Chapter 61 – Emily Is Complicated
277 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you thought about it?" Ethan asked, smiling.

"Yes I have! I do! I do!" Alice said, bouncing in front of him.

Ethan gently placed his hand on Alice's cheek, giving her icy, grape-flavored lips a kiss.

"I'm glad you called me. I didn't think you would!". Alice said, embarrassed.

"Why did you think that?". Ethan asked, as he caressed her hands.

"Ah, you were taking too long!". Alice replied.

"And why didn't you call me?" Ethan asked, laughing. "Angela asked Eric to go to the dance!

Alice stared at Ethan for a few seconds, pouting, "I like the old way!

Ethan giggled and ruffled Alice's hair, who pushed his hands away.

"So, you and Edward are friends now?". Alice asked, curious.

"He said that?" Ethan asked.

"You guys spent a lot of time together that day. And when he came home, he seemed to be smiling more than usual!". Alice said, laughing briefly.

- Was he happy? I don't know if I believe that. He still seemed to hate me. - Ethan thought.

"Edward doesn't seem like he has many friends, does he?" Ethan asked.

"I don't think he ever made any friends after we met. At least, not that I can remember!". Alice said, looking down. She seemed to care a lot about Edward's feelings.

"I like him! He's a good friend!". Ethan said, trying to cheer Alice up, even though he knew they weren't really friends.

Alice gave Ethan a gentle smile.

"Speaking of that day, what exactly did you say to Bella? She texted me saying that we were superheroes. Why did you lie?" Ethan asked Alice.

"I had a vision that Edward would tell Bella about whom we really are, so I didn't think it was right to intervene. I preferred to just say something silly, that would leave her impressed, but not scared!". Alice said, half reluctantly.

"Is he going to talk about me?". Ethan asked.

"I don't think so! I think he'll pretend you don't exist. She'll have too much stuff to be impressed by. I believe he won't care about that!". Alice said.

The bell rang and they walked into the cafeteria to go to their classrooms.

Before Ethan left the cafeteria, he saw Edward on the other side, staring at him.

Ethan gave Edward a gentle smile, and Edward seemed to be a little disconcerted by this and smiled back.

The day passed and the bell rang again, informing him that classes were over.

He notices the group of his friends (Eric, Tyler, and Mike), standing near the door, and approaches them.

"I don't believe this! It doesn't make any sense!". Mike said, confused.

"I'm so pissed off!". Eric said, annoyed.

"What?" Ethan asked, confused.

"Bella's going out with Edward, man!". Eric replied angrily.

"But aren't you dating Angela?". Ethan asked, curious.

"I just go to the dance with her, we're friends!". Eric replied, indignant.

"You better not let her know that. She seems to like you!". Ethan replied.

Eric rolled his eyes, shrugging.

"Anyway, Edward is really weird!". Eric said, changing the subject.

"Yes, that is very strange! Did you see the way he looks at her?". Mike asked, indignant.

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked.

"It looks like he's going to devour her any moment. It's scary!". Tyler replied.

"The Cullens are really weird! I don't know how anyone has the nerve to hang out with them!".

"Hey, Ethan!" Alice said, approaching him shyly.

Tyler, Mike, and Eric looked at each other confused and a little embarrassed.

"Hey, Alice! What's up?" Ethan smiles, pulling her into the circle of friends.

"Hi boys!". Alice said, gently.

"H-Hi!" They replied, embarrassed. They looked like they had never talked to a girl before.

"Can I talk to you alone?". Alice said, pulling Ethan by the arm.

"Sure! After here I'm going home, guys! See you tomorrow!". Ethan replied, patting Mike on the back, who seemed impressed with Alice.

Ethan began to walk Alice away from the boys.

"Have you guys noticed how cute she is?". Ethan heard Eric speak from afar.

"Of course not! Alice has never even gotten that close to someone like that!" Tyler said, laughing.

Ethan laughed internally.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?". Ethan asked Alice.

"Do you want to come over to my house tomorrow? I'll introduce you better to my family!". Alice said, smiling.

"But they agreed to that?". Ethan asked, remembering Carlisle being irritated with him.

"Edward said he would invite Bella to our house tomorrow. He said I could call you too!". Alice said, excitedly.

- Edward did that? - Ethan thought, confused.

"Sooo...?" Alice asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I will!". Ethan replied, smiling gently.

Alice gave a giant smile and hugged Ethan, excitedly.

"I need to go now! See you tomorrow!". Alice smiled and gave Ethan a kiss on the cheek, and who felt his body shiver.

Ethan followed her with his eyes, watching her walk away, and went home.

When he arrived, a note from Enid was on the table:

'Ethan, there's meat and rice ready in the fridge! I also made some vegetables, but I know you don't like them, so I made some French fries!                   Love you. Mom!'

Ethan took the meat, rice, and vegetables, put them in separate pans, and he heated them on the stove, with a little olive oil, to make them tastier, as if they were freshly made.

While the food was heating up, he quickly grabbed his laptop and turned it on, placing it on the kitchen table.

Ethan opened Orkut and saw that there was a notification:

'You have a new message!'.

Probably Emily had replied.

Ethan took his lunch food and put it on a plate. He sat down at the table, placing the plate next to his laptop, so that he could eat while reading the message.

Emily: ‘Hiiii. How old are u???’.

"Huh?" Ethan muttered aloud.

'Hi, Emily. I'm 17, how are you?' Ethan sent and started eating his food.

Emily: 'Hmmm, u can call me Emy :DD'.

Ethan: 'Hi, Emy :)'.

Emily: 'I'm 15 years old. U're cuuute! w.u'.

- wtf? - Ethan thought.

Ethan: 'Thanks!'

Ethan: 'Did u talk to your dad about me? Can you give me his number?'

Emily: 'Are u dating? XD'.

- Oh my god, what am I getting myself into? - Ethan thought.

Ethan: 'I guess I'm too old for u lol'.

Emily: 'Stop being boring ;;-;;; I'm just asking T-T'.

Emily: 'He's not home right now. Then I'll let him know u want to talk to him.

Ethan: 'Okay, thanks!

Emily: ':3'.

Ethan finished eating his food.

He began to think about Paolo. If he could get in touch with him, how could he get to Maryland, since he was on the other side of the country.

- Would my mother go with me? I need to talk to her... But what about the money? Can we afford it? And who would I stay with? Although my mother lived there, our relatives must be there..." Ethan thought, as he washed the dishes.

He went upstairs to the bedroom and found Umb lying on Ethan's bed, completely stretched out.

Ethan sat down next to the shadow cat.

"Good morning, sleepyhead!". Ethan said, petting Umb's back.

"Look, kitty, I know you and my mom are getting along now, and you don't have to hide anymore, but you need to go back to sleeping inside the closet or at least somewhere dark. This way, you won't improve your skills!" Ethan said, opening the closet door so that Umb could sleep inside.

Umb got up lazily and walked slowly to the closet.

The shadow cat snuggled in and Ethan closed the door, making everything dark inside.

A while later, Ethan received a message on his cell phone.

Bella: 'Ethan, I need to talk!'

Ethan: 'Here we go...'

Bella: 'Idiot! It's something serious!'

Ethan: 'What happened?'

Bella: 'Edward invited me to his house. I'm afraid they won't like me!'.

Ethan: 'You go to a house full of vampires and your biggest concern is that they won't like you? Lol'.

Bella: 'I'm serious!'

Ethan: 'Me too lol! But you can relax a little, because I'm going to their house tomorrow too!'.

Bella: 'What do you mean?'

Ethan: 'Alice invited me too! lol'.

Bella: 'And you're not scared?'.

Ethan: 'Yes. Terrified, but at least I can defend myself'.

Bella: 'I was thinking of taking something to protect myself'.

Ethan: 'Like what?

Bella: 'A clove of garlic.

Ethan: 'Forget that garlic clove, please! I think you'd better not take anything. It might be kind of prejudiced lol'.

Bella: 'You're right lol'.


 

Estamos no Começo do Mês! A melhor hora para se tornar um Patre on!

 

Fiz um Patre para liberar capítulos avançados! Você pode me apoiar lá se quiser, obrigado!

Leia mais de 14 capítulos avançados no Patre on! (2 capítulos diários lançados lá!)

Patreon.com/toToru

 

Servidor Discord:  https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

13