Chapter 63 – Family Dinner
245 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Maryland? Why do you want to go there?" Enid asked, stopping playing with Umb.

"I need to meet with Paolo!". Ethan replied.

"Huh? Did you get a chance to talk to him? What did he talk about?" Enid asked, curious.

"Actually, not yet. I'm thinking in case I can!". Ethan replied.

"Well, you have an aunt who lives there! You can stay at her house! You'll just need the money for the passage.". Enid said.

"Can you help me with that?". Ethan asked.

"I don't know if we have any money left this month, when are you planning on going?". Enid asked.

"I have no idea. Maybe after the dance..." Ethan said.

"Oh, are you going to the dance? Who did you call?". Enid asked, excitedly.

"I invited Alice to go with me!". Ethan replied.

"I knew it! Are you guys dating? When are you going to introduce me to her?". Enid asked, excitedly.

"We're not dating. I'm still getting to know her...". Ethan said, looking away.

"Oh, stop being silly! You've been going out with her for a while now, that I know of. If I were you, I'd ask her out and introduce her to me!". Enid said, smiling.

"Maybe I'll introduce you to her then!". Ethan said, going upstairs. "Come on Umb! Let's go to sleep! You guys have played a lot today!".

Umb ran upstairs, hopping up the steps like a little rabbit.

Ethan put Umb inside the closet and fell asleep.

The other day, Ethan went to class. Nothing important happened that day. Then the day passed, and the bell rang, informing him that classes had come to an end.

"Ethan!" He heard a voice calling out.

Ethan looked back and saw Alice approaching. She seemed much happier since the last time he saw her.

"Shall we go to my place?". She said, smiling.

"Huh? But didn't you tell me you had a fight with Carlisle?". Ethan asked, confused.

"I convinced him to give you a chance. He gave all of us a chance, why not include you, right?". Edward said, approaching the two with a gentle smile.

This seemed a little suspicious to Ethan. Edward didn't seem to have built up such a friendship with him to help with anything.

"Oh, all right! Thanks." Ethan said, his voice low.

"Then let's go! My car is parked nearby!". Edward said, turning around.

Ethan and Alice walked towards the car. Edward and Alice sat in the front seat, while Bella and Ethan sat in the back seat.

Ethan and Bella looked at each other. They seemed a little more relaxed being in each other's presence.

A few minutes later, they arrived at the Cullens' house.

Bella, getting out of the car, looked impressed. The house was even more beautiful than in the movies, so he could understand how she felt.

"It's amazing here!". Bella said, looking around the house.

"It's well lit, huh? I thought it was pretty fucked up!". Ethan said, looking at Bella.

"Come on, let's go inside!". Alice said, as she grabbed Ethan's arm and led him bouncing inside.

"You look very happy!". Ethan said, smiling.

"I'm very very very happy!". She said, not taking the huge smile off her face.

"I thought it would be different...". Bella said, admiring the house from the inside.

"Different how? Did you think we would have coffins and dungeons?". Edward made a joke.

"Yes!" Bella replied, causing Edward to stop laughing instantly.

"Where are your parents?". Ethan asked, trying to break the mood.

"Oh, they're upstairs! Let's go up there!". Edward said, taking off Bella's coat, who looked too shy, looking at Ethan.

Ethan gave Bella a gentle smile, trying to cheer her up.

They went upstairs and before they could find their family, Ethan could hear Rosalie saying:

"Hm, that smells human! They're coming!".

Upon entering the kitchen, they came across Edward's family cooking.

"Welcome!". When Carlisle comes across Ethan, he looks uncomfortable, but tries to be gentle.

"You must be Bella and you must be Ethan, am I right?". Esme said, gently.

She looked loving.

"This is Esme, our mommy!". Alice said, hugging Esme gently.

"Very nice to meet you, Esme!". Ethan said smiling, while Bella just gave a dull, embarrassed smile, hiding behind Edward.

"I hope you guys are hungry! We're making Italian food. You like it, right?" Esme asked, excited.

"We finally opened the kitchen, thanks to you! Carlisle said gently.

"I'm starving!" Bella said.

"Me too! I don't..." Before Ethan could respond, Edward answered:

"Actually, she already ate!".

Everyone in the kitchen stared at Ethan and Bella, a little uncomfortable. Rosalie then, with fury in her eyes, smashed the salad plate in her hands, causing it to break whole.

"PERFECT!" Rosalie says, irritated.

- What's the point? - Ethan thought, staring at Edward, indignant at what he said.

"It's because I know you guys don't eat, so I didn't want to be rude!". Bella said, shyly, as Ethan continued to stare at Edward, with indignation.

Edward stared back at Ethan, not understanding.

"I haven't eaten yet...". Ethan said, raising his index finger shyly.

Emmett and Jasper laughed briefly at Ethan, until Rosalie interrupted him with a terrified look.

"Are we going to keep pretending that it's not dangerous for ALL OF US?" Rosalie said, irritated. She looked like she was going to fly into Ethan and Bella's necks at any moment.

"Look, I would never tell anyone anything!". Bella said, a little startled.

"WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU, BELLA!". Rosalie yelled, glaring at Bella angrily, which caused everyone to look at Ethan.

- Huh? - Ethan just smiled gently, embarrassed.

"At least the kitchen was not opened in vain. Shall we eat?". Carlisle cut in, trying to ease the situation.

Jasper looked at Emma, who pulled Rosalie into the room, trying to calm her down.

"Well, I'm taking Bella to see the house!". Edward said, pulling Bella upstairs, even though she seemed to want to stay to eat with Ethan.

Alice looked gently at Ethan, as she held his arm. She pulled him to the table, taking a seat beside him.

"Here you go, Ethan, we hope you like it!". Esme said, placing a plate of carbonara noodles on the dining table.

The dish smelled delicious and the presentation was impeccable.

"Excuse me!" Ethan said, picking up a plate and serving himself.

Everyone else was sitting at the table, watching Ethan. It was as if he was a food critic in a famous restaurant. If the food wasn't perfect, it would be a disaster.

Ethan put the plate in front of him and took the first bite.

The noodles were soft, but not mushy. It was the perfect texture. The sauce was made with fresh tomatoes, instead of an industrial tomato sauce, which made it taste even better.

Ethan closed his eyes as he ate the noodles. It was delicious.

It was then that he opened his eyes and realized that everyone at the table was staring at him, not saying a word, which made him a little embarrassed.

"Well? What did you think?" Carlisle asked, excitedly.

"It looks amazing! Probably the best noodles I've ever had!". Ethan said, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Ah, you're overdoing it to please the father-in-law!". Jasper said, laughing at the situation.

"Please me? I'm a great cook, kid! I have years of experience! I know what I'm doing!". Carlisle said, excited.

"I wish I could taste the flavor you describe!". Alice said, watching Ethan eat the noodles so eagerly.

"What do you guys feel when you eat? Like, don't you taste the food?". Ethan asked, curious.

"That's not it! We taste it, but it's bad. It's a gross taste, you know?". Jasper replied.

"Like we're eating shit!". Emmett replied.

"Emmett!". Esme scolded him.

"Oh yeah, with the smell too? Doesn't it smell good?". Ethan asked.

"Oh no, that does! It smells great! It ends up that sometimes someone tries to taste the food again, but ends up going bad!". Jasper replies, looking at Emmett, who looks away.

----

We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patre on!

 

I've made a Patre on to released advanced chapters! You can support me there if you want, thank you!

Read 14+ advanced chapters on Patre on! (2 Daily chapters released there!)

Patre on.com/toToru

 

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VDQdW6gDQC

13