Chapter 58 – “I love you, Mom!”
289 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the perfect plan so that he would never be able to suck enough energy to reveal the blessing, but Enid hadn't counted on a new soul entering his body. A totally different soul, with different experiences, who didn't understand the fear she had purposely created in a child.

Ethan began to feel his body heat up and a huge anger takes over his mind. It was as if that anger had been stuck there for a long time, as if it didn't belong to Ethan, but to his body.

He walked furiously down the stairs, looking for Enid.

She was on her back, quietly preparing lunch.

"Where is it?" Ethan said, angrily.

"Where's what?" Enid asked, confused, turning to him.

"WHERE'S MY NECKLACE?". Ethan shouted, furious.

Enid stood still for a few seconds, unresponsive.

"I know you hid it! WHERE is the necklace?". Ethan started walking toward Enid.

"I don't know what you're talking about!". Enid said, firmly. "It's not my fault if you have no responsibility with your stuff!".

"Are you going to play crazy now?". Ethan asked, irritated, heading toward the living room.

"ETHAN! Talk straight to me!". Enid replied, irritated, following him.

"Why don't you just stop lying? That would be so much easier...". Ethan replied, sarcastically.

"I lied, about what?". Enid asked.

"Do you really think I don't know the truth? That I don't know anything about Hayden? About how you didn't let him have contact with me?". Ethan stopped searching and began to look at Enid.

"This talk again, Ethan? I told you Hayden is just a random name. I don't know who this guy is!". Enid said, rolling her eyes.

"Who's my dad?" Ethan asked, seriously.

"Your father died when you were little.". Enid replied, irritated.

Ethan began to giggle, looking away.

"What are you laughing at?". Enid asked, infuriated.

Ethan started to approach Enid while laughing: “Oh, Enid… Don't you get tired of acting like this? First, separate a child from his father, lie about his origins, and make him grow up in fear of everything and everyone. When he finally discovers the truth, you insist on lying and being manipulative. Don't you get tired of being a terrible mother? If I should call you that..."

Enid slaps Ethan across the face, causing him to shut up. At the same moment, Enid begins to tremble and puts her hand over her mouth, sorry for what she has done, her eyes filling with tears.

Ethan looks at her, with no expression on his face. Just a blank look of contempt.

"Ethan, I'm... I'm sorry!". Enid said, slowly approaching Ethan.

He felt anger overwhelm his body. Particles of shadow began to appear down his arms, and Ethan knew that his eyes were beginning to change color again. He couldn't reason straight.

"Your eyes...." Enid braked in her tracks, looking startled at Ethan.

Ethan revealed the shadow flames on his hands, causing Enid to take a few steps backward in fear.

He couldn't see anything in front of him, only anger incubating in his body, unable to think about what he was doing.

Ethan began to walk slowly toward his mother, who backed away in fear.

Then, just as Ethan was about to explode, Enid ran up to Ethan and hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, son! I just didn't want to lose you! I didn't want to lose you!". She began to repeat as she cried and trembled.

Ethan stood still, regaining consciousness. Realizing what was happening. He hugged Enid back, hiding the flames from the shadows.

- She's your mother, you idiot! What do you think you're doing? - Ethan thought, in shock, hugging Enid tightly.

'It is believed that whoever gets this power will destroy everything that gets in her way.' He remembered what the article said.

The two continued hugging for a few minutes until Ethan completely regained his sanity and Enid calmed down.

"I'll tell you everything, but I need you to promise me to think before you act!". Enid said, handing Ethan a cup of coffee.

They were sitting in the back of the house, wrapped in warm blankets. The day was already getting dark, causing the sun to hide.

“I met your father at work. He was a customer at the coffee shop I worked at and the hottest guy in town. All my female friends were in love with him, but nobody knew much about his life.” Enid said, taking a sip of her coffee. “I didn't pay much attention to him, you know? I was very focused on my studies, I wanted to pass the police course. I think that's what made him attracted to me.". Enid said, letting out a sincere smile.

Ethan smiled.

[Just Enid talking]

"Then Hayden asked me out. We went to a very fancy restaurant in town at the time. I don't think it even exists anymore...". She said, kind of upset. "But it was all amazing. He was incredible. He treated me like a queen, did everything to please me, and protect me. He was a wonderful man. It didn't take him long to propose to me. I have the pictures to this day!". Enid said, handing the photos to Ethan in a dusty box.

Ethan took the photos and finally saw Hayden. He looked just like Ethan's memories. He was tall and strong, with black hair and striking eyes.

"I felt bad about throwing them away. These are great memories!" Enid said, looking at the pictures next to Ethan. She looked sad.

"A few years later, I finally got pregnant! Hayden was crazy about having kids. He said he wanted like 4 kids running around our house, which I thought was absurd!". Enid said, laughing.

"So when he heard the news, he exploded with happiness. He barely waited until we found out the gender to tell the whole family. And you know the funniest thing? He always told us it was a boy and that his name would be Ethan, even though he didn't know it!" she said, excited.

Ethan started looking at pictures of the two of them while he was still in Enid's belly. They looked happy.

"That's when you were born! You were so chubby and small. You drew everyone's attention with your little yellow eyes! Hayden was completely infatuated with you. He was so proud of the son he had. He was a great father. Enid said happily.

Ethan looked at her, curious, "So, what happened?".

"As the weeks went by, Hayden started acting kind of strange. He always seemed preoccupied and would take a long time to come home from work. I started to think he might be cheating on me, but then came that fateful night...". Enid leaned back in her chair to tell the story.

"It was raining and very windy. I was sitting in the living room with you while we watched TV. Then Hayden came home worried and asked me to pack because we needed to leave town urgently. I didn't understand why, and he said he would explain on the way.

When we got into the car, Hayden started talking about how the other gods had found out about you, and we needed to get out of there before they found you. I didn't understand a word. Other gods? What do you mean Gods? And why did they want to find you? It was then that your father began to explain exactly:

Hayden was Hades! If he had a child with a mortal human, and he survived, the child would acquire the blessing of the shadows. The Olympian gods found out about your birth, and to prevent you from growing up and getting stronger, their successors started hunting you down to kill you.

Ethan... We hid for so long, always changing lives and living like fugitives. With each passing month, you seemed to become more interested in the shadows, which made your trail easier to find.

The last straw came when you almost died to one of them! I simply snapped. I couldn't live with the fear of losing you anymore... I couldn't live with that, Ethan.

So I told Hayden to go away! I asked Hayden to leave us alone and fake his death! I wouldn't let you get killed, even if I needed to hide you from any shadow so you wouldn't be tracked, I would!".

- Tracked? That shadow that followed Mike and me... I wonder if that has something to do with it. - Ethan thought.

"That's when he disappeared. I never heard from him again...". Enid said, with tears in her eyes."

"Do you miss him?". Ethan asked.

"I don't miss him that much anymore, but at first, it was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life... But I'm sure the pain would be much worse if something had happened to you!". Enid said, stroking Ethan's hand.

Ethan smiled at his mother and, with just a look, told her he loved her.


 

We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patre on!

 

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patre on! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patreon.com/toToru

 

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

13