Chapter 62 – “Am I Going To Hell?”
245 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another message arrives at his cell phone:

Alice: 'Are you busy today?'

Ethan: 'I'm not. What do you want to do?'

Alice: 'Can I come over?

Ethan: 'Sure! Did something happen?

Alice: 'I'll tell you when I get there!

Ethan: 'Can you wait 20 minutes to come over? I'm going to take a shower!

Ethan got up and hurried to get ready before Alice arrived.

He took a quick shower and went to his room to change. Umb was still asleep when he opened the closet. He put on some underwear, and before he could change, he heard a strange noise on the window glass.

'TOC TOC'

Alice was tapping on his window, seeing Ethan shirtless.

Ethan's eyes widened, he felt his cheeks turn red, and he hurriedly closed the blinds, while Alice let out a mischievous smile.

He grabbed a pair of comfortable black sweatpants and put them on, along with a baggy white T-shirt. He ran the towel through his hair, trying to make it less damp, ran a perfume through his body, and opened the windows.

"We have a door, you know?" Ethan said, indignantly, as the vampire came through his window.

"Did you know!" Alice said, gently.

"So, what happened? You want to tell me now?". Ethan said, sitting down on the bed.

Alice sat down in front of him and hugged Ethan, without saying a word. She looked distressed, her heart squeezed, even if her heart wasn't beating anymore.

Ethan hugged her back, without saying a word.

"Carlisle doesn't want you to go home.". She said, hugging Ethan tighter.

"Oh..." Ethan said, running his hand through Alice's hair. "Did he say why?".

Alice looked into Ethan's eyes. She was starting to get tears in her eyes.

"You're not going to hurt me, are you, Ethan?". Alice said in a crying voice.

"Oh, Alice, of course not!". Ethan hugged her, placing her head on his chest. "He said that to you, did he?".

"I hate arguing with them. Why can't they try to get to know you? You're not bad! I know you're not!" Alice said, nervously.

"Maybe I can prove to them that I'm not bad, baby, but we better not force it!". Ethan said, frustrated.

"That's so shitty. It's not like they haven't all killed someone already! And worse: for such stupid reasons! You protected Bella. That should be honorable! I'm so angry, I could...". When Alice said that, she started squeezing Ethan harder, to the point where he started to feel his own body being crushed.

"Huh, Alice, you're choking me, baby!". Ethan muttered.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Alice said, letting go of him.

"But what about Edward? Didn't he say I could go?". Ethan asked, curious.

"Yes, he did! He even tried to convince Carlisle, but all he did, was say that he knows your type, that you're not who you seem to be... What is he talking about, Ethan?" Alice asked, confused.

Ethan took a deep breath.

- I hope this doesn't go to shit... - He thought, reluctantly.

"Remember the day you told me you were a vampire?" Ethan asked, pulling Alice into a hug as he leaned his torso against the pillows.

"Yes, of course!". Alice replied.

"Were you nervous telling that?". Ethan asked.

"Yes! I was afraid you were going to freak out, or I don't know...disappear!". Alice said, mulling it over.

"Well, I didn't! Then you need to promise me you won't!". Ethan said, stroking Alice's short hair.

"I won't! I promise!" Alice said.

"Alice... I am the son of Hades!". Ethan said, firmly.

Alice was quiet for a few seconds, not saying a word.

Then she lifted her body out of the embrace and looked at Ethan:

"Are you kidding me? What a stupid thing to do!" She said, not believing it.

"What? I'm serious, man!". Ethan said, surprised.

"Hades, Ethan? You're going to tell me there are other gods out there, fucking ordinary women? Alice said, laughing.

"Don't talk like that, because my mother is in the middle of it!". Ethan replied, joking.

"Oh, sorry mother-in-law!". Alice said, looking away, disguising what she said.

Ethan faced Alice with a shy smile.

"Yes! Apologize!". He said, pulling her close again. "But no, that's not what happens!".

"Then how does it work? Do you know him?". Alice asked, curious.

"Basically, a giant Olympic war, the Gods need offspring, my father fell in love with my mother, blah blah blah... And no, I don't know him. I've seen him in pictures and in some dreams, but I never saw him again after I grew up." Ethan said.

"But I still don't understand. Why should I stay away from you?". Alice asked.

"I am a child of 'evil,' I think. Legend has it that the shadows will consume me and I will turn into chaos and destruction. I will exterminate mankind!". Ethan said, petting Alice's head.

"You don't look bad to me!". Alice said, enjoying the affection as if it were a cat.

"Sometimes I wonder about that... I don't feel like doing random evil even when I'm in a rage. I wonder if this will evolve into wanting to destroy everything and everyone...". Ethan said, reflecting on what he said.

"I'll kill you if you start freaking out!". Alice said, laughing.

Ethan laughed and ruffled Alice's hair.

They were quiet for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's company.

"Am I going to hell?" Alice asked. She looked sad.

"What?" Ethan was confused.

"For being a vampire...a cursed being!". She continued.

"I don't think so, I don't know. I don't know how that works!". Ethan said.

Alice seemed to have been saddened by the news.

"But I won't let you go to hell, even if they send me there as punishment!". He continued.

"Well, there is your home now!". Alice said.

"True! So anyway, I'm going to hell for sure. At least I can stay with you there!". Ethan said, laughing.

Alice smiled shyly.

"Come to think of it, I don't think it's such a bad place!". Alice said, relaxing into Ethan's chest.

They stayed cuddled until time went by and Ethan fell asleep, while cuddling Alice's head.

Suddenly, the alarm clock rang and Ethan opened his eyes, confused.

"Alice?" Ethan muttered.

He was lying there, covered, but in the same clothes as last night. Alice was no longer in his room.

He reached for his cell phone and there was a message on it:

Alice: 'Thank you for today! Sleep well <3'.

Ethan stretched and got up to get some coffee, since his class would be starting soon.

From downstairs, Ethan could hear Enid's voice. She seemed to be doing a baby voice while talking to something.

"Mom? What are you doing?" Ethan said, coming down the stairs.

It was then that he saw Enid crouched down, talking to Umb.

"Who's my baby? You're my baby! Aren't you little Umb? Are you my baby?" Enid said, as Umb rolled from side to side like a dog, all excited.

"My god, Mom! You're turning my secret weapon into a fat, lazy pet!". Ethan said laughing, as he went to get something from the refrigerator.

Umb stared at Ethan with concern.

"That's a lie, Umb! He's just jealous because I love you more!". Enid said, jokingly. "You didn't even see what I bought him!". Enid said excitedly, going to get some things.

"You bought it for Umb?". Ethan asked.

Then Enid comes back with a big dog bed, along with some toys and a pot of food.

"Look how cute! He loved it!". Enid said, letting Umb roll around on the new bed of that.

"You know Umb doesn't eat, right?". Ethan said, picking up the pot of feed she had bought. "And he changes shape too, I don't know how much use buying a bed is!".

"You need to give Umb more affection, Ethan! Look how happy he gets!". Enid said, picking up a little toy ball and tossing it to the shadow cat.

Umb didn't have the personality to match the animal he appeared to be, so it was normal for him to act like a dog while having the form of a cat.

"At least you have a companion...". Ethan said, watching her play with him. "Ah, I have something important to ask you. How can I get to Maryland?". Ethan asked.

 

----

We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patre on!

 

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patre on! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patre on.com/toToru

 

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

11