy-sama, are you sick? Should I take you to the royal healers and ask them to do a full body check on you?", asked Melodie, who was now clinging onto her.

"..." Sick your head! Your the sick one! Your whole family's sick!

"Pfftt"

"Liam, you shut the f*ck up!"

"..." 。・゚ヾ(✦థ Д థ)ノ。゚・。

Yoyoyo~ Author-sama here!
Mewwy Christmas ya'll~
Since it's X-mas already, I'll be releasing an early chapter, therefore, here ya go!
Enjoy and have a happy holidays!

34