5: Skill Book
1.7k 4 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Austin pulled his sword back and swung it down once again.

with a few more slashes the zombie was finally decapitated and fell onto the ground silently after an eerie screech.

"phew"

Austin wiped away the sweat beads rolling off his forehead and used the grass below him to clean off his sword.

[Killed! Zombie] 

his level percentage had increased after the kill!

looking down at his sword, Austin felt like if it wasn't for this sword, he would probably have a hard time killing even a regular lvl 1 zombie.

the zombies had natural battle instincts, although still stupid, and seemed to carry more physical strength in their bodies than the average human.

Austin watched as the zombie's corpse disappeared into the air.

what lay there was a bunch of money, a body-refining pill, and what seemed to be a strange blue book.

Austin picked up the money and counted it.

it was exactly 50 dollars.

he clicked his tongue and looked at the many 5$ bills.

"How extravagant" 

Austin then lifted the body-refining pill, after taking it out of the bottle he swallowed the whole pill.

the familiar feeling traveled down his throat like a serum and the feeling of his strength increasing took over his body.

looking at the book which lay on the ground, Austin picked it up curiously and looked at it.

[mana control (Lvl 1)] 

"a skill book" He widened his eyes in shock, he got a skill book so early.

Austin kept his gaze on the skill book for a short while before a screen appeared in front of the skill book.

[mana control (Lvl 1)] 

would you like to learn this skill?

[Yes/No]

Austin immediately selected the "yes" option.

the skill book turned into a flash of light before it entered his body.

[Status]

Host: Austin Smith

Age: 18

Level: 2 (93%)

Skills: Mana Control (1)

The moment the skill entered Austin's mind he automatically knew how to use it.

Mana was the energy that embodied all living beings, but even so not all living beings could utilize this formless energy.

Mana, with many names, could be known as a spiritual energy, chi, ki, etc.

Although it was formless energy, it could be shaped into many forms and deal a lot of damage.

Austin put his thoughts to the back of his head and entered the room which he had opened before.

only after locking the door behind him did Austin sit down and release all his pent-up stress through a heavy breath.

"Now, this new ability," he said in excitement, not only was mana good for his body in terms of strengthening it, he could use it to create many techniques.

even flight was possible with the help of mana.

Austin stood up slowly and lifted his sword.

with a simple thought, mana erupted from his body before returning to a singular point, glowing through his blood vessels and limbs before it entered the sword!

feeling the coursing energy through his body, Austin motioned it to his sword and slashed out!!

"Ha" 

bang!!!

a wave of wind was released from his sword and slammed into the table inside the small room, sending the torn papers on it flying around the room.

"This feels amazing," Austin said before looking down at the simple sword in his hands.

he continued this action and swung his sword over and over again using mana control.

since mana was all around, he could easily replenish his energy by circulating the mana control skill to absorb the energy around him.

After a while of swinging the mana-covered sword around, a holographic screen appeared in front of Austin.

[Mana Control level up! lvl: 2]

but it didn't stop there.

[Due to the continuous action of striking with mana, a new skill has been created, Default name: Mana Strike, do you want to change the name]

Austin read through the words and decided to keep the name of the skill the same, after all, it, fit perfectly.

"to think continuously doing actions could produce skills, this is a gamer's system," Austin thought before circulating his mana around his body.

he wanted to go fight more zombies, after all, he was so close to leveling up.

Austin didn't need to do much, after opening the door in front of him, which led inside the university and he immediately noticed the presence of many zombies all around.

"My perception increased," Austin thought while he peeked out of the door, with the help of mana he could sense all of the zombies that were within a few meters of range from him.

Austin had a sense of confidence in himself now that he had new abilities, he rushed out of the door towards the nearest zombie.

from a distance of 5 meters, Austin swung his sword out toward the zombie before it could even react!

swoosh!!

a wave of mana was sent flying toward the zombie, the mana strike embodied the sharpness of a sword and slashed at the zombie.

puchi!!!

before the zombie could react it was immediately split in half and its head was sent flying into the distance!

[ding!

level up!!

current level: 3] the system's robotic voice resounded throughout Austin's head the moment the zombie died, signaling that he had leveled up.

As Austin leveled up, he felt his body become a lot stronger, he now felt like a young bodybuilder who had lifted weights and trained all his life, a spectacular feeling.

picking up the money the lvl 1 zombie had dropped, Austin then prepared to head off deeper into the school, but...

[Ding!

30-minute daily dungeon time limit is up (if the host wants to stay in a dungeon longer please level up more)] 

the system said!

the dungeon shattered into pieces like a glass vase before it disappeared.

Austin instantly appeared back outside where he was standing previously, but all the armor that he wore inside the dungeon returned to his inventory, including the sword. 

The scene where he was previously before creating the dungeon could still be seen, as the huge yard that was still filled with many students.

---------

Patrëon. com/ShadowDeity for chapters up to 23 

54